• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

I know, how dare an unfinished game not run perfectly. What an embarrassment for Sony!

Well, I can only assume the purpose of the demo that opens the show be to blow people away, and a choppy sequence of Drake doing what Drake always does and clipping through the ocean when he dies doesn't do that for me.

Like I said, if you told me this was a remaster of one of the last-gen ones, I would believe you. Gameplay and graphics. This is not in any way the leap that I think many of us were expecting from the E3 teaser.

LQX

Watching the demo it seems like the same old Uncharted...nothing wrong with that but figured they would do more than show so much shooting.

nOoblet16

And yeah, not only not 60fps, but choppy framerate. And a relatively boring sequence to boot.

Probably not the best way to blow out the beginning of the presentation.

Uh how were you able to determine it isn't 60fps? Is there a 60fps stream that you are watching? If not then there is no way you could tell.

Looks great. Not unbelievable though like the E3 trailer. But that was to be expected, considering it ran in a highly polished and controlled environment.

neobiz

Maybe because past Uncharted games looked so impressive, this Uncharted 4 on PS4 looks just ok?

Looks pretty impressive to me. The stream is crap but all the little things seem to be there. Dust from bullets hitting the rocks, dude hit a tree and it moved as he was falling through it.

Sliver

Looks like the same old game which is honestly disappointing after The Last of Us. I can only shoot so many dudes in the jungle.

braves01

Banned
Nathan Drake appears to be able to kill in more ways than ever before. Multi will probably be awesome on stages like this tho.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looking good but not as good as I'd hoped.

The environment does seem pretty large, though. I'm curious just how open it might be.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Huh, because no game on 720p and 30fps ever impressed right?

Not for a while, no. Definitely not with this piss poor video quality.

Having trouble with the stream but the screens look fine to me. Can't wait to go on another adventure with these characters.

Looks great to 99% of everyone else thats not gaf. You cant find not one game post here where several people aren't being gaming snobs. It really brings the entire forum down, to always in every thread someone being negative.

kinggroin

Banned
In the wake of Assassin's Creed, the visuals aren't doing it for me. The stream quality ain't great, but there's stuff you can tell isn't that impressive.

I don't know, its 60fps so that's a nice plus for responsiveness anyway.

dmr87

Vkjb.png

Ukjb.png

braves01

Banned
I hope this isn't all on the same island, unless there are some pretty distinct areas. I'd like some locale variety.

Top Bottom