• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves new pics

jett

D-Member
-viper- said:
I'd rather not see co-op in Uncharted 2.

Some co-op segments would be nice (like in the first game), but I'd prefer to see the majority of the game as Drake alone, and it makes more sense for this to be the case imo.

I don't want no shitty partner A.I. like RE5.

If anything the AI partner will no doubt handle like Elena in U1: i.e. she never dies and you don't have to micromanage her own inventory. Not everyone is as fucktarded as the game designers of RE5.

mr_nothin

Banned
-viper- said:

Some co-op segments would be nice (like in the first game), but I'd prefer to see the majority of the game as Drake alone, and it makes more sense for this to be the case imo.

I think Uncharted's gameplay lends well to the idea that you can have one single player but then have another player join in if they want. There's no need for an AI-controlled ally. It could be handled in the old school "pop-in/pop-out" way.

Zophar

EschatonDX said:
I have a little trouble believing this is realtime too, the AA is too good and the DoF filter is overdone to the point where it would actually detract from the game's look. But hey, I could be wrong right? K2 looks this smooth.
The AA could be kicked up but the DoF effect is consistent in every shot well enough to convince me that it's an actual game asset and not some photoshop wizardry.

Though the original Uncharted sported some awesome AA too, I wouldn't be surprised if they've managed to blow that original 2xAA up to 4xAA after two years of engine maturity.

Wow guys, way to turn this thread into a circle jerk...

BTW, will uncharted 2 only have 2 enemy character models?

damn, I can't wait to play this!!!!

burgerdog

LiquidMetal14 said:
The interview does say they use the same model for cut scenes and game play so it bodes well.

That would be fantastic, I hated the artifacts(is that what you call them?) around the characters during cinemas. What caused this, by the way?

Zophar

burgerdog said:
That would be fantastic, I hated the artifacts(is that what you call them?) around the characters during cinemas. What caused this, by the way?
The cutscenes were all pre-recorded- the artifacts you see are compression artifacts from it being encoded into a video file.

Esch

Banned
Byakuya769 said:
BTW, will uncharted 2 only have 2 enemy character models?

[/spoiler]

Yeah, I also noticed that. I hope not. I remember Uncharted suffered from a similar problem with the pirates at least.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dante said:
Why's the snow shot keep disappearing?
Has the TC rehosted?

Zoz said:
Just render targets.
Deal with it!

And the first one looked damn good. I can see that if they are using almost all the CELL breadth that these shots will not look much better than the final.

U1 looked clean as hell.

De-mon said:
108763_uncharted-2--among-thieves.jpg

nice booty. :D
can't wait for this...

Flyguy

So awesome that the other thread dedicated to Uncharted 2 screens wasn't enough to contain the the awesomeness.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I can't tell what sort of tuck the black shirt is getting!

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

KZObsessed

-viper- said:

Hey, I wasn't that bad...

:p

LiquidMetal14

Flyguy said:
So awesome that the other thread dedicated to Uncharted 2 screens wasn't enough to contain the the awesomeness.
There is enough relevant content to not clog that old horse anymore.

Esch

Banned
Zophar said:
The AA could be kicked up but the DoF effect is consistent in every shot well enough to convince me that it's an actual game asset and not some photoshop wizardry.

Though the original Uncharted sported some awesome AA too, I wouldn't be surprised if they've managed to blow that original 2xAA up to 4xAA after two years of engine maturity.

Do any console games even have 4XAA? :|

mr_nothin

Banned
o6jkly.jpg

I hope they blur out nathan during game play, just like that screen. It's a really cool effect. I know it's the same DOF effect from the KZ2 gun model but its very effective.

EDIT: They do this in the 1st game dont they? Wow its been a while since I played the 1st one.

Also, they REALLY needed the bump in contrast to make things POP alot more.

i just downloaded the Uncharted demo a few days ago and played it for the first time

has anyone here played the demo? do you know if the final game is better? i was getting shot through pieces of stone while i was supposedly taking cover, and it irked the hell out of me. also found it annoying how i'd get shot by an enemy the very second i popped out from behind something, almost every time it was with their first shot.

somuchwater said:
I dunno dude. They say in the article that they confirmed that the VGA trailer was real time.

No console can pull off that IQ, they are 100% bullshots.

Hopefully its only the IQ that is downgraded, so long as they get rid of the tearing and at times, unstable framrate the Killzone won't have its crown for long.

Zophar

Mike Works said:
i just downloaded the Uncharted demo a few days ago and played it for the first time

has anyone here played the demo? do you know if the final game is better? i was getting shot through pieces of stone while i was supposedly taking cover, and it irked the hell out of me. also found it annoying how i'd get shot by an enemy the very second i popped out from behind something, almost every time it was with their first shot.
The demo is awful. Rent it, you won't be disappointed.

DuckRacer

Haha, even in that snow shot Nathan has someone following him. Just announce co-op already.

Game looks amazing, too. I hope they add more weapons.

LiquidMetal14

Mike Works said:

I can pretty much say that I enjoyed the demo but be aware it is not finished so it looks better and the rest of the game ramps up greatly. It has superb variety with very little recycling of scenes. It feels like a great Indiana Jones style romp.

Twix

this is crazy..the texturing of Chloe’s pants is just..unbelievable :O

ND using alien technology confirmed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mike Works said:

The demo is jus that, get the full game you will not be dissapointed. You have my word.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
They also proved to us that the scene in the VGA trailer was indeed real time, showing us the scene again and moving the camera around inside and outside of the train in 3D space.
Wat

Esch

Banned
Zophar said:
Heavenly Sword.

Yeah, NHL 09 and Sega Revo Rally apparently have it too(now that i've looked).

I guess GAF is just going to have to wait till a vid(or until arne says something) till we know for sure. In the meantime, those are some damn good screens, even if the IQ is questionable. I like what they've done with the color in this game.

Top Bottom