• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

ZeroRay said:
Really? Awesome! Got a source?

Christophe Balestra: Maybe in the future. Right now, it's kind of difficult because we're so focused on the next thing. It would be too late for us to start thinking about that. Move certainly has potential.

Evan Wells: I was probably the biggest naysayer when I heard about the Wii, this is just going to be flash in the pan. What is Nintendo thinking? But I've eaten my hat. And I think that there are some really great and exciting experiences that you can create. So, I definitely think the Move has a lot of potential. But I think if we were going to tackle a game that supported Move, we would want to do it from the ground up. We're too far along into what we're working on next to really do it justice.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/naught-dog-comments-on-move-and-their-next-game

Love to hear the words "too far along" and "on what we are working on next." I seriously can not wait for Uncharted 3. If it comes out Fall 2011, I will be so happy.

Danneee

Danneee said:
So, I had completed 75% of the game when I thought it was an good idea to trade my platinum hits version in for the collectors edition.
Now it seems that the saves are not compatible with each other, the CE disc doesn't find any old saves even though it is there when i browse the save files on my PS3. How stupid is this? Or is there a fix around?

Anyone?

Kittonwy

Banned
GG Bleach and Biggz, still my favorite MP game of all time.
angry.gif

Danneee

jett said:
PM arne, he's Naughty Dog's community manager. Weird that the platinum version is incompatible with saved games of the vanilla U2.
Thanks! Will do!

And yeah, it's really strange.

Mesijs

About the GOTY-edition

Sorry if this question has already been posed, but if I import the GOTY-edition and play it on my EU console, do I have any problems with all the online DLC or is there no problem at all? Like, does it work with vouchers and can't I use these vouchers in the EU store then...?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
DLC has to be the same region. You would have to redeem the code on the US store. It will still work if you're playing on a EU account though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I only got to play The Lab for one day, but let me post my thoughts.

It was pretty cool, but I felt like the matches needed to last longer. 2 wins and then the match ends is a bit of a buzzkill when you're barely starting to get pumped up. Maybe four rounds would have been a nicer number to get things rolling and make it more exciting. I also kept forgetting that your team mate can't hear you when you're dead so I kept talking like an idiot without realizing my friend couldn't hear shit. :lol

Also, while I liked that Naughty Dog enabled skins that related to Halloween, I just hate skeletons. I hate...hate skeletons. :( thank goodness regular skins are back on again! Silent skins (especially skeletons) = no fun for me.

More double cash, please!

Apath

I just played my first multiplayer match in a long while, going 14-0 moving around the map pretty constantly, mixing it up with team mates and going solo. They had a 50 and a guy with a roman numeral "VI", whatever that means. Bumped me up to level 12 :D

How long does it usually take Naughty Dog's website to update its stats/match history?

Krauser Kat said:
hype overload. But how can they push the ps3 anymore.
That's the least of my interest in an Uncharted 3. What I want is more "The Monastery" style stealth and less "Urban Warfare" style stealth.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
FYI Uncharted 2 was revealed December 2008, 10 months before it was released.

So if we're going to see U3 for next fall, it will likely be unveiled within the next 8 weeks or so.

But, I attended a GDC session this past march about the making of U2, and it really sounds like it just about killed the team/company. It REALLY sounded like they wouldn't try to force another 2-year dev cycle... they were very haggard by the time the game was done.

Epix

So I threw UC2 back in the PS3 to have another go round since the first time I played it and it prompted me to download 9 patches that have been deployed since the last time I played. Now that its finished applying the patches, when I try and start a new game the loading screen just goes into a never-ending loop (I know its looping because the background audio starts looping every 4s or so) and the game never loads. Are the patches to blame? What are my options for fixing this?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Epix said:
So I threw UC2 back in the PS3 to have another go round since the first time I played it and it prompted me to download 9 patches that have been deployed since the last time I played. Now that its finished applying the patches, when I try and start a new game the loading screen just goes into a never-ending loop (I know its looping because the background audio starts looping every 4s or so) and the game never loads. Are the patches to blame? What are my options for fixing this?
Oh my god. :(

This has happened to me. You gotta delete your game data (NOT your save) and redownload everything again. Once you do that, you won't get that anymore. It sucks so much.

Epix

Rewrite said:
Oh my god. :(

This has happened to me. You gotta delete your game data (NOT your save) and redownload everything again. Once you do that, you won't get that anymore. It sucks so much.
That fixed it. Thanks.

Anyone know what Audio Settings one should use for "Dynamic Range" when using 5.1 optical headphones?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Just dropping in just to say uncharted 2 multi player and co op arena is fricking amazng and incredible addictive.

and why does this game look so amazing? I don't remember uncharted 2 looking this good. Has there been a patch that improved the lighting or something?..because damn!.

Jaroof

TEH-CJ said:
Just dropping in just to say uncharted 2 multi player and co op arena is fricking amazng and incredible addictive.

and why does this game look so amazing? I don't remember uncharted 2 looking this good. Has there been a patch that improved the lighting or something?..because damn!.

Naughty Dog.
Naughty Dog happened.

reKon

Banned
It would be awesome if it was Dec or Jan, but I don't want them to kill themselves again over this game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
TEH-CJ said:
Hell yes it is. That mode alone is the best out of everything in the game to me. Plunder would be a close second. I just don't get that same amount of adrenaline when I'm partied up with just a friend and we're trying to tackle down all 10 rounds of Gold Rush by ourselves. It's just so fucking intense working together trying to beat all 10 rounds. We even handicap ourselves and use pistols only so it's even more chaotic. Siege is also pretty awesome when it's just 2 people. It's so intense in The Sanctuary, The Fort, and The Lost City. I dare you try it with just you and another person on those maps!

Speaking of maps, The Highrise is the best fucking map ever. Anyone who disagrees is WRONG.

Epix said:
That fixed it. Thanks.
No problem. Glad it was fixed. :D

Dries

Doing a Crushing play-through at the moment. Got all the way to the monastery without too much trouble. I'm thinking those end game parts will be pretty hard though. Will I want to throw my controller across the room?

Dries said:
Doing a Crushing play-through at the moment. Got all the way to the monastery without too much trouble. I'm thinking those end game parts will be pretty hard though. Will I want to throw my controller across the room?
Nah, the "throw my controller across the room" part was the train boss, and you've already gone through that. I think you'll be fine (final boss could be a bitch at crushing though).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Dries said:
Not at all. Crushing in this game was so easy and a breeze compared to the first Uncharted's Crushing. The two spots I had trouble with was in Borneo where you were attacked by those wave of enemies and in Shambala (w/e it's called) where those "beasts" appear.

People kept saying they were having a hard time with the last boss fight, but I didn't. Just keep your distance and you'll be fine.

Seventy5

Jesus tap dancing Christ! I finally hooked my PS3 up to a 5.1 system last night and threw U2 in when I got home tonight, and it is seriously blowing me away. I don't think I've ever heard anything sound as good as this game does. I was part right before you open the gates to Shambala and the cave sounds & ambient effects are outstanding, and now I'm fighting Lazara-bitch on Crushing and my man cave walls are rumbling from the explosions. I can't wait to try out more games in 5.1, but U2 has set a very high bar.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't know what to do anymore. This game just keeps messing up on me. Tonight, the fucking black screen with the spinning dagger would always appear after a match was over and every time I'd quit the game, the PS3 would just reboot itself. Every other online game works, it's just Uncharted 2 that fucks up every single god damn time. I'm so tired of it. Am I going to have to rebuy the game again to have the online working smoothly for me? :|

I'm beyond pissed.

Kittonwy

Banned
GGs Jett/Bleach/Chrp/jmehatesme, aside from that last brutal game where me and bleach and jmehatesme got SLAUGHTERED lol.
Indifferent2.gif

Rewrite said:
Not at all. Crushing in this game was so easy and a breeze compared to the first Uncharted's Crushing. The two spots I had trouble with was in Borneo where you were attacked by those wave of enemies and in Shambala (w/e it's called) where those "beasts" appear.

People kept saying they were having a hard time with the last boss fight, but I didn't. Just keep your distance and you'll be fine.

At least there was a cheap trick for the last boss if you got seriously P.O'd, that train boss was just fucking ridiculous on every level (on Crushing). He's got no more armour than any other enemy, but you're telling me I can't shoot him dead? Really?

ND can't make boss fights, they should just bring Sucker Punch in for those bits.

jett

D-Member
Kittonwy said:
GGs Jett/Bleach/Chrp/jmehatesme, aside from that last brutal game where me and bleach and jmehatesme got SLAUGHTERED lol.
Indifferent2.gif

Yes GGs, even the randoms we were playing with at the start!

meppi

Been replaying the story mode this weekend after finishing it last year when it came out.

I'd almost forgotten how absolutely perfect this game feels in every single way. :)

Might have to jump back into MP to see if it got a bit better with all the patches.
I got annoyed by it last time I played it (again, about a year ago) due to the stupidly accurate close range auto-aim, especially when using shotguns/pistoles.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Double Cash, Fatties, & Snipers Only Plunder Lab this Thanksgiving :D

“The Lab” – November 2010 Schedule

s6bDu.png

“The Lab” starts up again later this week with a weekend of M32 - Hammers Only—we’ll post full details, including variation parameters and maps on Thursday, November 11—and then we’ll be closing out the month with a Thanksgiving themed event.

If you’re new to “The Lab,” welcome! “The Lab” is a special playlist we will be running for a limited time on designated weekends, roughly every other weekend. You can access “The Lab” playlist within the set of playlists found in Matchmaking in UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. During each weekend “The Lab” is active, we’ll be running a specialized playlist featuring one or more custom-tuned gametype variations from the tons of variables we can tweak in our multiplayer gameplay settings.

We’ll also be hosting a new thread for every event on the Naughty Dog community forums to get your feedback and thoughts on each one of our “The Lab” events.

“The Lab” episodes for November are:

November 12 - 15
  • M32 - Hammers Only
You’ve experienced RPGs Only through our Deathmatch variations options and been through “The Lab” episode of Grenades Only to get your fill of explosives-only action in multiplayer. In that vein, we’ve focused on that one power weapon—the M32 - Hammer, just in case you didn’t catch that just now—that you all both love and hate. We’re keeping Boosters active expressly so you are presented with the difficult choice—do I go for Sure Foot or Launch Man? Of course, some of you are going to go with Come Get Some for the extra cash—although with relatively limited ammo in your M32 - Hammer, you may not want to opt for Half Loaded unless you’re exceedingly masochistic or just want a challenge. There’s a few other gametype parameters we’re working out for this episode, so check back later this week for our regular Thursday update on “The Lab” for full details.

November 25 - 29

• Thanksgiving Event: Plunder - Snipers Only
This episode of the “The Lab” should be rather interesting to play—you may just find yourself running a gauntlet of sniper scopes trained at you from well-placed defensive positions as you try to bring the treasure to your team’s chest to score. Or not. I do know that you WILL be able to get a visual on your target, I mean opponent, a bit easier for this Thanksgiving Event, but remember, the hit boxes are the same size as the less, er, voluminous versions of Drake and Lazarevic. We’re keeping Boosters active—so get your Deposit on for maximum cash in this Plunder variation, which will be DOUBLY effective during this Thanksgiving Event version of “The Lab.” See what I did there? As always, more full details will be available the day prior to when “The Lab” launches for the weekend.​

Killthee said:
  • Thanksgiving Event: Plunder - Snipers Only
This episode of the “The Lab” should be rather interesting to play—you may just find yourself running a gauntlet of sniper scopes trained at you from well-placed defensive positions as you try to bring the treasure to your team’s chest to score. Or not. I do know that you WILL be able to get a visual on your target, I mean opponent, a bit easier for this Thanksgiving Event, but remember, the hit boxes are the same size as the less, er, voluminous versions of Drake and Lazarevic. We’re keeping Boosters active—so get your Deposit on for maximum cash in this Plunder variation, which will be DOUBLY effective during this Thanksgiving Event version of “The Lab.” See what I did there? As always, more full details will be available the day prior to when “The Lab” launches for the weekend. [/INDENT]
Haha, YES! The return of Fatty Lazarevic! :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Haha, that sounds pretty awesome. Can't wait to try it!

And woohoo to fucking double cash, baby!

Kittonwy said:
GG Bleach and Biggz, still my favorite MP game of all time.
angry.gif

I was pretty pissed the whole time playing with you guys, everyone we played except the times I was party leader. The opponents pulled anything they could to kill me. :(

Curufinwe

Rewrite said:

Keep your distance and he'll throw five grenades at once right at you.

Top Bottom