• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Story Trailer

Javin98

Banned
Nope. But once you are down you can run down the health meter yourself by holding down x or whatever it was or wait to be revived. One thing that I wish last of us had. I hate just crawling around waiting to be executed or revived.
Well, decreasing the down period yourself sounds like a good improvement, at least. Sometimes in TLOU, it gets a bit frustrating when your enemies won't execute you and you know for sure that your partners won't reach you.

wenaldy

Killzone2Pillar.gif

Killzone 2 really is my favorite FPS of all time

Oh man this game is my very first online experience ever (never play online on PC either). Radec Academy is the epitome of clusterfu*k.

damn, it's supposed to be easy on easy lol.

Honestly, I'm sure it is for most people. I'm not the gamer I once was, unfortunately.

Back in college I could beat Ghouls n Ghost on Genesis every time, at nearly 45 I can't get past the second level. Aging is a bitch.

Either way, I'm probably still in. I just finished the collection yesterday and can't wait for more.

Honestly, I'm sure it is for most people. I'm not the gamer I once was, unfortunately.

Back in college I could beat Ghouls n Ghost on Genesis every time, at nearly 45 I can't get past the second level. Aging is a bitch.

Either way, I'm probably still in. I just finished the collection yesterday and can't wait for more.
na, i'm with you on there. i'm pretty old myself and I like to play games on easy too - just to get through the story and stuff. and then after that i'll play on a harder/hardest difficulty to really play it and get the trophies.

if i can't pull it off though, then i'll just give up. for games I feel that I won't play through a second time (such as tlour and tomb raider), I just start really hard. i played tlour on survivor and beat it, albeit with a lot of help via shareplay. i tried doing shareplay with someone on tomb raider, that section with the fire arrows but the connection was too bad. i couldn't beat it, so I just stopped playing it.

Jigolo

I'm sure they're crunching hard but graphical/engine glitches like the island one has nothing to do with "pushing the ps4"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUIYpbJeWJM

Someone should share this video with a programmer at ND or something so they can fix the minor issues.

Why does he assume things like hard and soft body physics for animation sequences in cinematics? They are in more likelihood just... you know... precanned and baked out animations... like every game ever.

You know what, half the things he says basically make no sense in that video. Nvm.

viHuGi

Banned
I'm sure the programmers at ND know and are doing everything they can to fix it. But the fact is, no matter how much work ND puts into the game, there's going to be some graphical issues. They're obviously pushing the PS4 and compromises will be made.

Nothing is perfect, never will.

Why does he assume things like hard and soft body physics for animation sequences in cinematics? They are in more likelihood just... you know... precanned and baked out animations... like every game ever.

You know what, half the things he says basically make no sense in that video. Nvm.

Has he ever made sense? Most of his videos are fluff, no?

Edit: On the technical side of things I mean.

He does that in every video, really. I only watch because sometimes he notices some neat stuff, even if the way he explains it is completely wrong.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony

I haven't seen the trailer and don't know what specifically he's talking about, but ND has demoed a realtime character soft volume deformation tech. I can't find the video now, but I've seen it, and they said it was something new they added for this game.

My kid beats me at smash now...

I think it's his reaction time is 100x's mine...
My brain broke somewhere around 30 years

Has he ever made sense? Most of his videos are fluff, no?

Edit: On the technical side of things I mean.
He has, and while occasionally off base he is very much right about a lot of details. I can confirm much of what he said in this video is accurate, including the soft-body tech which has been presented by ND.

zsynqx

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks they start delivering on this.

There’s plenty more to show from now until launch. We’ll be dropping new info, screenshots, and behind-the-scenes videos on a regular basis. Until then, don’t forget you can preorder the game or the Limited Edition Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/24/uncharted-4-story-trailer-revealed/

Would be nice if we get something similar to the Last of Us development series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ICRQYIoORg&list=PLXEtpj0fLbRT20VbnVGn_GqVl_0KunQWd

Sorry to bump but, I think I'm losing my mind here. Last time I saw the views on this trailer it was at like 1,600,000 range. Now it's at 3,337,989? I believe it was either Monday or Tuesday last time I looked at the views. What's going on?

Memento

Sorry to bump but, I think I'm losing my mind here. Last time I saw the views on this trailer it was at like 1,600,000 range. Now it's at 3,337,989? I believe it was either Monday or Tuesday last time I looked at the views. What's going on?

Ad views

You know the ads before some video starts (that you have to wait 5 seconds to proceed if you want)? They just put the trailer as an ad in other videos. Very common practice.

Kinyou

Yeah, I think he pulls a lot of stuff out of his ass. How does he know that pillar collapsing isn't precanned physics similar to what Tomb Raider does?

KKRT00

I haven't seen the trailer and don't know what specifically he's talking about, but ND has demoed a realtime character soft volume deformation tech. I can't find the video now, but I've seen it, and they said it was something new they added for this game.

They showed real-time deformation in their baking tool (mostly Maya), not real-time ingame.
They even showed in that tech presentation how they achieve better precision from lower mesh body, but overlapping calculations from one deformation to another.
They have really great tools, but its not real-time deformation in-game.
https://youtu.be/R6uAOmH0QsE?t=3062
https://youtu.be/R6uAOmH0QsE?t=3244
https://youtu.be/R6uAOmH0QsE?t=2366

did anybody besides me use a modded controller to play? i did, but not one with any unfair advantages; i'm using a dualshock 4 with xbone thumbsticks, and I like it better than the Ps4 ones

Top Bottom