• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Calavera520 said:
Does Shane seem like a total hack to anyone else? Invisible Walls is certainly far from being the best podcast altogether, but I really can't stand the commentary from Shane Satterfield.

He's...an interesting fellow. He needs to wise up to what people would suspect their reviews since they aren't consistent with what he stated, nor do we know who writes what reviews.

reKon

Banned
For those who have beaten the game, how would you rank the campaign overall compared to past games in terms of enjoyment/fun factor? You can include other great games that have come out this gen that you've actually played too like CoD4, Halo 3, Killzone 2, Bioshock, Dead Space, GeoW 1/2 (especially these).

netguy503

Revolutionary said:
So I beat the game earlier... my god... what a ride.

Sorry Arkham Asylum, the GOTY title no longer belongs to you. :D

GREAT broadcast, thank you so much!

Can't wait for your crushing playthrough tomorrow at 2pmEST! It will be so fun. :)

ashism

Wario64 said:
Man you missed the first game. The 3rd map is by far the best and hardest one. Co-op is tons of fun. I didn't think I would like co-op objectives compared to survival but it's almost like playing an intense single player campaign scenario...but with 2 other people!

Co-op = holy fucking shit
You guys playing retail? If you need another for co op later, add me.

Revolutionary said:
So I beat the game earlier... my god... what a ride.

Sorry Arkham Asylum, the GOTY title no longer belongs to you. :D

Honestly since I haven't actually played UC2, Batman: AA and Infamous are my top GotY contenders- I'm hoping Nathan Drake and Co. can top it easily. Which I'm sure they will :D

Dizzan

MINI Member
I keep searching for Uncharted 2 media on the net, loading th video, pressing play, then quickly turn it off realising I'll spoil the game. So excited for this.

I've decided to play through on Hard first time through.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Some guy wants to add me as a friend on PSN, posing as "TECH" from Naughty Dog, PSN name "GamerOwnage"

lol what

ashism said:
You guys playing retail? If you need another for co op later, add me.

Yup, finally got Hard mode unlocked. I want to try Hard sometime soon. It seems impossible to get a real co-op game going in matchmaking. Everyone always has it set on Easy.

other members were also posting info on where they received their copy in this thread, i am sure members that reside in the NYC area would find my info useful.. if you don't then turn the other cheek.. this "mom and pop" store has been in business for over 15+ years and from what i remember has always broken street dates, i don't believe Uncharted 2 will be the end for them.

I have a feeling I'm close to the endgame, can someone who beat it already give me percentage figure?
Just finished the ice cave and entered the embattled village

VegaShinra

MickeyKnox said:
I have a feeling I'm close to the endgame, can someone who beat it already give me percentage figure?
If you look at your save file it'll give you a %

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MickeyKnox said:
~70 - ~80 percent I think. You can view the actual percentage by selecting the save file from the saved data folder or by selecting it in the load game option in game.

Ashour said:
I have to say that the soundtrack in this game is really amazing, I hope it get's released soon for me to buy.
It's up for preorder on iTunes (releases the 13th), but I don't think its complete. Listening to the samples I couldn't find my favorite track (the track from the
huge dagger/light temple
section; the chanting track).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
patsu said:
Wait... what, is this game released already ? I thought it's next week ?
Street date is Tuesday, but some retailers have broken it and SCEA/Naughty Dog gave out some free copies at the Sneak Peek Events they held earlier this week.

web01

Quick question:

Can you play survival and plunder co op on all the multiplayer levels if not how many?

In the beta you could only play plunder on two of the levels which seemed a bit weird.

LaneDS

So retail co-op squad, a question: does Nepal Warzone end after the fight with the chain gunner? I have not seen if there's more to the co-op missions than offered in the MP demo. I'm hopeful it goes on beyond that.

Then again, there is a medal specifically for beating co-op objective missions in under 15 minutes, so perhaps there's no more. If someone could please enlighten me, that'd be great.

Defuser

I like the irony of Chapter 2.
Drake : No no no! I won't kill those guards.

*Pull some guard off the ledge, plunging to his death*

LaneDS

web01 said:
Quick question:

Can you play survival and plunder co op on all the multiplayer levels if not how many?

In the beta you could only play plunder on two of the levels which seemed a bit weird.

You can't play it on levels like Temple and Ice Cave because the levels aren't built to allow enemies to pour in over buildings and up cliffs. I think there are four maps that support co-op Gold Rush and Survival in retail.

Wario64 said:

Excellent. So there's multiple missions per map? Something like that?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
msdstc said:
Is it released on Tuesday or shipped?
in stores Tuesday. I can't think of the last major game that advertised its shipping date over its street date.

Ashour

Killthee said:
It's up for preorder on iTunes (releases the 13th), but I don't think its complete. Listening to the samples I couldn't find my favorite track (the track from the
huge dagger/light temple
section; the chanting track).

Shame, that's one of the best tracks. I'll be getting it anyways.

Gribbix

Defuser said:
I like the irony of Chapter 2.
Drake : No no no! I won't kill those guards.

*Pull some guard off the ledge, plunging to his death*

I mentioned how that was my initial reaction in an earlier post, but if you watch carefully, you'll see the guard doesn't actually die. You can clearly see him swimming towards land.

web01

LaneDS said:
You can't play it on levels like Temple and Ice Cave because the levels aren't built to allow enemies to pour in over buildings and up cliffs. I think there are four maps that support co-op Gold Rush and Survival in retail.

Ugh thats really disappointing I bet they could have easily got the co op to work on those levels if they had more time I guess they wanted to rush the game out before xmas and other big releases.

N3al

Quick question: Will my American Uncharted 1 saves work on European Uncharted 2 or not?

I have American Uncharted 1, and I'm planning on getting European Uncharted 2. But I was wondering if I will still be able to use 'Use Uncharted 1 Trophies' Option.

Thanks!

Beat it.

It's definitely got a "National Treasure the Movie: the Game" thing going on, which is kind of painful at times. Has some truly outstanding art design and visual fidelity for the world you run around in, which ends up really awkwardly juxtaposed by the nonsensical "videogame" parts of the level design. The combat ratchets up at a really good pace for the first half of the game, plateaus at sweet spot (apart from a couple shitty encounters) but then falls apart in the last act.

The game is certainly a spectacle, and undoubtedly better than the first but I kind of hope they go back to the drawing board for the next one, I'm sort of over the general mechanics of this series.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
MickeyKnox said:
Beat it.

It's definitely got a "National Treasure the Movie: the Game" thing going on, which is kind of painful at times. Has some truly outstanding art design and visual fidelity for the world you run around in, which ends up really awkwardly juxtaposed by the nonsensical "videogame" parts of the level design. The combat ratchets up at a really good pace for the first half of the game, plateaus at sweet spot (apart from a couple shitty encounters) but then falls apart in the last act.

The game is certainly a spectacle, and undoubtedly better than the first but I kind of hope they go back to the drawing board for the next one, I'm sort of over the general mechanics of this series.

All the perfect scores beg to disagree. But I guess it's just not for you.

Defuser

I better put my controller down since I reach chapter 16 and I don't want to finish fast.

Holy shit,this is pure awesome from the start,the snow graphics is gorgeous,action packed especially the train levels imo very adrenaline rushing and the motherfucking scale of the game.I can't believe naughty dog designs are so pretty to look at.

MickeyKnox said:
Beat it.

Could you elaborate on this a little..just interested to see how you would like them to change up the formular...I certainly liked the balance the first uncharted had...strangely enough I have the feeling you just articulated for Batman AA though...it was a good formula, but it felt like they got pretty much everything out of it in that one game (in regards to gameplay)

nelsonroyale said:
Could you elaborate on this a little..just interested to see how you would like them to change up the formular...I certainly liked the balance the first uncharted had...strangely enough I have the feeling you just articulated for Batman AA though...it was a good formula, but it felt like they got pretty much everything out of it in that one game (in regards to gameplay)
Well the game is basically a remix of the first, everything gameplay wise is pretty much the same. It's like they decided the production should focus on visuals and story, and since I don't see them squeezing another visual leap out of this system that leaves story as the only hook for the next game.

MickeyKnox said:
Well the game is basically a remix of the first, everything gameplay wise is pretty much the same. It's like they decided the production should focus on visuals and story, and since I don't see them squeezing another visual leap out of this system that leaves story as the only hook for the next game.

Story and particularly visuals are a pretty massive draw for me, so I am pretty content with that I suppose... I would like to see them try and fuse the tight narrative structure with more open gameplay however

Amir0x

Banned
I wouldn't mind an Uncharted 3 with more emphasis on puzzles, ala Tomb Raider.

But man that would require some massive levels to work and provide enough length. Fuck the Tomb Raider haters anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom