• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 story trailer

Jigolo

All real-time baby!

vlcsnap_2015_12_05_19h19m24s191.png

vlcsnap_2015_12_05_19h20m45s8.png

vlcsnap_2015_12_05_19h22m24s224.png

vlcsnap_2015_12_05_19h23m17s234.png

YouTube vs HQ Screenshot quality

YxhDmh.jpg
wmDZQZ.jpg

I surely hope Gamersyde gets the video soon

foxtrot3d

Banned
301.jpg

How spoilery is the trailer? I want to watch it but I don't want to know too much going into the game when it comes out.

I mean if you're looking at the pics that is about as spoilery as it gets. Basically, Nate is meeting with his older brother for the first time in years. Nate attempts to catch him up on everything he missed.

301.jpg

How spoilery is the trailer? I want to watch it but I don't want to know too much going into the game when it comes out.

I think in this one you find out for the first time about when they last met, and I believe that contains something we weren't aware of before now. Imo, it's worth watching as it's not very spoilery at all. And that's coming from someone who won't watch the new character trailer, or the extended version of E3 gameplay.

The Flash

Banned
I mean if you're looking at the pics that is about as spoilery as it gets. Basically, Nate is meeting with his older brother for the first time in years. Nate attempts to catch him up on everything he missed.

Not much. It ends just as Sam is going to tell Nate something.

I think in this one you find out for the first time about when they last met, and that contains something Drake wasn't aware of before this meeting. Imo, it's worth watching as it's not very spoilery at all. And that's coming from someone who won't watch the new character trailer, or the extended version of E3 gameplay.

Sweet. I'll check it out then.

PSY・S;188081768 said:
not too spoilery, you just hear a little about nate and sully's aborted child

tumblr_ntjfl6a4Dn1u16pfao1_400.gif

Doesn't seem as spoiler at all, in fact it seems to be the beginning of the game where the first brothers met and Nathan talks about all his 3 adventures to Sam. All the previous videos seem to be from later parts of the game.

Oh if only ND hears this idea: for those who never played the previous games before, they should start with Uncharted 4 and when Nathan talks to Sam about hsi first adventure, for those who have the UnCharted Rematser Collection, the Uncharted 4 game will boot the first game and after finsihing it we get the ending of this intro we saw, same with second and third episode. And I think it would have been even better if ND stuffed all 3 remastered games in Uncharted 4 and let us choose whther to play the 3 games again or not. It would have been best idea ever made.

foxtrot3d

Banned
"I don't see color!"

Must be nice.

I don't really like this answer. Just change her to white african then. I'm tired of these dudes acting like we live in some kind of post racial dreamhouse and everyone who complains is just 'trying to be PC".

I haven't watched the panel because I don't care about this "controversy" but did he actually say that? It's not that big a deal since it's an off the cuff mark but their is a reason Stephen Colbert's character parodies that statement.

However, as a black dude, there is nothing wrong with what ND is doing and it seems like this is some people's first time look into voice acting. You're casting a voice not a specific look. Black dudes can play white dudes, whites can play black, grown women can voice children, etc. This isn't a controversy. Hollywood white washing Egyptians is something, not being allowed to have more than two black actors in a movie is something, this is not.

zsynqx

I haven't watched the panel because I don't care about this "controversy" but did he actually say that? It's not that big a deal since it's an off the cuff mark but their is a reason Stephen Colbert's character parodies that statement.

However, as a black dude, there is nothing wrong with what ND is doing and it seems like this is some people's first time look into voice acting. You're casting a voice not a specific look. Black dudes can play white dudes, whites can play black, grown women can voice children, etc. This isn't a controversy. Hollywood white washing Egyptians is something, not being allowed to have more than two black actors in a movie is something, this is not.

No, Nolan north yelled it at the start in a light hearted way before Neil began to talk..

Seems like that very first reveal trailer is going to be true, judging by these new trailers. It looked too good to be true back then, and that gameplay video of PSX last year certainly didn't look as good, but now it definitely does.

I keep being amazed by what this developer manages to do with the hardware, which is far from a high end pc but these graphics are out of this world. I keep wishing MS had their own ND too. Sure there's the hardware difference anyway, but they lack a developer as amazing as ND is, when it comes to graphics that is. MS has great games when it comes to gameplay, but nothing so far comes remotely close to this.

zsynqx

I hope Cutter gets his due.

Well we know the actors for those roles worked on the game as they both have new lines in MP, unlike Flynn who has a different VA :(

Wouldn't rule it out but I don't know if shoehorning in old characters for fan service is always the best idea, unless the narrative supports it.

zsynqx

yeah that's what i'm thinking too.

but i don't think it'll be the intro of the game. also didn't expect to see dialogue choices.

Maybe the intro will be like the prologue for TLOU (In the past) and show how they became separated and Sam gets arrested.

Edit: sorry for double post

Mar Nosso

Banned
I loved the introduction of dialog options. It's going to make the game feel much less linear while not surrendering to the annoying and increasingly boring trend of open world games.

VanWinkle

They've really does some fantastic work with hair. Some of the best I've ever seen.

Big improvements over the PSX 2014 footage, too, which saw some bad artifacting around the edges.

Well we know the actors for those roles worked on the game as they both have new lines in MP, unlike Flynn who has a different VA :(

Wouldn't rule it out but I don't know if shoehorning in old characters for fan service is always the best idea, unless the narrative supports it.

I agree. But Cutter got burnt by the narrative last time (also the actor's time commitments), so it'd be nice to see some kind of payoff for what he went through. But . . . UC4 seems to be so much later, that'll be unlikely.

sujay

interesting new picture from the playstation youtube page:

84OjerB.png

this was the thumbnail for a video regarding the MP beta but not actually seen in the video anywhere

I know UC games have been very consistent in the past with good perf and TLOU pushed the PS3, but damn it's like they've nailed virtually everything visually from scene to scene. Looks so good and the budget probably isn't too crazy. Nice!

Edit: It's like an interactive Order 1886

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
In TLOU and this game, there's something about the way the camera moves around the scene that feels so, so much better than pretty much anyone else in the industry in the moment. It's crazy.

chefbags

Always happy to know a friend of mine who was QA tester moved up to working at Naughty Dog full time. I envy this person seeing the game in all its glory but I also feel bad for not seeing it the first time like we all do once it's released.

Top Bottom