• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 Single Player is now free for all NA and SA PSN members [Up: Gone]

hesido

When you are paying for a service that gives you games it doesn't mean the games on there are free guys.

I considered anything after the 6th game absolutely free of charge. Am I doing it wrong?

For my second yearly term, I'll consider anything after the 5th game absolutely free of charge. I'll assume the first year's games as one, as they would be paywalled.

UC3 still has an online pass? They just made all dlc free recently though and it didn't include the pass?

You need to pay $20 to unlock the multiplayer when you get level 15. Then you need to pay an extra $12 to unlock co-op adventure. Then you need to pay an extra $10 to unlock co-op arena.

Or buy Uncharted 3 on retail and get the complete multiplayer. In this case his online pass didn't work so he didn't get any multiplayer. You must redeem an online pass to play uncharted 3 MP from the disc with all the things unlocked.

gorfyako

Banned
They are all separate downloads, you can cancel them separately, via webstore or on the PS3 itself. You don't even need to start all of them at once.

I don't see the options for separate downloads on my PS3. I canceled my download and now I have to download it again from the beginning... Welp, only 480 or so minutes left. Least I'll be home from work when it's done...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Never. There's been "store screw-ups" for free in the past, even before the "PSN hackgate" fiasco. They don't ban for their screw-ups, unlike MS which will do it with impunity.

Thankfully, Sony at least admits they screwed up if they gave out something for free and lets you keep it.

Tenrius

I don't see the options for separate downloads on my PS3. I canceled my download and now I have to download it again from the beginning... Welp, only 480 or so minutes left. Least I'll be home from work when it's done...

Weird, I just checked and it's like on this pic for me, both on the webstore and the PS3 interface itself:

OWNCWvW.png

You have to go to Account → Transaction management → Download list on your PS3 to see all the downloads.

R_Deckard

I still have hopes of UC4 being the big November Release on PS4 2014 to avoid the delay's that are going on.

AND I still think 60fps is an option, all the work on TLOU @ 60 seems mute just for the one game, look at UC1 vs UC2/3 and imagine that leap from a game that is sexy as (Ryse Level) at 60 fps....:-O

This game has been in Dev for 3 years, it was and must be nearly finished and with this and GOW it would stop all the "Sony has no games" drama.

This free run of UC3 must be to stir up excitement for it (or a 1080/60 collection of the Trilogy instead).

Now I remember why I never bothered when they offered it last time. I only had a 128 GB SSD in there. I'm not missing it this time around.

BadWolf

Make sure to go into options and adjust the aiming option guys, shooting feels funky without it.

It was patched in after the game's release iirc.

im_dany

They don't ban for their screw-ups, unlike MS which will do it with impunity.

They only banned after that "Oman Marketplace" thing, which is NOT a screw-up since Oman doesn't even have an official XBL Marketplace.
They didn't ban the people that got legit free games from official Marketplaces. People got Dark Souls for free yesterday and I haven't heard a single XBL user complaining about getting banned

I think this is just a promotion for UC4 though, even if it's too early. E3 release date announcement maybe?

Tenrius

They only banned after that "Oman Marketplace" thing, which is NOT a screw-up since Oman doesn't even have an official XBL Marketplace.
They didn't ban the people that got legit free games from official Marketplaces. People got Dark Souls for free yesterday and I haven't heard a single XBL user complaining about getting banned

I think this is just a promotion for UC4 though, even if it's too early. E3 release date announcement maybe?

Actually, that particular case didn't even have anything to do with Oman marketplace, the guy was banned because he pirated games (which was a separate case). That thread was really embarrassing to read, what with people taking really aggressive stances and all.

K' Dash

I hope they relaunch the games on PS4, I need to play 2 and 3 and don't want to play them on my brother's PS3 :/

ItIsOkBro

Oh. MY. God.

Also available for Canadians lol.

12GB for the experience + 11GB for the cutscenes + 4.7GB for the multiplayer = 27.7GB.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
But I can't get it for free if I have it in my IGC. My least favorite part of PS+. :(

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This is one time I regret having PS+. No way to get this for actual free if it's been already downloaded through PS+, right?

Awesome...you get this for free even without PS+?

Takes me back to the days where you bought a console and got a free game, full fat and no catches/special higher-priced bundles. Good times.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Already dead? I saw it while logged into my PS+ account, but I couldn't claim it since I already had the game for "free". I still wanted to be able to keep it indefinitely, so I logged into another account and now I only get "page not found" errors... And when searching for the game, Uncharted 3 is shown as "disc only". Probably an error they're trying to fix now?

Shin

Banned
Just got it on my US account.
No idea why, I've still got the disc version.

EDIT:

So now I have Uncharted 3 on

PAL Disc version
EU PS+ version
US version

Might buy it on the Japanese store to complete my collection.

Lol, it's a great game though :p

I managed to get this free a while back on my UK account, bought the single player on plus, had my subscription elapse, resubscribed and for whatever reason, it needed to be purchased again. Then when my plus elapsed a second time, the single player was still purchased on my account.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Awesome...you get this for free even without PS+?

Takes me back to the days where you bought a console and got a free game, full fat and no catches/special higher-priced bundles. Good times.
Remember when they included two controllers as well instead of one?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
You need to pay $20 to unlock the multiplayer when you get level 15. Then you need to pay an extra $12 to unlock co-op adventure. Then you need to pay an extra $10 to unlock co-op arena.

Or buy Uncharted 3 on retail and get the complete multiplayer. In this case his online pass didn't work so he didn't get any multiplayer. You must redeem an online pass to play uncharted 3 MP from the disc with all the things unlocked.

Ah.

On topic: Tried to redeem on alt PSN that I used to use on my PSP once I found my password. Looks like it's been taken down RIP

I get "Page not found. It's not your fault, it's the internet." and nothing on the PS3 store. Oh well still got my Disc version

Guri

I want to tell this to a friend, since I don't live in the US. Can someone please confirm if it was already removed?

Top Bottom