• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer revealed

hesido

I could just stare at shooting and reloading in this game all day. Never thought Uncharted would hit KZ2 and Max Payne 3 level of gun animation and feedback.

I agree the aiming camera angle and position is looking spectacular here.

I'm also digging the minimalistic approach of the OP when making this thread.

jwk94

No mention of a cover button. Could be him forgetting or perhaps they removed it like TLOU, which in early demos did have a cover button.

Didn't even realize that. I hope they include a cover button. While the soft cover in TLOU was nice, this isn't TLOU. Certain things should stay in that game and certain things should stay in this game.

Didn't even realize that. I hope they include a cover button. While the soft cover in TLOU was nice, this isn't TLOU. Certain things should stay in that game and certain things should stay in this game.

id be okay with a soft cover if it works really well. i havent seen a shooting heavy game really nail it (and some non-shooting heavy games, MGS5 and asscreed syndicate)

TarNaru33

Banned
Portrait Video....WHY?????

You can see that this guy had some trouble with the mud platform too.

Sure, i agree. Was just making a joke....

This was painful to watch man, I don't even suggest anyone to bother with it. I got annoyed after several minutes of watching lol.

- He is pretty bad
- He jumps around a lot for no real reason.

zsynqx

My god that guy in the video was bad :L Pretty painful to watch.

LMAO why is he jumping so much!

Can't believe he shoved his name on the top of the video. Who would want recognition for that.

Edit: Yer thanks for the video!

jwk94

My god that guy in the video was bad :L Pretty painful to watch.

LMAO why is he jumping so much!

Can't believe he shoved his name on the top of the video. Who would want recognition for that.

Bunny Hopping was a common tactic in the previous Uncharted games.

zsynqx

Bunny Hopping was a common tactic in the previous Uncharted games.

I don't think that is what he is doing tbh.

Edit: Looking at his channel maybe he was as he seems to be an uncharted player. As someone who hasn't played that much Uncharted multi that just looked weird to me. :L

hesido

Attrition based jumping / running should be employed. (For multi)

Oh, btw, I'm probably not a fun guy, but climbing should be attrition based too, forcing one to calculate their moves like a bare handed hill climber would, so you couldn't grab an edge and hold there forever, unless you have at least a foot to stand on (This for single player), doesn't have to be super realistic but you could force the player to show some rhythm when traversing the vertical obstacle. This would necessitate a level design change but accomplishing a climb would feel very rewarding.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
to hide the camera

wasn't that only in UC2 ?
there was no sprint so it made you go faster than walking. At one point I think ND added a slight delay when you jumped so as to avoid that. But I might be wrong.

Wow, thinking about it that make's sense. Seeing as this was the only off screen video that we got i suppose people weren't allowed do record the PGW gameplay.

Sorry video guy, much appreciated!

Attrition based jumping / running should be employed. (For multi)

Oh, btw, I'm probably not a fun guy, but climbing should be attrition based too, forcing one to calculate their moves like a bare handed hill climber would, so you couldn't grab an edge and hold there forever, unless you have at least a foot to stand on (This for single player), doesn't have to be super realistic but you could force the player to show some rhythm when traversing the vertical obstacle. This would necessitate a level design change but accomplishing a climb would feel very rewarding.

Nahhh, this isn't a rock climbing simulator. Everything from map layouts, to climbing mechanics, to health/damage values should be designed as to facilitate chases and fast, fluid, painless traversal.

hesido

Nahhh, this isn't a rock climbing simulator. Everything from map layouts, to climbing mechanics, to health/damage values should be designed as to facilitate chases and fast, fluid, painless traversal.

Told you, I wasn't a fun person..

Fast / fluid could be still kept while not allowing you to hang on a cliff with a single hands fingers for half a minute, the fast sections could be designed like a "parkour" run, which would be very nice to have, IMHO. Actually, that would force you to be faster. You could still hang onto your rope with a single hand, Nate could (automatically) wrap the rope around his arm after 5 secs..

Though this doesn't fit the uncharted universe anymore, as players would expect a similar style from previous games. But I still think such a game mechanic can be designed to be really fun while adding a slightly realistic flavor. Maybe for the TLoU 2, though you wouldn't constantly be climbing.

Some things I hope they fix based on TLOU:
- Hit detection. Not sure if it's lag, but several times I pass a corner and still get downed. It gets really annoying sometimes.
- Proper netcode. It's amazing how quickly and intuitively you get in a game with Casualfront. 2 1/2 years later, I still get the "Make sure you are online, settings 1, 2 3, zzzzzzz" Why is this the only online game that this happens on consoles? Not a big MP gamer but this happens 1/3 or 1/4 times. Overall just taking too long to get online. Also the first 3-4 months when TLOUR came out, it was nothing short of a clusterfuck. I'm still salty about this because one of my best friends stopped playing because of this reason, and he really loved the game.
- Horrible matchmaking at times. Level 6, 12, 23, 17 vs level 139, 412, 79, 345.
- Having typical OP guns. Bought shotty is still one of the worst guns in any MP game, but it's more evident in skill based game like TLOU. Still blows my mind that besides being so OP, it has such a ridiculously fast rate of fire. Tactical shotty and bow also have a very fast rate of fire. Uhhh.. I'm convinced one of the MP guys at NG is a scrub in MP games and keeps adding shitty additions. Made up person that probably doesn't exist, hold this never-ending L and go code for COD please.

Concerns because it's a Naughty Dog MP game:
- Microtransactions. I know they've talked about it, but I'm going with waiting and seeing rather than believing. I'm still pissed off at the perks and guns needing to be bought in TLOU. Have they commented if maps are free or do we have to pay for them? NG, please keep micro-transactions cosmetic and taunts only.
- P2P instead of dedicated servers. I know this is a Sony issue and if a gaffer can ever ask Sony on a podium where Shu, Boyes etc are there.. can you ask them this, "Sony asked us to pay 50$ a year to improve the overall online experience for us. Hundreds of millions of $ now go to Sony for this reason. Is there a reason one of the top 2 devs in your first party cannot have dedicated servers for a very dedicated online fanbase? Where is the mandatory 50$ a year going other than your pockets?"
- Balance. Generally they do a solid job, but mysticals and bought NPCs have me worried. Will have to wait and see for this as well.
- Being Uncharted 3 MP.

Not really worried about SP since it'll likely be the best SP game next year. :\ But I would love for MP to be good and to be played for years to come. I still play TLOU MP.

AKyemeni

So the beta is dropping on Friday. I'm hyped as all hell and can't wait to try out all the new stuff.

Who's making the OT for the beta?

Where do I go on my PS4 to register my beta code? I think I followed the instructions on the sheet but that just took me to a web browser page for a PS blog post about the beta.

Revven

Where do I go on my PS4 to register my beta code? I think I followed the instructions on the sheet but that just took me to a web browser page for a PS blog post about the beta.

It won't be a typical redemption, it'll be within the game itself on Friday.

This week is exciting. The last of my PC parts will be here Thursday, Uncharted Beta on Friday, and PSX on Saturday. Also when are the Video Game Awards? I'm excited for that too :)

I'm really excited to see some of the animations in the beta. I'm playing through Uncharted 3 now and it's crazy how much the animations had improved from UC2 (which were already amazing)

AKyemeni

Accessible from the ND Collection's main menu

Not really.

There will be a link on the Overview menu when you have the collection highlighted in the PS4 menu. Right now, if you click the link, it'll send you to a blog post, but when the beta is available, it'll send you to the PSN store to download the beta.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This is so close now.

And I have RB6 to fill the gap.

So, does anyone know if they'll still be using a 15hz tick rate for the MP this time or what? I'd rather not try and get into the MP if it's gonna be as "laggy" as TLoU was online. Not worth the headache if you're a slightly...hot-headed gamer like I am. Lol.

Top Bottom