• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

arne said:
These are direct feed.

but they also shouldn't be out :'(

Sorry about that man hope it didn't create too much of a cluster fu@#$ with whoever they were
exclusive to.

That said you guys are just incredible. I mean I would love to know how much patting on the
back goes around when the team steps back and just looks at what they have created.

huhhjq.jpg

capture2yo2.jpg

un2b.jpg

Needs to be on every page.

aku08

naughty dog, game looks great! but please give us better puzzles to solve this time. not just 'look at the journal - puzzle solved!' moments. thanks.

KTallguy

Banned
Yes to more puzzles.

I love Uncharted, but Nathan needs more of a... hmm.
Sometimes I wish he had a Whip like Indiana, but he needs some signature weapon or something similar to make him more memorable as a character. I like his wisecracking, but it's still just words. You need something more visual.

Forsete

Arne: ND did a great job with doing the "Making of" videos the last time. But This time I'd like them to be even more in depth. :D

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Am I the only one who isn't amazed by Nathan's modeling?
Looks...just ok

IN other news that town looks amazing... the colors!.

Pd. It appears to be a shop that offers Internet ,Telephone and... STD??
:lol

Dyno

These look fantastic!

I hope Naughty Dog is proud and confident of the first Uncharted because there is not a lot that needs to be changed. The gunplay and character movement was great and there is nothing that needs to be fixed. Gears of War 2 was a better game because they kept what worked and focused on giving us a bigger, better world.

Some more puzzles and platforming is all I hope. Now that Prince of Persia has stepped down from the serious platformer genre I'm hoping Nathan can pick up the slack.

And keep the supernatural because I thought those zombies were totally cool and it took me completely off guard.

KTallguy said:
Yes to more puzzles.

I love Uncharted, but Nathan needs more of a... hmm.
Sometimes I wish he had a Whip like Indiana, but he needs some signature weapon or something similar to make him more memorable as a character. I like his wisecracking, but it's still just words. You need something more visual.

You feel he needs something to compliment the half-tuck?

It seems like a lot of people in this thread forgot how good Drakes fortune looked, this is to be expected. Not too many console games have topped Drakes Fortune visually if any. This is going to be another great installment from ND, I can't wait.

Danielsan

Naughty Gods, putting all other developers to shame since the original Jak and Daxter.
The jump between Jak and Daxter and Jak II was insane and what they managed to pump out of the PS2 with Jak 3 was madness. They have some of the best programmers in the business.

These screens look drool worthy. This christmas I'm going to revisit Uncharted. :D

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Forsete said:
Arne: ND did a great job with doing the "Making of" videos the last time. But This time I'd like them to be even more in depth. :D

and more of Pogo

2py887k.png

I was in tears when Amy called Pogo a bitch in Uncharted Making of video :lol .

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
BULLSHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I want this game allready. Do we have a release date yet? How about a demo... Real soon :)

arne said:
it's more complicated than that. heh.

if it's about some exclusive preview you guys setup with some journalist and got ruined because of the leaks... well then better to give those journalist new level to show then. maybe that new character...:D

jts

...hate me...
Uncharted shooting portions were awesome and the better part of it. I mean, the whole game was (is for me, as i'm playing it right now) awesome, but the platforming parts were really straight forward, a bit over the top too, as Nathan's abilities were too unrealistic.

But all in all, the game's balance between jumping and shooting was pretty much perfect. Don't bitch and moan, bitches.

Now, with the shooting mechanics being so much fun, i really hope for some kind of multiplayer battle mode in U2. Nothing too complicated, just reuse maps from the campaign and throw us there, guns blazin'.

womfalcs3

Banned
mio said:
Uncharted shooting portions were awesome and the better part of it. I mean, the whole game was (is for me, as i'm playing it right now) awesome, but the platforming parts were really straight forward, a bit over the top too, as Nathan's abilities were too unrealistic.

But all in all, the game's balance between jumping and shooting was pretty much perfect. Don't bitch and moan, bitches.

Now, with the shooting mechanics being so much fun, i really hope for some kind of multiplayer battle mode in U2. Nothing too complicated, just reuse maps from the campaign and throw us there, guns blazin'.

I don't really want kill-based gameplay for multiplayer. Like I've thought since Uncharted came out, I want to see more of an online mulitplayer that involves:

1.) Co-op
2.) Treasure hunt. Some objective-based competitive gameplay that compliments the game's adventurous story.

wouwie

They look almost too good to be true. However, seeing what ND managed to do with their first game on next gen, i have faith that it will indeed look exactly like this.

Please, ND, add a couple of hours to the gameplay. 16 or so hours would be ideal. Multiply this with 7 or more times replaying the game and it's going to be worth every penny. And please add a lot of treasure hunting. That was fun.

This is one game where i definately would love to buy a limited edition. And this is one game where i really should try to avoid seeing more media. But it's going to be very hard...

ND seem to have extremely talented programmers but the graphic artists are out of this world aswell. The concept art looks breathtaking.

andycapps

arne said:
it's more complicated than that. heh.

I'm sure it is. I'm sure Game Informer negotiated for that exclusive, and now all of us that didn't pickup GI to see these pictures definitely don't need to now. So yeah, legalities and all suck for you guys and GI. Like I said, at least everyone is blown away by the images. :D

Regarding what someone else said regarding the making of on Uncharted.. I loved it as well, only complaint was that I couldn't skip through them. It was either watch it the whole way through or end it completely. Would be nice to be able to resume where I left off or something. But yeah, good docs on there. Hopefully you guys do the same next time around and don't limit that to a worthless LE that has what previous generations included for free, but now we have to pay an extra $10. ND has been great in fan support in patching in trophies, and with interacting here with their fans, so I would think you guys would do the right thing by the consumer (especially in these economic times).

Sirolf

Wow @ ND and PS3...
The most talentuous coders on console and a console which is simply incredible.
*High fives for Krazy Ken* :lol

jett

D-Member
Been replaying Uncharted...still is so good. Uncharted 2's cast better be as awesome as the first game's. :p

GeoramA

Yeah, Uncharted's getting another playthrough.

I need to do a trophy run. So many of my PSN friends have it platinum'd.

andycapps said:
I'm sure it is. I'm sure Game Informer negotiated for that exclusive, and now all of us that didn't pickup GI to see these pictures definitely don't need to now. So yeah, legalities and all suck for you guys and GI. Like I said, at least everyone is blown away by the images. :D

Regarding what someone else said regarding the making of on Uncharted.. I loved it as well, only complaint was that I couldn't skip through them. It was either watch it the whole way through or end it completely. Would be nice to be able to resume where I left off or something. But yeah, good docs on there. Hopefully you guys do the same next time around and don't limit that to a worthless LE that has what previous generations included for free, but now we have to pay an extra $10. ND has been great in fan support in patching in trophies, and with interacting here with their fans, so I would think you guys would do the right thing by the consumer (especially in these economic times).

Looks like a Dutch mag or site. 'Vorige' means previous in Dutch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Late to the thread but holy mother ...

OH but consoles cant produce anything close to Crysis PC level graphics :lol

Once again.. consoles, in this case the PS3 is producing visually impressive games that rival anything thats currently on any high end pc including Crysis

Maybe next time some of these pc fanboys lurking in gaf will zip their lips next time

Esch

Banned
Anyone else feel like the Depth of Field filter is a little overdone. Cinematic for sure, but some pretty close objects are being dialed out :/

Danielsan

Mr.Potato Head said:
OH but consoles cant produce anything close to Crysis PC level graphics :lol

Once again.. consoles, in this case the PS3 is producing visually impressive games that rival anything thats currently on any high end pc including Crysis

Maybe next time some of these pc fanboys lurking in gaf will zip their lips next time
Ehh Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 look nothing short of amazing but purely from a technical standpoint Crysis is in a league of its own.

Morue

Awesome trailer and awesome screens have made my day. Hype has exploded. Words cannot express how I feel about this game. I give praise to the Naughty Gods...

Top Bottom