• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I thought the environments looked nice, but as soon as they started shooting my interest kind of dropped. I was secretly hoping to see some kind of crazy thing happening, like facing off against dinosaurs instead of people, would've made the battles more interesting to me. lol

Uncharted 4:

unchar1oyco2.gif

IAde3fD.gif

s4PIJk8.gif

EAvHAs9.gif

kqPdA70.gif

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Basically this demo just blew away everything seen on next gen so far.

The graphics (this is 60fps??!!) animation and sound are a huge step ahead.

Animation in particular is a huge step ahead of anything I've seen. The team should pat themselves on the back on this alone.

Can't wait for it.

Good god at that demo, much more complex level design, even better mix of combat and stealth, tighter...everything, the same lighthearted humor. It's everything you could want. I like the art design being similar to UC1 as well.

Really liked what I saw of the gameplay. Bigger areas, smarter AI, meatier sounding pistols, more stealth options, cool grappling hook stuff. At 60fps!

Visually well...I'm gonna wait for Gamersyde direct upload before I judge anything, but uh...yeah...

we need the gif of Drake jumping, roping, air takedown the dude and grabing his rifle mid air and turning his back and shooting his buddy

There's my system seller (Uncharted was mine for the PS3).

Level looked great and I loved the variety of new items to use, such as the wall spike being used for climbing and the rope. The combat in the jungle looked looked like so much fun (aside from the glitch of the player falling through the level lol).

Can't wait to play this!

kadotsu

Banned
I like the new gameplay features. Grapling hook, last known position, better stealth and finally jumping while fighting.

Just to let you know about the falling part... It's still in development. The kill floor is usually set later and the default is usually incredibly far down so you don't mess with gameplay or physic bodies.

It wasnt a "glitch" it was just the default killfloor volume.

Denton

Dont wanna be debbie downer, but...I honestly hoped for and expected more. Gameplay identical to previous games, graphics is very nice, but after Ryse, Metro, ACU etc it just doesnt impress. I want Last of Us 2 more than this.

I will still get it though, just like I got previous three. I just hope if it is identical to previous games, then at least please be closer to U2 and not that shitty U3.

NHale

Using a still from a low quality stream to prove your point is really going to bite you in the ass when we get direct feed of this later

Considering it's coming from the same person that yesterday accused Konami of being racist because PES 2015 is 720p on Xbox One, this kind of post is expected don't you think?

ShutterMunster

That demo started slow but was fucking amazing. Big enhancements to the stealth and traversal elements of Uncharted. The map was far more open granting you multiple ways to go about dispensing with enemies. I imagine you could have got around that level without killing people at all. IT WAS ALSO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.

Mman235

LMAO that death, but it's really nice to see the developers having the confidence to play the games live rather than relying on scripted runs.

I was hoping for more changes to the platforming than just TR2013's climbing axe and a grapple, but the combat area looked like it was along the lines of Uncharted 2/the best parts of 3, with lots of approaches and room to use the platforming and stealth mechanics organically, so that's an encouraging sign they're going the right way.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The video/demo did nothing for me, it's the same old structure and formula as all the other Uncharted games without anything new or interesting for the gameplay.and the graphics didn't looked that good(water effect were really bad) and weird animations all over the place. so yeah did not liked what I saw.

KalBalboa

Banned
Looks like they made a lot of cool improvements. The swinging mechanic, the knife for climbing, and some of the melee changes.

Color me impressed!

Top Bottom