• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 world premiere at Spike VGAs

h3ro

OMGOMGOMG UNCHARTED!!222!!!2 >_<

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

Ploid 3.0

Ahem.... (ploid stretches, as he doesn't want to pull a muscle)

11109jk.gif

Edit: I really hope this isn't a banned gif. Please have mercy on my soul.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Scotch said:
Watching that put a smile to my face.

Uncharted is one of the few games that made me feel like a kid again. It may be extremely lineair, and the platforming wasn't very deep, but man did I just love being in that world and seeing those characters. I adore it. In retrospect it's probably my favorite game of 2007 after Orange Box (didn't play it until this year).

gogogow said:
I wouldn't mind stealth gameplay being incorporated into Uncharted 2, only if it's done in MGS style, meaning you can choose how to play 100% action or stealth all the way.

I hate it when they force you to use stealth in some portions of the game, like in Shadow of Rome.

this + OMG

(hope its not all snow... )

BeeDog

Anyway, surprised no one has noticed it, but what's up with the fugly use of the Base 02 font for writing Uncharted 2 in the trailer? :lol Made me lulz

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
For the love of all that is pickled, someone PM Kittonz on PSN. This party isn't complete without his outburst!!!!

Ahhh damn I was being all productive at work until this happened now I cant think of anything else.

Arne you cant by chance tell us when we will be seeing some more media?

RavenFox

Banned
just read the op. looks down...yup, I came

BruceLeeRoy said:
Ahhh damn I was being all productive at work until this happened now I cant think of anything else.

Oh hey Bruce just left a message for you in the Resistance 2 thread. Some of the image links on the first page are broken I think.

RavenFox said:
just read the op. looks down...yup, I came

Oh hey Bruce just left a message for you in the Resistance 2 thread. Some of the image links on the first page are broken I think.

Yeah I just saw that. Server is refreshing thanks for the heads up.

NekoFever

Awesome :D

Stealth gameplay is slightly worrying, but hey, it's Uncharted. As long as it has the exploration that was so awesome from the first one
and no zombies
I'll be more than happy to grab this on day one.

Awntawn

ymmv said:
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
Ratchet & Clank Future 2
Infamous
Gran Turismo 5
God of War
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII (if you're in Japan)
Yakuza 3

(plus the multiplatform stuff like Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter, etc)

Damn ... if any year could be the year of the PS3, 2009 should be it.
The bottom line is that year by year, the line-up only continues to get stronger and stronger.

And all of it is irrelevant in a "console wars" sense due to the fact that the system costs essentially twice as much as any other on the market. Just enjoy the games that other people are missing out ;o

arne

BruceLeeRoy said:

Spike VGA awards and GI when the Jan issue hits. Obviously.

subtlesaysigh said:
Does anyone know when this issue comes out?? Seriously I fucking LOVE some Uncharted.

Whenever Game Informer posts the cover it usually means subscribers will be getting it any day now.

RavenFox

Banned
ymmv said:
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
Ratchet & Clank Future 2
Infamous
Gran Turismo 5
God of War
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII (if you're in Japan)
Yakuza 3

(plus the multiplatform stuff like Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter, etc)

Damn ... if any year could be the year of the PS3, 2009 should be it.

Damn is right. So much love in that fucking list.

skyfinch said:
Drake just blew the biggest load all over my face and I don't even own a PS3.
Yes, yesss all over your face
dreyfus.gif
wooooo

wouwie

And please use the same composer. The music for Uncharted 1 was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't have imagined the game without that music.

Btw. really love the sound of stealth gameplay and free climbing. If ND are smart though (and i bet they are), they should give the player the option to stealth or to go in with guns blazing => replay value garantueed :)

It was f*¨%¨cking great to hear Drake's voice again.

arne said:
Spike VGA awards and GI when the Jan issue hits. Obviously.

I uhhh....well umm..ahh yeah dont judge me.

wouwie said:
And please use the same composer. The music for Uncharted 1 was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't have imagined the game without that music.

Btw. really love the sound of stealth gameplay and free climbing. If ND are smart though (and i bet they are), they should gove the player the option to stealth or to go in with guns blazing => replay value garantueed :)

It was f*¨%¨cking great to hear Drake's voice again.

No kidding its the only game soundtrack outside of Castlevania SOTN that I have purchased.

Nafai1123

Banned
From the Wiki about the Phurba:
The tantric use of the phurba encompasses the curing of disease, exorcism, killing demons, meditation, consecrations (puja), and weather-making. The blade of the phuba is used for the destruction of demonic powers. The top end of the phurba is used by the tantrikas for blessings.

I wonder what the free climbing system will be more like, Assassin's or TR: Underworld? Underworld is much more selective about where the free climbing can take place compared to Assassin's.

Elios83

Tibet and buddhism simbology.... checked.
More focus on exploration ( free climbing, stealth)... checked
Marco Polo checked
Venice!!?!
OMG this could be the next gen Tomb Raider 2 experience I have been dreaming of for so long :D :lol :lol
Can't wait for more details =)

Top Bottom