• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
badcrumble said:
Erm, after tracking that through the links and applying some basic critical thinking, I'm gonna say that's almost certainly fake.
3692015498_13b761b363_o.png

Noooooooooo!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Given that 'our other pages' also includes Max Payne 3, I'm gonna say that's just a fan page...and thus, also, a fan-made logo.

ryan-ts

I'm playing through the single player again which I haven't touched since December. I forgot how good it is, Naughty Dog made a hell of a game.

Jaroof

:lol :lol
I finally got around to looking at the "rewards" for getting to levels 70 and 80.
Dutch.. and Blaine?! Who the hell are those guys?! :lol
That made me laugh so hard.
You go from getting Donut Drake to.. Dutch and Blaine. Wow.

Karram

ryan-ts said:
I'm playing through the single player again which I haven't touched since December. I forgot how good it is, Naughty Dog made a hell of a game.
I was doing the same thing about a week ago for about 4-5 hours, and I totally had the opposite reaction. Graphically the game still looked awesome so did the animations. Other than that I didn't like the combat which is weird since the last time I played in January or February I thought it's pretty good. I thought the weapons don't feel so great in comparison to a Game like Gears 2 or even Gears 1. Enemies weren't very interesting to fight either. The Stealth as well was very simple, it's basically get behind an enemy and press the Square button.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the game is bad or anything I just didn't like the game as much when I first played it. I think if I can time travel back to 09 Batman would be my GOTY instead of Uncharted 2 which would be third behind Assassins Creed 2.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Jaroof said:
I finally got around to looking at the "rewards" for getting to levels 70 and 80.
lol, it's funny you mention this because random players I play with say this all of the time. The say stuff like, "So they expect you to raise a shitload of money and spend months trying to level up for some skins? Wtf."

I agree with their assertions. I'm happy being level 60 because that's the highest level to me before they added newer ones. That black X is so awesome unlike when you reach 61...

Also, they're only villain skins. What about Hero skins?

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Title Update 1.09 will be released in all regions on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at about 10:00 AM PDT.

Title Update 1.09 includes the following:

Changes made to multiplayer character skin system to allow for voices to be included with future skins
Made changes to character game mechanics to prevent players from using exploits
Fixed ability for players to “super throw” the treasure in Plunder matches
Cash awarded per kill in Elimination has been increased to $750 per kill
Enabled the ability for Naughty Dog to easily alter the amount of cash earned for individual Medals on a playlist or gametype basis and per-kill
Thanks to some of the changes above, we’ll be issuing a LiveData update that will rescale Medal cash awards in Objective games ONLY. For matches which fall under the Objective modes, cash for individual and kill-based medals have been decreased in value, while cash for Objective based medals have been increased as follows:

Tip Off – $1,000
Captured – $4,000
That’s Embarrassing – $10,000
Protectorate – $2,000
No Cigar – $2,000
Drop It – $1,000
None Shall Pass – $5,000
Expansionist – $5,000

$10k for That's Embarrassing? Sweet baby Jesus are we going to be making cash so quick. :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What does this mean?

Changes made to multiplayer character skin system to allow for voices to be included with future skins

I don't understand this part.

I think this update is awesome, by the way. It's sounding good so far. Hopefully it all plans out well! :D

Rikyfree

Rewrite said:
What does this mean?

I don't understand this part.

I think this update is awesome, by the way. It's sounding good so far. Hopefully it all plans out well! :D
Skellies get voices perhaps? Bout time if you ask me, people who use skellies are like people who get a free third booster(walk softly). Pretty shitty that they never had voices imo.

Kirous

Neo Member
I really hope that nd patches all the silent skins with voices. Maybe that would stop people from just using the silent skins. I hate when people use the excuse that they only use Ghengis and Marco because they want to show that they have earned the right to use them, when in reality they just use them because it gives the player an advantage over some other skins. Plus it's boring when everybody is using the silent skins.

Now nd should do something to reduce the lag, fix steel fisting and nerf SA and the game would be close to perfect.

Wowbagger

Sounds promising. I look forward to the day choice of skin doesn't determine whether a player can climb up behind me in utter silence.

Jaroof said:

predator_schwarzenegger.jpg

58.jpg

Binabik15

You guys can hate the fake logo all you want, but I think an U3 logo with radar blips as the "3", similiar to the green things on the fake one would be boss.

And it´d be a perfect fit for Uncharted: Atlantis <3

Dries

So can I get the trophy for beating it on crushing just by beating every level on crushing difficulty using my completed save? Or do I really have to make a new game. I want to keep playing with my completed file so that way I can see how many treasures I still need to get.

Those are very good improvements. Seems naughty dog is finally under new management.

Dries said:
So can I get the trophy for beating it on crushing just by beating every level on crushing difficulty using my completed save? Or do I really have to make a new game. I want to keep playing with my completed file so that way I can see how many treasures I still need to get.

Yeah, just use your completed save, but make sue you save the beat
Tree of Life
after you finished everything else on crushing. thats the only way to get the trophy, all others can be finished in random order.

Darkatomz

Title Update 1.09 will be released in all regions on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at about 10:00 AM PDT.

Title Update 1.09 includes the following:

Made changes to character game mechanics to prevent players from using exploits
Fixed ability for players to “super throw” the treasure in Plunder matches
Cash awarded per kill in Elimination has been increased to $750 per kill

Enabled the ability for Naughty Dog to easily alter the amount of cash earned for individual Medals on a playlist or gametype basis and per-kill
Thanks to some of the changes above, we’ll be issuing a LiveData update that will rescale Medal cash awards in Objective games ONLY. For matches which fall under the Objective modes, cash for individual and kill-based medals have been decreased in value, while cash for Objective based medals have been increased as follows:

Tip Off – $1,000
Captured – $4,000
That’s Embarrassing – $10,000
Protectorate – $2,000
No Cigar – $2,000
Drop It – $1,000
None Shall Pass – $5,000
Expansionist – $5,000
The bolded is nice. But I wish the first two points were elaborated more. If I'm interpreting it right, the only thing the first point does is give the ability to add voices for FUTURE skins (kinda pointless?). And for the exploits, I'd like to know which ones, though they're probably just ones that prevent out-of-map stuff.

Levi

Banned
The update they made to the skins is to enable them to push voices through Live-Sync, rather than require a title update. This means that they can both update the voices of the current skins and include voices in future skins such as the ones they created for the World Cup.

Plunder is weird with the other team actively trying to score and no one kill-farming. Winning 5-0 with Deposit equipped is a guaranteed 60K. Kills are worth like $4 and so far it looks like the non-objective medals are worth $25 or $50. Curious how it scales for Tripled, Connect Four, Rampant, etc.

Wish Plunder had been like this when I was working my way to 60. :/

Irish

VsRobot said:
Kills are worth like $4 and so far it looks like the non-objective medals are worth $25 or $50.

Bah, I don't see why they had to make the regular medals worth less in the process. There would have been no reason to kill-farm just based on the Objective medal rewards increasing alone.

Levi

Banned
Irish said:
Bah, I don't see why they had to make the regular medals worth less in the process. There would have been no reason to kill-farm just based on the Objective medal rewards increasing alone.

No, it's easier to camp the treasure, pad your KDR, and kill-farm than it is to pick up the treasure and try to score it. They not only had to make it more appealing to score the treasure, they had to make it less appealing to camp for kills.

It's an objective based mode, kills shouldn't matter.

CozMick

Banned
The Elimination and Plunder cash increases will certainly make me wanna play those gamemodes again.

Elimination, haven't touched since day one and Plunder was always a kill farming playlist so I avoided it like the plague.

Props to ND

Yesterday the game froze on me in Train Wreck (it has happened before, so I don't vote it by default). Had to turn the console off completely, including back switch. When I got back online, I was greeted with the "Hai, you're 40K lighter now" message. I've never disconnected from a match, and in the couple times I've had freezes during matches (in Train Wreck, mostly), I never had the penalization awarded to me.

Now, I'm getting paired with 10s-20s in every match (I'm 54 now). Is this because of the penalty? Am I going to get stuck like this for much more time?

Levi

Banned
SteelAttack said:
Now, I'm getting paired with 10s-20s in every match (I'm 54 now). Is this because of the penalty? Am I going to get stuck like this for much more time?

Nah, the playerbase is currently split between those who have the update, and those who were online when the update when live and are still playing on the old version. You're seeing lower levels because the population count is too low for the game to match you with similar levels.

VsRobot said:
Nah, the playerbase is currently split between those who have the update, and those who were online when the update when live and are still playing on the old version. You're seeing lower levels because the population count is too low for the game to match you with similar levels.
Oh sweet. Thanks for the infos.

Just reached Lv54. Finally getting to use half-loaded and veiled helps me get more money per match without the horrible stress and frustration that invalid causes.

I gotta a question, if I buy an add-on will the people in my party be able to play with me on that add-on if they don't own it? probably been asked and answered before, but thanks.

Wowbagger

SteelAttack said:
Just reached Lv54. Finally getting to use half-loaded and veiled helps me get more money per match without the horrible stress and frustration that invalid causes.

No need for negative boosters after 1.09; just equip Deposit and play Plunder.

Then use the first slot for Evasion, for even less stress and frustration!

gentlemanfinn

Neo Member
woo, pwnd in my first match, was expecting to be slaughtered but ended with 17-7 score.

Even bought some DLC, which didn't work because of f*cking sony and DLC region locks :mad: RAGE

Edit: Does anyone know if I can get my money back, or refunded to the PSN wallet? And how can I buy the UK DLC to use with my version of UC2?

ombz

When you run from the temple after beating Lazarevic is the background supposed to be black? After running for a minute the landscape popped back in but it didn't seem right.

Snipes424

Just started playing again tonight after a fairly long break.

I'm loving the new changes and the DLC map packs are great.

If anyone out there who still plays wants to do some co-op or competitive, hit me up on PSN: Snipes424

iratA

Oh please for the love of all things, can someone please tell me why my Uncharted 2 is stuck syncing live data when I try to connect online. Haven't played this in sometime and I thought I would hop on for a quick game. :(

Majine

Banned
iratA said:
Oh please for the love of all things, can someone please tell me why my Uncharted 2 is stuck syncing live data when I try to connect online. Haven't played this in sometime and I thought I would hop on for a quick game. :(
It kinda does that if you haven't played for awhile. It's not stuck, just alot to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom