• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 MP Beta Thread: Cinematic Murder Testing

Ah, I did not know that there was a thread for the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer beta.

Awesome. Looking forward to play with some Gaffers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I love that everyone essentially has access to this now.

MuseManMike said:
Yes, co-op is in. Details in the Game Modes section. There has been no confirmation about a barebones playlist. I'm sure it will be a much requested mode.
That's good to hear. I love Naughty Dog and Uncharted but I just can't do my competitive shooter play with them.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
New blog post.

Arne said:
Uncharted 3 Multiplayer BETA Details!

2011_06_24_U3_Beta_details.jpg

With the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta right around the corner, I’m sure you all want to know exactly what we’re putting into the Beta and what you can expect over the two weeks it is active. A few weeks ago, just before E3, IGN posted a thorough first sneak peek at the details of our upcoming Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta.

Now, we can give you the FULL rundown of the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta for things that weren’t necessarily covered in the IGN reveal. We put together a handy little FAQ below with ALL the details.

When can I start playing?
Tuesday, June 28, for all Infamous 2 and current PlayStation Plus members, who all get early access to the Beta.

If you’re not an owner of Infamous 2 or a current PlayStation Plus member, we’re opening the floodgates to the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta for EVERYONE on Monday, July 4.

What time EXACTLY can I start playing?
We don’t have an exact time for when the Beta will be available for download from the PSN Stores – keep an eye out on the Naughty Dog Twitter and we’ll update as soon as we know it’s gone live.

Is the Beta available in my region/country?
The Beta will be available in all current PSN Store regions, including Korea – except in Japan and the remaining SCE Asia stores.

When does the Beta end?
The Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta will end on Wednesday, July 13.

What gametypes and maps are available?
Throughout the three weeks of the Beta, we’ll be rotating through a variety competitive and co-op gametypes, along with access to three different maps.

June 28 - July 4
  • Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Three Team Deathmatch, Co-op Arena // Airstrip, Chateau

July 4 -July 8
  • Team Deathmatch, Free For All, Team Objective, Co-op Hunter // Airstrip, Chateau

July 9 - July 13
  • Team Deathmatch, Three Team Deathmatch, Co-op Adventure // Airstrip, Yemen

Can I play in Stereoscopic 3D and/or use split-screen?
YES! Yes, you can. But not at the same time.

Can I see my Facebook Friends list?
Yes, all of your Facebook Friends that have linked their Facebook account via their PS3 will appear on the Facebook Friends list in our multiplayer menu - they don't even have to also be your PSN friend! Feel free to send them an invite to play the Uncharted 3 Beta!

Can I upload videos and photos to Facebook or YouTube?
No, that functionality is not available during the Beta.

Will my Beta progress or unlocks carry over to the final game?
No, what happens in the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta stays in the Beta, however we’ve lined up some killer rewards for the retail version of Uncharted 3 if you keep playing in the Beta:

• Download the Uncharted 3 Beta and receive the exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar!
  • Complete 10 matches in every Gametype of Competitive Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1!
  • Complete 5 matches in every Gametype of Co-operative Multiplayer and receive the Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2!
  • Complete 4 Treasure Sets and receive the Treasure Hunter's Starter Pack!
  • Rank up to level 25 in the Beta and receive a handsome reward of in-game cash on day one!

Is there a level cap in the Beta?
Yes, it’s currently set to level 25.

Can I check my Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta stats on NaughtyDog.com?
Stay tuned – we’ve got some cool things in store for NaughtyDog.com real soon.

I like/hate something in the Beta OR I think I found a bug – where do I tell you about this?
Let us know on the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta forum in the NaughtyDog.com Community Forums.

We can’t stress this enough – please, please, PLEASE post in the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta forum with your thoughts, complaints and suggestions! Your forum feedback was critical in finalizing the Uncharted 2 multiplayer modes between Beta and the final retail version. We absolutely want your feedback this time around as well. You will help us make a better multiplayer game.

DEFINITELY see you online!

I really like that ND is adding some incentive into people playing the beta for the entire three weeks.

I wonder how long it'll take to hit level 25.

Killthee

Aeonin said:
Can't wait to see and try out that Yemen map! So fricken' excited!
I'm wondering if he might have meant to say Syria instead of Yemen. Syria was the Co-Op Adventure map in the E3 demo and he didn't post a video for Yemen, but he has one for Syria and the other 2 maps.

BMIT_

Neo Member
"Complete 4 Treasure Sets and receive the Treasure Hunter's Starter Pack!"

What's that supposed to mean?

Aeonin

BMIT_ said:

I'm just thinking that and the decal packs are for character/gun/emblem customization. I assume the starter pack has various items in it.

daffy

Banned
Can I see my Facebook Friends list?
Yes, all of your Facebook Friends that have linked their Facebook account via their PS3 will appear on the Facebook Friends list in our multiplayer menu - they don't even have to also be your PSN friend! Feel free to send them an invite to play the Uncharted 3 Beta!
Fuck yerrr

Those retail rewards scheibe be mine

Killthee

BMIT_ said:

Competitive kills sometimes drop treasures, similar to the treasures found in U2 Co-Op. The multiplayer treasures are unique this time around though just like the single player treasures in U1 and U2. When you collect a matching set you unlock stuff like customization pieces for your character. Looks like the beta has at least 4 treasure sets you can collect and if you do, you get a starter pack for retail (probably a customization kit or a set of retail treasures).

pharmboy044 said:
I wonder how long it'll take to hit level 25.
Someone on the ND forums posted that level 25 is $522,000.

I can get anywhere from 10-20k a match in U2, so that's only 25-50 matches -- that is if the money amounts are the same.

jett

D-Member
Yemen? Who woulda thought.

Disappointed that Plunder is only up for week 1. It's the mode I'm most interesting in testing, as it was moderately destroyed with patch 1.05 in UC2.

I have a feeling, based on some interviews (namely the GTTV co-op reveal), that we're going to see more than just alternate versions of missions from SP in co-op. I'm thinking each "mission" will take place at some other point in Drake's history. Eddy Raja and Drake anyone? Harry Flynn may be there as well when they were pals pre-UC2. Could be pretty cool if true.

jett

D-Member
thegriefer said:
How was it "moderately destroyed"?

The lower health ruined plunder. The moment you touch the treasure you're dead. Plunder is still playable in 3vs3 matches.

I have Plus but it runs out on July 3rd I think. Will I still be able to play the beta after that as long as I've already downloaded it?

Jme

RyanardoDaVinci said:
Someone on the ND forums posted that level 25 is $522,000.

I can get anywhere from 10-20k a match in U2, so that's only 25-50 matches -- that is if the money amounts are the same.

Some of that 10-20k a match is depended upon boosters (negatives for example giving you a boost), and/or gameplay type (shut outs in plunder will obviously net you a lot of cash)

So... do you still average 10-20k a match even if you play standard deathmatch with no boosters equipped?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Those details are sexy. It's nice that they're rotating up the playlists to keep it unique and to guarantee that there's a big enough pool of players to play on each of them. Those unlockables don't sound bad either. I'm definitely going to reach level 25. :)

I do hope they read every suggestion...I can't stress enough how important that is. Also, the PSN outage is definitely helping Naughty Dog since everyone will now have early access to the beta, thus possibly creating new fans and attracting new players.

AngryMoth

U2 is basically my perfect multiplayer in terms of gameplay, so I'm a little apprehensive about some of the changes they're making. Very excited to try it out next week. So glad they added split screen!

Now, when they say split screen. Is that going to be Halo style where my friend and I can play online together from the same console? If so, that's awesome!

Irish

handofg0d said:
Some of that 10-20k a match is depended upon boosters (negatives for example giving you a boost), and/or gameplay type (shut outs in plunder will obviously net you a lot of cash)

So... do you still average 10-20k a match even if you play standard deathmatch with no boosters equipped?

Heh, the total is much higher when using the negative boosters. 10-20k is pretty standard for a regular match.

I'd like to see a GAF-only top of the leaderboard, guys, so we need to play the shit out of this. I remember there being a lot of us in the top ten in the Dead Space 2 beta, so I'm sure we could do it for U3.

handofg0d said:

Yes -- well when I actually try to play -- I haven't used BOH's since hitting level 60. I say "try" because sometimes if I run into players with bad lag or playstyles I say "Fuck it." and dick around the rest of the match by doing a number of things: jumping/pumping in place; follow and see how long it takes them to notice; hiding; or grenading myself over and over. My earnings aren't the norm though, as I am an above-average player.

Rereading my post, I wasn't clear: the 522k number is level 25 in U2 not U3, so they may have changed it.

Inferno313 said:
Now, when they say split screen. Is that going to be Halo style where my friend and I can play online together from the same console? If so, that's awesome!
Yeah, that's exactly it, two PSN profiles at a time.

Wowbagger

I wonder how the beta rewards will transfer over to the retail version.

If I download the beta from the US store, will I get the rewards using a European retail copy? Ie. are the rewards tied to a potentially regionlocked savefile or just my PSN ID? I sure hope it's the latter, cause it will be hell to watch my US friends play while I have to wait until Wednesday afternoon.

The PSN monkey better be quick on the publish button for the PSN store on Tuesday otherwise it's gonna be getting a mess of angry charters coming after it.

iNvid02

keeping an eye on their twitter feed will be easier than constantly opening and closing the store to see if the beta is published lol

psn needs some sort of alert system to let you know when new shit is available
not just yet though sony, add some useless shit we dont need first

rdrr gnr

Lots of new information and corrections. I'm updating the OP as we speak.

Edit: Corrections have been made. Dates have been added. "Other" section is updated. Sorry it took a while.

Top Bottom