• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's |Reviews Thread| Nateness Awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento

I mean, it's quite obviously a satirical review. I understand the issue at hand is that it's being included on metacrtic but I don't see the point in being outraged at particluar quotes in the review when it's clearly been written as an (admittedly poor) attempt at humour.

Which makes Metacritic's acceptance of it even more stupid.

firelogic

If you read the comments section for the Washington Post review, a staffer by the name of Gene Park says, "I've never disagreed more with a piece of content on our website as I have with this. haha" and goes on to praise the game. Just cool that a staff member would post a completely opposite view :)

I mean, it's quite obviously a satirical review. I understand the issue at hand is that it's being included on metacrtic but I don't see the point in being outraged at particluar quotes in the review when it's clearly been written as an (admittedly poor) attempt at humour.

The review is irrelevant, I worked at a video game website once and we had to work really hard for two years to enter and fulfill the Metacritic requirements... but then this kind of things happens and you feel like an idiot for making the effort.

Edit: Funny thing was that the website closed just when we got confirmation that we were approved to be on Metacritic... the irony.

Introvese

Banned
all jokes aside we as gamers should be upset when a mainstream publication shit on something our community hold in high regards. It kind of make us look like a joke imo when it comes to our taste in what is great.

He's entitled to his opinion.

You're also entitled to think his opinion is worthless and to ignore him in the future.

Y'all should have been doing that anyways after his nonsense Mario Maker review.

This thread...

Mx6kj.gif

I could outsmart that baby.

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
Which makes Metacritic's acceptance of it even more stupid.

Oh yeah, I deinitely agree with that, but I think that's more of an issue with metacritic than the review itself. I mean, if it's even in the humour section of the site it was posted on, surely it wasn't meant to be taken seriously at all?

The review is irrelevant, I worked at a video game website once and we had to work really hard for two years to enter and fulfill the Metacritic requirements... but then this kind of things happens and you feel like an idiot for making the effort.

Edit: Funny thing was that the website closed just when we got confirmation that we were approved to be on Metacritic... the irony.

Absolutely, the fact that it's included on metacritic is quite frankly complete lunacy.

aravuus

all jokes aside we as gamers should be upset when a mainstream publication shit on something our community hold in high regards. It kind of make us look like a joke imo when it comes to our taste in what is great.

I can't tell if this is a joke post. Especially with that bolded opening.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
The last 400 posts is just people melting down about the Washington Post Comic Riffs section and whether or not the Metacritic average ends up a point lower than what it was before. This combined with the dozen or so bans we already meted out earlier in the thread makes it clear we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom