• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

Genio88

Are you sure that's the PS4 version...
1417890273-x4.jpg

SkylineRKR

I'm not sure what else they could of done, the series is an action adventure 3rd person shooter.

Different lead. Like Francis Drake. Though that would be too risky i'd imagine. A true world exploration element, though that could be in it (but I doubt it).

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Looks so amazing, that foliage and texture work is impeccable. I can't wait until we get an uncompressed video.

Empty

level design seems terrific, great use of openness and verticality. plays to uncharted's strengths and identity, with the speed of drake's traversal and breezy blockbuster mechanics, while making it way more interesting. tells me a lot more than spoiling a big spectacle driven moment (though i know they'll spoil this at e3 next year).

dreamfall

Good god, that was so rad! Those environmental context melee skills were incredible. And the stealth progression was awesome- dat foliage!

Valnen

You can tell the IQ from a Twitch stream? Or is someone broadcasting it without compression?

To be fair, I'm hard pressed to point out flaws outside of a specific couple of parts. I saw some aliasing near the beginning and a rather jaggy looking shadow on the skeleton with the sword sticking out of it. These are relatively minor complaints though, the game looks better than anything that runs on my PC, especially if it runs at 60 FPS.

PnCIa

Looking very good. Remember its a 60FPS title, that always comes with benefits and some cutbacks. The only thing i care about now is that this is 1080p/60. If it delivers this...fuck awesome.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Looks like crap for a game that relies on graphics. Gameplay shots looks like it has Vaseline all over it.

Amazing gameplay footage.

I love the new stealth mechanics and I think that the small refinements will make this new installment a fresh one for uncharted fans.

Famassu

That gun fight's level and overall design and execution looked awesome. So multilayered, the AI seemed quite good for the most part and there seemed to be so many ways of tackling the situation. Nice new additions to traversal as well.

Definitely a huge level below that teaser trailer in terms of graphics. everything is pretty cutback. its not the best looking ps4 title, or even close to it. impressive if its indeed 60 fps tho.

Kyari

The accidental death was actually pretty neat, definitely made it feel like a real game instead of a scripted demo or prerendered thing.

Tagyhag

Looks great! Not as mindblowing as some people here hype it to be, but they still have a while until release, and even if they hit that IQ with locked 60 I'll be highly impressed.

I'm actually happy it glitched. It's still in development. That proved to me that it's live, it's real. If anything, the devs will work super hard to iron out problems, now. Looking good, Naughty Dog. If not the same ol' Uncharted as always!

SkylineRKR

That gun fight's level and overall design and execution looked awesome. So multilayered, the AI seemed quite good for the most part and there seemed to be so many ways of tackling the situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing like it makes it into the full game. Like TLoU that looked considerably more versatile in the reveal.

hohoXD123

Well, I can only assume the purpose of the demo that opens the show be to blow people away, and a choppy sequence of Drake doing what Drake always does and clipping through the ocean when he dies doesn't do that for me.

Like I said, if you told me this was a remaster of one of the last-gen ones, I would believe you. Gameplay and graphics. This is not in any way the leap that I think many of us were expecting from the E3 teaser.

Oh come on now. It's like we were looking at two different games. The character models, foliage and draw distance were insane.

Top Bottom