• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Story Trailer

Kaze2212

Man. I really want to play this but I haven't played any of the previous games. Guess I have to order the Collection asap and try to play through them before this comes out.

Play it soon then. I played through the 3 games again when the collection came out and eventhough I really like Uncharted, I felt burned out after finishing the second game and had to put off the 3rd one for a month or so.

Lol i cracked ages ago watched it like 10 times since truly amazing that said i need to keep it together and not watch the launch trailer ive seen too much

its tough i broke down for uncharted 3 and watched way too much i've seen everything up to the story trailer and i think i'll leave it at that till release.

There are not two full production teams at Naughty Dog. It wouldn't be outlandish to get a very small teaser like E3 2014's of whatever the pre-production team is doing, though.

No TLOU2 please, I want a new IP from ND.

Same, I wouldn't be against it but I'd rather they do something else.

Sorry to tell you this but there will be TLOU2, TLOU3...

Sony registered domains for sequels in advance (so a pranker won't get them for no reason just to troll ND):

https://www.vg247.com/2013/05/16/so...ast-of-us-the-order-1886-speculation-resumes/

https://www.vg247.com/2013/05/16/so...ast-of-us-the-order-1886-speculation-resumes/

Don't count on another IP this gen. Maybe next gen, you will have the last The Last Of Us like now with the last Uncharted and a potential new IP.

mejin

Sony registered domains for sequels in advance (so a pranker won't get them for no reason just to troll ND):

Don't count on another IP this gen. Maybe next gen, you will have the last The Last Of Us like now with the last Uncharted and a potential new IP.

I believe they will introduce a new ip this gen but I also think it will probably be a cross gen title with PS5.

etta

my hard graphic balls
thats a new phone and the new case I recently put on there making it look even more brand new. If there was a way to make the apps transparent I would do that but I heard it's only possible through jail breaking
You could use folders. Or keep only a few apps on the main screen, and move most on the second screen.

What does this have to do with what I said? There is only one team capable of full production at Naughty Dog. And your link proves absolutely nothing about the bolded.

OKK

Sony registered domains for sequels in advance (so a pranker won't get them for no reason just to troll ND)
But like you said, the publishers/developers tend to register domains just in case. This is not proof that we will get third entry etc. in TLOU. For example I'm pretty sure that Frozenbyte had registered ridiculous amount of Trine domains.

(mat)

Does she really affect the main arc though, aside from Drake doing some self-reflecting? I may genuinely be forgetting.

She helpes Drake escape here and there, and has her hands on the ancient Tibetan ritual dagger a few times, I believe.

Does she really affect the main arc though, aside from Drake doing some self-reflecting? I may genuinely be forgetting.
nate went after lazaravec to save chloe. probably also to get the purba back, though.
You could use folders. Or keep only a few apps on the main screen, and move most on the second screen.
i do use folders, overall though I don't even use apps much. as long as my phone is fast and can connect to the internet i don't care much.
Damn, the video reached 1 million even though it was re-uploaded. Dat Uncharted hunger.
of course. it is probably one of the most anticipated games of all time.

Memento

Yeah, that's what I thought, just a few trivial plot moments. Wouldn't really say she's integral to the entire series.

She is really loved though. She should has at least a small appearence in the ending for fan service if she cant be integrated in the plot by any means. After all it is Nathan Drake's last adventure. We need to see waifu Chloe.

Man I'm really hoping the game is longer than the previous Uncharteds. It looks so damn good I want the adventure to last a bit longer than 10 hours. I'll take whatever they give me though.

Man I'm really hoping the game is longer than the previous Uncharteds. It looks so damn good I want the adventure to last a bit longer than 10 hours. I'll take whatever they give me though.

I hope what I say is will be wrong wrong about Uncharted 4 but generally: better graphics = more production time, money and efforts = shorter game.

"Moving ahead, it’s quite easy to get distracted with scenes such as the above but there is a tiny little detail here that is easy to miss out. When the vehicle comes to a standstill, the dirt flow changes its direction."

I watched the trailer in details and even watched the trailer you posted with highlighted yellow circle but I couldn't understand what you mean. I noticed mud getting stacked on the wheels and getting progressively solid which is a very nice detail but I couldn't understand what do you mean by: "the dirt flow changes its direction."
Can you further explain please? Thanks.

Didn't they say 'biggest'?

Arne said the playtesters have shown its the longest. Obviously its gonna differ with everybody playing at different pace and difficulties and shit, but I expect a 12 hour average on HowLongToBeat.com a year from now, putting it ahead of UC2 and below The Last of Us.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
She is really loved though. She should has at least a small appearence in the ending for fan service if she cant be integrated in the plot by any means. After all it is Nathan Drake's last adventure. We need to see waifu Chloe.
I feel that's the only reason people wanna see Chloe in this game, because she's the bad girl stereotype alternative to Elena. Now that Drake's married she's not very interesting as a character because she revolved around either being his lover or betraying him in UC2. She was just there in UC3 chillin with Charlie and then she left.

ugoo18

Yeah good deal considering how expensive anything is in Aus

Thought as much, plus since Sony 1st party titles actually drop in price (Looking at you Nintendo lol) i can pick up a couple of games i've been wanting to play on the PS4 for awhile. Actually quick question, how does DLC work with regions for the PS4. For example say i imported Bloodborne from the US, the game would automatically download DLC from the correct region right? or would i effectively be stuck without DLC unless i connected to the US PSN store?

would you happen to know what the clock times were for each of the games minus golden abyss?

According to howlongtobeat.com
The average Main Story playtime:

Uncharted 1: 9h 45m
Uncharted 2: 10h 49m
Uncharted 3: 9h 14m
The Last of Us: 15h 27m

So let's say your average Uncharted story is 10 hours long.
Maybe Uncharted 4 will be 15 hours like TLOU?

Edit: I messed up. UC1 average main story is 8h 40m

antitrop

The difference between Uncharted 1 and 2 was way longer than an hour, when I played TNDC last year. U1 took me about 7-8 hours and U2 was more like 11-12.

I went into them thinking they were about the same length and was surprised at how much longer U2 kept going on after I expected it to end. Haven't played 3, yet.

nib95

Banned

Your Uncharted 1 time is wrong. On HowLongToBeat Drake's Fortune's average play through time is logged as 8h 40m.

All my uncharted times are way under those averages but my Last of Us playthroughs all take like 17+ hours. Idk way that is.

Alo0oy

Banned
Drake's fortune is like 5 hours long, there's no way it's even close to the length of Uncharted 3, let alone Uncharted 2.

I think the average is skewed because Drake's Fortune was the first game in the series, & one of the first third person shooters in that format.

UC2 has some looooooong ass chapters people forget about til they play it again. Like Drake and Elena in the snowy monastery, not a lot of "story", but a lot of action. That shit with rockets and the tower snipers, the courtyard with the armor shotgun dudes, the stealth beats, the turret...that shit is like a hour long chapter lol

Drake's fortune is like 5 hours long, there's no way it's even close to the length of Uncharted 3, let alone Uncharted 2.

I think the average is skewed because Drake's Fortune was the first game in the series, & one of the first third person shooters in that format.

Uncharted 3 is not that much longer than Drake's Fortune. Among Thieves is the outlier in terms of length

Alo0oy

Banned
UC2 has some looooooong ass chapters people forget about til they play it again. Like Drake and Elena in the snowy monastery, not a lot of "story", but a lot of action. That shit with rockets and the tower snipers, the courtyard with the armor shotgun dudes, the stealth beats, the turret...that shit is like a hour long chapter lol

Yeah those long chapters had very little story, but they didn't stand out like the Ship Graveyard chapters in Uncharted 3, maybe because Drake wasn't alone the whole time, Elena was always there, which made the lack of story less obvious or boring.

Top Bottom