• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
huhhjq.jpg

STD communication ?

hwateber

EschatonDX said:
The only way Uncharted!!1111!!!!! would be more fun is allowing me to kill pirates and ninjas AT THE SAME TIME. Here's to that being in the sequel.

Uncharted 2 will feature elephant riding ninjas. I called it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Pug said:
I haven't read all the thread I have been looking at the screens, they look great and I know that downsampling is par for course but other games get picked up on the fact as the post above proves and so should this one.
Alternative approach: don't get involved in bogus tit-for-tat attempts at "balance" in the first place.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Slicer said:
Why are sony fans so vicious?
Im afraid to post anything that might be deemed negative.

You know, God forbid i say uncharted is very overrated here.
I mean the game was fun but its not THAT fun, all you do is shoot the same pirate over and over and over, climb a wall shoot a pirate again....again....swing on a vine....kill pirate game over....:/

Maybe im just not seeing the fun in that.

Replace uncharted with Gears of War, pirate with Locust and climb with hind behind and try posting it in the Gears of War 2-thread. You'll get the same response, if not worse.

DeZimatoR

Banned
NeoUltima said:
Snowy Himalayan mountains. I think Yetis are fair game.

Haha, it'd be awesome to have one show up and make Nathan go 'Crap crap crap crap crap!', it always makes me laugh when he says that in Drake's Fortune. :lol

andycapps

EschatonDX said:
Yeti to yeti platforming? While fighting Ninjas? And Pirates?

DAY ONE.

Yetis = New Llama confirmed!!!!!111111!!!!

Edit: BTW, I think it would be hilarious if Arne can work it out where there is a Llama standing on a side street with a barrel around it, or hidden somewhere. Would be a perfect shoutout to GAF. :lol

SSM25

Slicer said:

You know, God forbid i say GEARS 2 is very overrated here.
I mean the game was fun but its not THAT fun, all you do is shoot the same locust over and over and over, hide behind a wall shoot a locust again....again....ride a vehicle....kill brumack game over....:/

replaced uncharted with Gears 2, pirate with locust etc etc.

Firewire said:
Uncharted 2 looks awesome!

I'm still pissed about Elena though....

It hasn't been confirmed about Elena/Sully to my knowledge and their "mum is the word" type attitude leads me to believe they'll be in there at some point.

carlosp

Banned
Slicer said:

You know, God forbid i say uncharted is very overrated here.
I mean the game was fun but its not THAT fun, all you do is shoot the same pirate over and over and over, climb a wall shoot a pirate again....again....swing on a vine....kill pirate game over....:/

You seem to not see one point about uncharted. Uncharted for this gen is what God of war was for the last gen. It is the best looking game (yes the best looking, Gears does not look that good because of the art style :p ) with very easy game mechanics and a great story. It has everything a good game needs. I played throw uncharted 3 times and it was so charming because the game was so easy to handle and felt so good in my hands. I really felt like having the complete control over my char and there are so little games which gives you this feeling.

God of War was one of those and Resi 4 is another example. A good game is simple to play and takes you deep in the story and tries everything to look good. I wished more developers would try to copy uncharted or one of the other games mentioned.

chandoog said:
STD communication ?

Yeah, in India they're called STD booths. I can't remember why, but it made me laugh every time I went by one. And when I say 'laugh' I mean 'respect the profound epistemological differences that characterise the differing referential fields by which we judge different cultures'. Ahem.

UNCHARTED2!!!!! AY. EFF. Double-you.

J-Rzez

Slicer said:

Why are Sony haters so vigilant in their repeated trolling? See, that question goes both ways, so why bother stating something like that? And you're afraid to post your opinions? You're afraid to get counter-opinioned, funny gifs thrown at you, your avatar posted as a response, by people you don't know and maybe never meet in real life?

CiSTM

Banned
Easily my most anticipated PS3 game of 2009. I hope ND is able to preserve the lighthearted 80's adventure movie-feel in Uncharted 2.

Kildace said:
These screenshots remind me of Broken Sword in flawless 3D, they're so busy and vibrant!

Respect in the flawless! Really, do they have trained dogs to bite their ass every time they do something wrong?

andycapps

bouc_emissaire said:
Official screenshots vs official screenshots :

You win again. Pretty incredible jumps here in all levels. However, the jumps are believable when you consider where they're coming from with Uncharted.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
bouc_emissaire said:
Official screenshots vs official screenshots :
The very last picture, you're comparing his face from the real time cutscene, to a Maya render. You should probably try to find his face from some cutscene from the first game.

jiggle

Lord Error said:
The very last picture, you're comparing his face from the real time cutscene, to a Maya render. You should probably try to find his face from some cutscene from the first game.

it's the exact same character model iirc

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
Lord Error said:

I know and i apologize.
I should clarify that it is a concept art on the right vs a cut scene on the left.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Nathan looks handsomely older, slightly. Like he's had a few more late nights of...adventuring...since the first game.

Lord Error said:

I like that comparison though. The fact that they actually got his face that close to the render is really impressive.

andycapps

arne said:
wow, we unintentionally released a set of screenshots with similar composition. :lol

Helps that this guy is good at picking his shots for comparisons.. that's what he does. He's our resident comparison expert. His one for the 2005 E3 Killzone 2 trailer and the most recent pictures was astounding.... Seeing how they've come close and even surpassed in most areas was pretty mindblowing actually.

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
arne said:
wow, we unintentionally released a set of screenshots with similar composition. :lol

I hope this comparison is not an offense for you guys from Naughty Dog.
I'm a big fan of your job since Crash Bandicoot 1.
Well, you're maybe my favorite studio in the industry. I love the spirit you put in your games and all the talents you have here.

bouc_emissaire said:
I hope this comparison is not an offense for you guys from Naughty Dog.
I'm a big fan of your job since Crash Bandicoot 1.
Well, you're maybe my favorite studio in the industry. I love the spirit you put in your games and all the talents you have here.

Damn Bouc I am so glad your back man. I have missed these posts.

Mifune

Mehmber
Among Thieves looks fantastic of course, but these screenshots hint at a grittier, rougher experience this time around. I already miss the lush greenery!

arne said:
Nah, bouc_emissaire would be able to do this no matter what you released--that's his magic. Have you seen his tag?

I like how the graphics have clearly taken a step up, but not an unreasonable one. Makes me even more certain that what we're seeing is what we'll get (more or less).

Well throw some shoes and call me pig, those shots are amazing.

I love graphics wars.

(I still prefer a solid framerate to ultra spiffy screenshots though)

Top Bottom