• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 multiplayer detailed

What was TLoU's tickrate like? Felt pretty good but there were moments when it was a bit dodge.

Slower-paced than this, anyway.
All ND games until TLOU have 15 Hz tickrate.

15 Hz = too slow (especially for 60fps games) = your past avatar (see the pic) is still behind the wall = bullets have a tendency to follow you behind walls like homing missiles

Why is it weird? So far I hope only vanity items are what cost real dollars.

I think they have a slot machine mechanic. You can probably buy ND points to buy like these treasure boxes that randomly give you a variety of items

Since everything is free, what they really mean is that new mysticals, weapons, skins, taunts, clothes, boosters will be winnable through this system

To earn credit for the Treasure Box lottery, you play games or do challenges. But you can also probably buy more credits to unlock the treasure boxes

The thing is, Call of Duty locked weapons ONLY behind this lotto system. Most other games let you flat out buy it or purchase it through a secondary currency that you earn in-game. ND will likely let you buy it too, unless they want to follow in Acti's "unique" footsteps

Revven

I think they have a slot machine mechanic. You can probably buy ND points to buy like these treasure boxes that randomly give you a variety of items

Since everything is free, what they really mean is that new mysticals, weapons, skins, taunts, clothes, boosters will be winnable through this system

To earn credit for the Treasure Box lottery, you play games or do challenges. But you can also probably buy more credits to unlock the treasure boxes

The thing is, Call of Duty locked weapons ONLY behind this lotto system. Most other games let you flat out buy it or purchase it through a secondary currency that you earn in-game. ND will likely let you buy it too, unless they want to follow in Acti's "unique" footsteps

Well, er, we saw how it works already in the betas. Relics are the "in-game currency" to get vanity items for free. You use the relics to open a chest (it was about 50 relics?) and it gives you a random vanity item. You can find relics in matches or get them by completing the daily challenges (like get 10 kills with a certain weapon, win three deathmatches, etc etc).

If you have Naughty Dog Points (the actual money-bought currency) you can just choose what you want to unlock. There's no randomness. In the beta they gave everyone 150 ND points and you could buy about 1-2 things with it.

Don't see why they would suddenly change that system when it was the same in the last public beta.

Vanity items were only hats, taunts, and character skins (i.e Heist Flynn).

Weapons, Gear (stuff like the mine and grenade), mysticals, and boosters were only level-locked. Once you reached a certain level you would unlock those particular things for use.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Mysticals, weapons and boosters were not purchased during the beta, only vanity items such as skins, taunts and "hats."

And again, I am not seeing why this is weird if you are able to earn all of these just from playing the game as well.

Well, er, we saw how it works already in the betas. Relics are the "in-game" currency to get vanity items for free. You use the relics to open a chest (it was about 50 relics?) and it gives you a random vanity item.

If you have Naughty Dog Points (the actual money-bought currency) you can just choose what you want to unlock. There's no randomness. In the beta they gave everyone 150 ND points and you could buy about 1-2 things with it.

Don't see why they would suddenly change that system when it was the same in the last public beta.

This guy explains it better than I.

No. Well, the co-op would definitely benefit more from being at launch and having a bunch of players. But I would have expected a really full-featured MP at launch, and then be ecstatic to learn of free continued support! Instead we're getting basically a half-featured MP at best, along with free continued support.

I have a feel, since the game got pushed back two times, that they just didn't have the time to get everything out in time without pushing the game back again. At some point they probably had to prioritize and make sure they delivered on the sp first. I understand why people can be disappointed though.

And do a new version of
6275541735_d82353779d.jpg

my God Sony has some boring ass dudes for heroes

who would pay money for this crew of flunkies lol

I had a feeling that co-op would be dlc.

And everything I saw and read had me making fire engine and train noises all around the house.

Edit: Can't wait to get some mp matches in with gaf!

UC4 version
Fetch - Second Son
Cole - Infamous
Echo - Killzone Shadowfall
Specter - Socom
Forty-Five - Socom 4
Gabe Logan - Syphon Filter
Nathan Hale - Resistance
Generic infantry - Warhawk
Hunter - Bloodborne
Elle - Last of Us
Joel - Last of Us

Ferny

Just curious... would people be willing to endure a 4th delay until late 2017, just for the sake of getting a "full" product?

Heck no. I am coming to Uncharted for the SP stuff. Any of the multi is a bonus for me. I may hardly even touch it. For those that love it, yes it does suck that some of this stuff isn't there.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I do remember seeing that at the time and feeling a little embarrassed. I guess it's just what "fit" best and was out around that time. Those were Uncharted 2 skins which, along with Killzone 2 and inFamous, was a 2009 title. Resistance 2 was late 2008.

VanWinkle

I dont think map remakes are reasonable to expect. These maps are made for a much different UC MP. I also think people would have really been complaining about old maps for a new game and seen it as lazy work (if it was a part of the launch maps)

Also, old maps would take up significant time and resources

The only real thing we're lacking is Team Objective, but I think it's the most likely mode to come back.

I also think classic mode would be too redundant if it was just stripped down UC4. It would be easy to do, but very lazy. Im hoping they can work out something better than UC3 classic

Im hoping co-op is worth the wait.

The only "real thing" we're lacking is Team Objective? So all of the other good stuff that were in UC2 and/or UC3 but missing here aren't real complaints?

No. The only thing YOU'RE missing is Team Objective. But you don't speak for everyone.

UC2 and UC4 MP were very full-featured. This isn't. I'm really disappointed and believe I am reasonable in that. Just because you don't miss a lot of the stuff the others had doesn't mean they aren't worthy of being missed.

Rembrandt

Banned
command mode sounds fun. fucking yes at their dlc plans. this is how it should always be. tbh, i wouldn't even care if they charged for some vanity items if everything else was free. more devs need to start doing this. fragmenting the population thanks to maps is fucking stupid.

UC4 version
Fetch - Second Son
Cole - Infamous
Specter - Socom
Forty-Five - Socom 4
Nathan Hale - Resistance
Hunter - Bloodborne
Elle - Last of Us
Joel - Last of Us

They should put Infamous SS guy in it and get Troy to record a few new lines
Then double down on double casting and put David from TLOU in there.
A Hunter from Bloodborne is a good pick.
Keep Killzone guy because he is a nice design.
Maybe put Harizon girl in as well for marketing reasons plus to have a women

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
command mode sounds fun. fucking yes at their dlc plans. this is how it should always be. tbh, i wouldn't even care if they charged for some vanity items if everything else was free. more devs need to start doing this. fragmenting the population thanks to maps is fucking stupid.

Agreed!

Rembrandt

Banned
UC4 version
Fetch - Second Son
Cole - Infamous
Specter - Socom
Forty-Five - Socom 4
Nathan Hale - Resistance
Hunter - Bloodborne
Elle - Last of Us
Joel - Last of Us

only if we can get a new syphon filter this gen.

Well, er, we saw how it works already in the betas. Relics are the "in-game currency" to get vanity items for free. You use the relics to open a chest (it was about 50 relics?) and it gives you a random vanity item. You can find relics in matches or get them by completing the daily challenges (like get 10 kills with a certain weapon, win three deathmatches, etc etc).

Vanity items were only hats, taunts, and character skins (i.e Heist Flynn).

Weapons, Gear (stuff like the mine and grenade), mysticals, and boosters were only level-locked. Once you reached a certain level you would unlock those particular things for use.

Thanks, good to know!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
That looks like quite a lot of content. Glad they've wised up regarding equipment and maps being free.

In like Flynn.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Knew it.

A thief's betrayal...

Autumn can literally fuck off.

but but..."pre-order bonus"

The only positive spin out this rollout is that it's coming for free, along with other modes. Of course, the content at launch pales, literally pales in comparison to previous Uncharted games.... the half claims are not hyperbole.

Shin-Ra

They should put Infamous SS guy in it and get Troy to record a few new lines
Then double down on double casting and put David from TLOU in there.
A Hunter from Bloodborne is a good pick.
Keep Killzone guy because he is a nice design.
Maybe put Harizon girl in as well for marketing reasons plus to have a women
David needs his "Much obliged!" line from TLoU.

Dave_6

Well I guess by the time the game actually releases for the rest of us, tons of people will be ranked up quite a bit in MP :/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know I don't really post much in any Uncharted threads but I managed to pick up and finish Uncharted Collection and I enjoyed every minutes of it. UC4 Beta really got me hyped for the game so here I am. I'm totally happy with what I'm hearing about the game.

I want to know what multiplayer modes that didn't make their appearances in UC4? I'm just curious to see what is missing from previous games.

SSReborn

I know I don't really post much in any Uncharted threads but I managed to pick up and finish Uncharted Collection and I enjoyed every minutes of it. UC4 Beta really got me hyped for the game so here I am. I'm totally happy with what I'm hearing about the game.

I want to know what multiplayer modes that didn't make their appearances in UC4? I'm just curious to see what is missing from previous games.
Free for all, Elimination, 3 Team Deathmatch(2 v 2 v 2) Team Objective mix of game tasks that change during the mode ala Killzone warzone. It includes turf war, multi marked man, King of the hill, chain reaction and treasure hunter. Co-op arena, co-op adventure (which is coming later I guess).

VanWinkle

Free for all, Elimination, 3 Team Deathmatch(2 v 2 v 2) Team Objective mix of game tasks that change during the mode ala Killzone warzone. It includes turf war, multi marked man King of the hill chain reaction and treasure hunter. Co-op arena, co-op adventure (which is coming later I guess).

Man, seeing it all listed out makes it all the more insane.

Today has just crushed my hyped for UC4 MP.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Free for all, Elimination, 3 Team Deathmatch(2 v 2 v 2) Team Objective mix of game tasks that change during the mode ala Killzone warzone. It includes turf war, multi marked man King of the hill chain reaction and treasure hunter. Co-op arena, co-op adventure (which is coming later I guess).

Man, those modes sound fun. I definitely would like to see most of them coming back. Did they said anything about adding those old modes back?

VanWinkle

Man, those modes sound fun. I definitely would like to see most of them coming back. Did they said anything about adding those old modes back?

There is one "new game mode" listed on that picture with upcoming support. So we will hope there are much more than that, but that's all we know for now.

Top Bottom