• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 multiplayer detailed

GnawtyDog

Banned
Hmm I'm getting a full SP experience and multiplayer. With free maps and modes mapped out. You're right it is brilliant.

You're getting less for your dollar. ND set the standard themselves. Compared to rip offs like Battlefront sure...it's brilliant.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Overall package (as of 2017) does not seem less for my dollar.

Relative to what?

Because if it's relative to Uncharted 2 and 3, there is no way to spin it = You're getting less up front. If you stick long enough with Uncharted 4 then you could say that by Autumn, U4 reached parity (that's, if you stick long enough - majority of players will not). Then you come around and ask yourself, well what about all of that additional DLC released for Uncharted 3 and 2 in similar timelines... guess you could make an exception with U4 SP DLC to make up for that and call it square by Autumn.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Relative to what?

Because if it's relative to Uncharted 2 and 3, there is no way to spin it = You're getting less up front. If you stick long enough with Uncharted 4 then you could say that by Autumn, U4 reached parity. Then you come around and ask yourself, well what about all of that additional DLC released for Uncharted 3 and 2 in similar timelines... guess you could make an exception for SP DLC to make up for that and call it square by Autumn.
Relative to what I deem worth my dollars. We have by all accounts a longer single player than all the other Uncharted games and on top of that we are getting multiplayer, albeit not complete but they will be fleshing it out over the next year for free. Sounds like they will keep me involved in the game for months to come and not nickle and dime the MP experience.

bitbydeath

UC4 version
Fetch - Second Son
Cole - Infamous
Echo - Killzone Shadowfall
Specter - Socom
Forty-Five - Socom 4
Gabe Logan - Syphon Filter
Nathan Hale - Resistance
Generic infantry - Warhawk
Hunter - Bloodborne
Elle - Last of Us
Joel - Last of Us

They should all get unique mysticals.

Ratchet + Clank backpack with Mr Zurkon mystical

Relative to what?

Because if it's relative to Uncharted 2 and 3, there is no way to spin it = You're getting less up front. If you stick long enough with Uncharted 4 then you could say that by Autumn, U4 reached parity (that's, if you stick long enough - majority of players will not). Then you come around and ask yourself, well what about all of that additional DLC released for Uncharted 3 and 2 in similar timelines... guess you could make an exception with U4 SP DLC to make up for that and call it square by Autumn.

The MP is definitely sparse in terms of playlist compared to UC2 or 3 but I think they made up for it by providing post launch DLC for free and a meatier SP game. So in the long run, by fall 2017, you'll have had a beefier game with free stuff. Plus, imo the quality of the MP is much better than the crap in UC3.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Relative to what I deem worth my dollars. We have by all accounts a longer single player than all the other Uncharted games and on top of that we are getting multiplayer, albeit not complete but they will be fleshing it out over the next year for free. Sounds like they will keep me involved in the game for months to come and not nickle and dime the MP experience.

Ohh for sure....I'm a ND sucka and I'll buy it. In its current form relative to the rip offs going around this gen, it's a good package. I am just blowing off steam cause CO-OP to me is as big as normal MP - the 4-5 month wait is a tough pill to swallow - not to mention the other MP modes missing. As for the SP campaign...all that matters is whether it's great or not. Could be 4 hours longer than U2 or TLOU, but if it ain't great...meh. Seems to be around the same ballpark which is good and the impressions are great so far. With regards to SP - it's what I've come to expect...greatness. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mikey Jr.

Knew it.

A thief's betrayal...

Autumn can literally fuck off.

but but..."pre-order bonus"

The only positive spin out this rollout is that it's coming for free, along with other modes. Of course, the content at launch pales, literally pales in comparison to previous Uncharted games.... the half claims are not hyperbole.

Vote with your wallet.

If you don't like it, don't buy the game.

Problem solved.

Regarding past UCs having more content:

This is ND's first real PS4 game. You cant expect them to match all the content of past games

UC2 was so feature full because ND already had a base with UC1.

Not sure why people are thinking that they are purposely withholding content. I assume the content is being worked on as it comes out.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Vote with your wallet.

Problem solved.

I voted with Battlefront and other games. ND's got me by the balls here tho...would be no different than buying TLOU for that matter (of which I'll argue has a better MP, despite its piss-poor mode selection). It's no sin to recognize you're getting less than before, and blow off steam...instead of well, cheering the fact, or looking the other way as if it didn't happen. You still buy it because it's the best in one particular regard, but you're no fool.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So the triple pack isn't really worth it then? I guess you still need to buy it for the singleplayer addon, but with the MP content being available to everyone it doesn't really seem worth £20 (I totally agree with their decision to make everything available to all, though).

UC4 version
Fetch - Second Son
Cole - Infamous
Echo - Killzone Shadowfall
Specter - Socom
Forty-Five - Socom 4
Gabe Logan - Syphon Filter
Nathan Hale - Resistance
Generic infantry - Warhawk
Hunter - Bloodborne
Elle - Last of Us
Joel - Last of Us
Should replace Ellie (because she's too small) with a Clicker

VanWinkle

Vote with your wallet.

Problem solved.

I hate this line of thought. First of all, me or him or someone else isn't naive enough to think that our not buying it would change anything. Second, it discourages any kind of critical thought. "Don't like this thing about the game you otherwise are incredibly excited for? Don't buy it. Problem solved. Don't complain" It's laughable.

Vibranium

Banned
Wow, seems like ND read the GAF thread about TLOU microtransactions.

I'm mainly a single player guy though, so the multiplayer content won't affect me too much.

bitbydeath

Umm, what??

Vs AI (Terrorist hunt)
Vs other players (Multiplayer)
Tutorial (Situations)

Deathmatch: (Hostage, Secure Area, Bomb)

Still a great game which I'll keep playing til UC4 multiplayer arrives but it really is just all about deathmatch.

make it adult Ellie, problem solved and will sell like crazy

They won't include adult Ellie for a number of reasons. It would make people think TLoU2 was confirmed as well as making them think that adult Ellie is the lead. Plus if adult Ellie is the lead, I think they'd want the debut trailer to be the first time that we saw her as an adult.

bitbydeath

Don't they just normalize all the model heights in MP anyhoo?

bf3-neck-640x360.jpg

bombshell

So the triple pack isn't really worth it then? I guess you still need to buy it for the singleplayer addon, but with the MP content being available to everyone it doesn't really seem worth £20 (I totally agree with their decision to make everything available to all, though).

Where is the triple pack £20?

The Digital Deluxe edition is €14.99 more than standard edition. It was obvious that the triple pack was mainly for the SP DLC with that price.

Of course whether it's worth it depends on what the SP DLC will release for, but I can't see it being less than €14.99. Left Behind launched for €14.99. So a repeat of that SP DLC price means that you get the MP items as a bonus.

sucks that it's been in dev so long and they can't have features that U2 and U3 had at launch

This campaign is apparently much larger in scope than any the trilogy though. Not sure if they have a separate team dedicated to MP. If it is matter of what they had time to get done and hit this release date then it was the right decision. I sure as Hell would not want to wait until Fall for a few more multiplayer modes to be added.

This campaign is apparently much larger in scope than any the trilogy though. Not sure if they have a separate team dedicated to MP. If it is matter of what they had time get done in time to this release date then it was the right decision. I sure as Hell would not want to wait until Fall for a few more multiplayer modes to be added.

And also a great way to keep the community alive since new contents are going to be added after launch.

driver116

Pay full price for the game, get additional features and modes that should have been in the game in the first place months later.

Love this new trend.

It's brilliant.

I don't see the problem.
It's not like the game is copy paste of UC2/3's template - they're clearly providing a much meatier single player with more open levels. And the multiplayer component is there at launch.
Your point would be valid if this was just a re-skinned uncharted 3, but suffice to say, it's not.

This campaign is apparently much larger in scope than any the trilogy though. Not sure if they have a separate team dedicated to MP. If it is matter of what they had time get done in time to this release date then it was the right decision. I sure as Hell would not want to wait until Fall for a few more multiplayer modes to be added.

It is a separate team by the way SP devs talk about MP, but afaik, MP team doesn't get anywhere close to the resources SP team has. Eg. all the assets they use to make MP maps can are repurposed SP assets.

driver116

It is a separate team by the way SP devs talk about MP, but afaik, MP team doesn't get anywhere close to the resources SP team has. Eg. all the assets they use to make MP maps can are repurposed SP assets.

Ah, reminds me of the Goldeneye method - where one guy crafts the multiplayer component single handedly.

Umar96

Neo Member
Can´t wait for Co-op aswell!

How is coop in Uncharted? Never played it.

I personally liked how they approached it in Uncharted 3. Somp Party banter, different scenerios like starting a chapter where your hands are tied and you have no gun, so you struggle free and beat the patrol guy to get a gun. There were bosses too in the last chapter, although more in the form of very strong mob. The chapter areas were mostly reused locations from Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 but for an extra mode, this was well done despite there not being much to it.

Also there were rewards too like treasures for unlocking customizations and a prestige like star besides your name for completing co-op in Crushing.

Santar

Trials sounds good for people like me who enjoy playing against bots.
I just hope it works without ps plus!

Business

Sorry if that has been answered before but do we know if the co-op mode will be split screen, online or both?

Top Bottom