• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valkyr Junkie said:
The only RDD order I ever got late was Soul Calibur 4 which I believe was Amazon's first time ever doing RDD. I doubt they'll screw-up Uncharted 2 given the fact that the game has been at the top of the best-sellers for months now, so I'm sure they're prepared.

And Blu_LED, RDD is overnight shipment, so our copies won't ship until Monday.
Ahh got it. Thanks.

Dynamic3

Valkyr Junkie said:
The only RDD order I ever got late was Soul Calibur 4 which I believe was Amazon's first time ever doing RDD. I doubt they'll screw-up Uncharted 2 given the fact that the game has been at the top of the best-sellers for months now, so I'm sure they're prepared.

And Blu_LED, RDD is overnight shipment, so our copies won't ship until Monday.

The bad thing about RDD is that it requires a signature. I have yet to actually catch the UPS guy on the RD lol.

Defunkled

Kintaro said:
Well, the newest Invisible Walls (GameTrailer's vidcast/podcast thing) talked about their Uncharted 2 Review (which was Shane Satterfield's review). They also has the guy who wrote the Demon's Souls review come on to "defend" his review too... (Shane: "When I got back from vacation, I saw the review and said "Hmmm...that's pretty high.") :lol

Anyways, long story short, according to Shane, GT will always score and skew games scores higher for games that are "original and offer value" more than anything else. According to him, 9.3 is the highest score a game like UC2, "which does absolutely nothing new or original and plays it as safe as possible", will ever receive.

Of course, there's absolutely nothing on the site that states how GT reviews their games and what they value over what so how were people supposed to know? :lol

So, he addressed it anyway, but without really addressing it. We'll see how this holds up with more sequels hit this year.

I agree. I mean, he says that a game with little originality can't get a really high score, yet games like Halo 3, GTAIV, and Zelda: Twilight Princess all score a 9.7 or above. Now, don't get me wrong, all of those games are amazing and slick as hell, but c'mon, originality is definitely something they severely lack.

I guess what bugs me the most is that it seems like he's using this "originality" thing only when he feels he needs to justify himself.

Gribbix

Wario64 said:
1 more trophy left and I'll have my Platinum....10 more treasures left

I've got 2 treasures left until I get the Platinum. I'm still missing the one from chapter 6. I'm also missing one on chapter 23. Did you get the Relic Finder trophy yet? I still don't have that one yet.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gribbix said:
I've got 2 treasures left until I get the Platinum. I'm still missing the one from chapter 6. I'm also missing one on chapter 23. Did you get the Relic Finder trophy yet? I still don't have that one yet.

Yeah. If you need a clue, it's on
ch 5

Gribbix

Wario64 said:
Yeah. If you need a clue, it's on
ch 5

So it's not one of the 100 treasures? The chapter select menu says there isn't any treasure on chapter 5. Is it a blinking light like the treasures or is it an actual physical object?

Aladuf

Banned
The Chef said:
Picking it up at midnight. I can't belive I actually asked for Tuesday off from work haha.

3 DAYS
I'm doing the exact same thing, Today I swapped my preorder from a non-midnight launch Gamestop to one that's having a midnight launch and I requested off of work for Tuesday, also. :lol

I'm going crazy waiting for the game to come out, it's making me not want to play any other games right now... I might go for a quick 5th playthrough of Uncharted: DF since it's been a few months since I played it last.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Defunkled said:
I agree. I mean, he says that a game with little originality can't get a really high score, yet games like Halo 3, GTAIV, and Zelda: Twilight Princess all score a 9.7 or above. Now, don't get me wrong, all of those games are amazing and slick as hell, but c'mon, originality is definitely something they severely lack.

I guess what bugs me the most is that it seems like he's using this "originality" thing only when he feels he needs to justify himself.

I doubt this is when Satterfield was with GT, and this is more of a random point but GT's highest reviewed game is Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter. It has a 9.9. I had a little chuckle.

Dammit I want my UC2!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gribbix said:
So it's not one of the 100 treasures? The chapter select menu says there isn't any treasure on chapter 5. Is it a blinking light like the treasures or is it an actual physical object?

I forget if it was blinking, but it's in a pretty obscure place, and I think it still counts as a treasure since it appears on the treasure list. The blinking light won't help on this one anyway since the place in where it's at is pretty hidden and easily overlooked

Gribbix

Wario64 said:
I forget if it was blinking, but it's in a pretty obscure place, and I think it still counts as a treasure since it appears on the treasure list. The blinking light won't help on this one anyway since the place in where it's at is pretty hidden and easily overlooked

So you're sure it's in chapter 5 and not 6? I have 98 of 100 right now but the only treasures I'm missing are from chapter 6 and 23. Also, do you remember if you had to shoot it down or was it one you just walk over?

Prezhulio

Dynamic3 said:
The bad thing about RDD is that it requires a signature. I have yet to actually catch the UPS guy on the RD lol.

fucking hell. anyway to presign on the net when tracking goes up? it's a for sure i won't be able to sign on delivery.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gribbix said:
So you're sure it's in chapter 5 and not 6? I have 98 of 100 right now but the only treasures I'm missing are from chapter 6 and 23. Also, do you remember if you had to shoot it down or was it one you just walk over?

Positive. In case I got the ch # wrong, it's the level that starts out with you outrunning the jeep. You dont shoot it down. Though if you're missing 1 from 6 and 23 and you have 2 treasures left, I guess it adds to the treasure list but not to the # count? I didn't really pay attention when I grabbed the strange relic.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dax01 said:
:lol Have you even played the game?
You don't really need to play Uncharted to know what Mickey Knox's opinion is going to be about it. I remember some of his posts about the first game - so much bitterness, it sounded like it ran over his whole family - so it would be like asking a hardcore Mario fan for an opinion on Sonic, or something along those lines.

Does anyone here has some inside info on when the PS3 250GB Uncharted 2 Bundle will be released in NA?

I'm pretty sure I saw something on the internets.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Gribbix said:
There's 101 treasure including the Strange Relic. It's just like Drake's Fortune, the Strange Relic is added to the Treasure List but it doesn't count towards the gather all the treasures trophy.

JardeL

You can send unlimited invites to anyone on your friends list at multiplayer , that needs to be fixed. Seeing 50+ invites [ and also messages in Message Box ] is not funny and takes too long to clear up. Just check out LBP's invite system ND, ASAP.

FIX THIS SHIT GG!!!!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BeeDog said:
Arne, could you please tell if the XMB theme that's supposedly in the CE is dynamic or not?
Also, same question for the one given away by Futureshop in Canada (which is probably the same one)

Prezhulio said:
nope. amazon is selling for 56.99, 10% eca, and i'm assuming he's including the $5 amazon game coupon in the price that's coming with preordering the game

Nope, not counting that coupon, so I guess I'm getting it for $41!!!!

Sony sent me a $5 off coupon to pre-order it on Amazon with. Might have been a Qore thing.

imtehman

Banned
Kintaro said:
I doubt this is when Satterfield was with GT, and this is more of a random point but GT's highest reviewed game is Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter. It has a 9.9. I had a little chuckle.

Dammit I want my UC2!

i chuckle a little when people get butthurt because someone's opinion doesn't agree with their own.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Got my copy last night. There are places in the Santa Monica area that got the game and are selling it already. Played for like 5 hours with my fiance watching the whole time super intently. Went to bed with a massive LCD screen headache :lol :lol :lol I'm getting to old for this...

imtehman

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
Got my copy last night. There are places in the Santa Monica area that got the game and are selling it already. Played for like 5 hours with my fiance watching the whole time super intently. Went to bed with a massive LCD screen headache :lol :lol :lol I'm getting to old for this...

i had the same problem with UC1, but i'm not experiencing that right now with part 2

freitax

I just read this in the comments of a game site
Wohoooo XD
Just got my copy of Uncharted2,but i had to fight for it(which is kind of ridiculous since i preordered it weeks ago).

Pretty sweet deal too, it actually came with a code for the LBP dynamic theme and of course, the golden guns.

*Dash towards PS3*

The theme is the lbp one??? Can someone confirm this?? I already have that theme:O I have already wasted money on that!!

Prezhulio

well just read the amazon stance on RDD:

Accepting Delivery and Signatures
Although a signature is not required for most Release-Date Delivery items, we cannot guarantee whether our carrier will leave a package at the delivery address if no one is available to accept it. If the package is not left on your doorstep on the release date, your mail carrier should leave a note explaining your options for re-delivery or picking up the package at your local Post Office.

eh guess i'll be getting it the 14th if it requires a signature because of work since there's no way to ensure they leave it there. shouldn't matter too much since i was planning on leaving early wednesday, assuming it gets to my place earlier than later in the day.

the extraday of trying not to look at media will be killing me though. saw some stuff yesterday in the gttv review i couldn't turn off in time.

agaru

I haven't even beaten the SP, yet so far I truly believe this is the best gaming experience I had this generation. And to think there are still trophies/treasures/medals to hunt, bonuses to unlock, a 'crushing' campaign to beat, and addictive co-op + competitive MP modes to play for weeks?! It's like happiness got packed in a Blu-ray disc.

Thank you ND! :)

KZObsessed

JardeL said:
You can send unlimited invites to anyone on your friends list at multiplayer , that needs to be fixed. Seeing 50+ invites [ and also messages in Message Box ] is not funny and takes too long to clear up. Just check out LBP's invite system ND, ASAP.

FIX THIS SHIT GG!!!!

ahahaha!

aj :lol

BeeDog said:
Are there any proper non-promo pictures of the Collector's Edition packaging?
ab5k60.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom