• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves new pics

Carlisle

Pimpbaa said:
Wish they shown the girls face in the pics. She looks hot from the back tho. Elena from the first game was kinda meh. Hope the cutscenes are realtime this time as well.
This. I wanna see :(

bcn-ron said:
What the fuck is going on in that last pic? Why is Drake shooting an evil clone of himself?

I don't think they've designed the enemies yet, because they all look like Drake to me. OR maybe I'm just insane.

I didn't enjoy the first game, but I'm more than willing to give the second one a blast. On the screenshots, that mountain one is fantastic. :D

IGN: As a proud Platinum holder, are you bringing that same thing to it for Uncharted 2?

Evan Wells: Oh, absolutely and beyond. We're not getting rid of the medal system -- we're going to have the Trophy system as well as the medal system so we can have that many more unlockables and bonuses to give out.

IGN: Is there going to be any tie-in to what you did in the previous game? I know you get fat suit Drake at the very end, but I've just finished the game for whatever number of times. Is there any carryover between saves?

Evan Wells: Yeah, we were looking at tapping into Trophies and how far you've gotten in unlocking stuff in the last game to reward the owners and Platinum holders of Uncharted 1 in Uncharted 2, but those details, we just haven't worked out yet.

IGN: I lied; I have one more question. Now that you're introducing a second character in Chloe, who's almost on par with Nate, have you guys thought at all about a multiplayer component? I don't know for this game, and I'm sure you can't talk about it if you have, but is that something you guys have talked about for future stuff?

Evan Wells: You know, it's really exciting how co-op and multiplayer are becoming exciting features for gamers. You're seeing a lot of great games that are taking advantage of that -- Left 4 Dead was a fantastic game, Gears co-op is awesome, Resident Evil 5's got a great co-op mode. It really does seem like it would fit the Uncharted universe well. It's something that we haven't concentrated on right now; we're really concentrating on bringing that single-player experience to the forefront and delivering the best single-player experience that is out there. At Naughty Dog, we're very excited about online games and multiplayer games, and it's something that we certainly will be looking at in the future.

IGN: Next, as a huge fan of the series, where is Elena? Why are you hiding her?

Amy Hennig: [laughter] We've buried her. She's in the crawlspace. No. It's so funny; we always get this question, and if you note -- if you read all of the things we've said -- we've never said that she's not in the game; we just didn't say that she is. The thing is, obviously, what we're focusing on in talking to you guys in these previews is that we really want a larger cast of characters and a more diverse cast of characters because the whole goal is to tell a character-driven story and to have those characters all reflect these different facets of Drake's sort of complications and contradictions in his character. That means more characters and a more varied cast, and that doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't people returning. But we really wanted to focus on some of the new characters that are playing a role -- Chloe Frazer being the one we've focused on so far.

IGN: I don't trust her yet. In terms of timeline, how much time has passed since the events of Uncharted 1 now going into Among Thieves?

Amy Hennig: Just a couple of years because we left the characters in sort of this Sullivan/Nathan/Elena snapshot leaving at the end of the first game, but we pick up a couple of years later and obviously things have changed. Drake's in a slightly different place in his life -- or back to the place he used to be. He's good at being the romantic lead and the hero when he's called to but probably not very good at human relationships back in the real world. He's better at being a little bit of a shady guy. And so, our starting point is that he's a little down on his luck at the beginning of this one -- again, not necessarily a darker place but back in the world he normally occupies -- and we sort of explore a little bit of how he got there and where he's going from there. Again, without the expectation that anyone had to have played Uncharted 1 to enjoy Uncharted 2, but for those that did play Uncharted 1, they'll get a lot more of those resonances.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/950/950692p1.html

BeeDog

They (re-)confirmed fall '09 as the scheduled release period. Can't fucking wait, Uncharted 1 is still my favorite PS3 game. :p

AWESOME!!11!!

1201080229.jpg

+

naughtydog-logo.gif

=

worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

Raist

Banned
I'm trying to pull a bouc. Will probably not be as awesome as his work, but I try :p

And you know what, UDF looks like shit now :lol

Niks

Wow this came out of the blue. Didn't expect info so soon.
Chloe is looking very nice, raven haired girls ftw!

I really liked Elena (an hopefully she will be in the game in some form) but Chloe is kickass! I just hope her personality is a cool as Drakes!

Hype +1

J-Rzez

Arne, I demand you tell them we want a Collectors Edition for this game. Steel box, journal of sorts, map, and soundtrack (since the man's back from the first one). Get on it.

Darkpen

Banned
...so would I be correct to assume they'll be incorporating a crouch button for this installment, based on all of the talk around stealth? That was seriously one of the things that bugged me about the first one, so I hope its added.

Achtius said:
Platinum Trophy for Uncharted is almost impossible :(
Naw, It's not as hard as you think. Except for maybe the very last section with all the rain on crushing. Can't even say how many times I had to retry.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Game needs more Elena. She was a damn likable character, and was played well off of Drake himself and lent a lot of charm to the first game. I'm gonna be dissapointed if they replace her with a new "hardass mercenary" girl or a damsel-in-distress RE4-Ashley clone.

h3ro

Achtius said:

Beating Uncharted on Crushing last year after the Trophy patch was one of my favorite moments of last year...

Damn, I have a ridiculous backlog right now, but I feel like doing a Fat Drake run through on crushing again...:lol

Stantron

Gawd dayum that looks amazing. Most anticipated game of 09 by far.
I was late on the first Uncharted bandwagon, but this will be day one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Achtius said:
It's probably one of the easiest games to get it for. It's the only one I have.

Anyway, the game looks fantastic and I will be there Day 1.

Jaroof

Wow :O
With Uncharted 2 looking this good, this just makes me want Jak 4 even more and more!!
Please make it happen Naughty Dog!

God, this game looks good.

To bad it won't get 10's in the graphics department. you know being a Playstation 3 exclusive and all. :D

Darkpen said:
...so would I be correct to assume they'll be incorporating a crouch button for this installment, based on all of the talk around stealth? That was seriously one of the things that bugged me about the first one, so I hope its added.
IGN: One of the things you guys were talking about was how there are different animations, different things for what's happening in the environment. So if I am sneaking into a room, is there some kind of button I need to press to be crawling and be stealthy?

Evan Wells: It's automatic. It's all contextual so if you noticed in the demo as I approached the enemies and they weren't aware of me, he hunches down and you get that stealthful approach. If you're on the train, he's going to be checking his balance and making sure he doesn't fall off. It's all contextual. The idea is to make the control scheme very basic, very intuitive. We aren't trying to overcomplicate things through this addition of stealth -- it should just all come second nature and become a player choice.
So probably not then.

A.R.K

In Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I didn't use the melee attacks all that much on my first playthrough because I didn't find them super-effective. Sure, they killed the bad guys, but they usually took some time and left Drake open to attack. In Uncharted 2, that doesn't seem to be the case. After all the ledges and jumping, Nathan fell into another group of baddies. This time, one of them came at Drake with a riot shield. Our hero shot the top of the shield so that it would lean back at just a bit of an angle, ran up the makeshift ramp, and dropped behind the bad guy before breaking his neck. Nate then picked up the shield and used it for his own transportable cover.

:O :O :O

Can't wait for this one!

Timbuktu

_leech_ said:
Yeah, what happened to her? :(

Maybe she's pregnant with ND Jnr so she can't go to Nepal?

Any clue if this would be 8hrs long again? I loved the first game, didn't think it was too short. I hope they don't go too 'dark' though, Killzone 2 has enough of that thank you very much.

Top Bottom