• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Story Trailer

Why?

I'm personally glad it doesn't glad it doesn't because it doesn't have to. I didn't see ya'll complaining about other single player only games (W3, Batman, Fallout).

Crash 1/2/3, Jak 1/2/3, Uncharted 1/2/3 and TLOU don't have co-op either I don't see why ND should start here
I complain about Batman never having multi. I think the Arkham games are the best realization of Batman in video game form, but they aren't so carefully balanced and special as they are, and don't do anything that would be spoiled or corrupted by having a cooperative mode.

And Uncharted 2 and 3 have co-op arena and "adventure" modes. TLoU and Uncharted have multiplayer. It's fun. Co-op campaigns that emulate he single player would be fun.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Where is this "main campaign co-op" notion coming from? Quit projecting your irrational fears.

Exactly...

A more fleshed out co-op mode from UC2 (I did not play the UC3 co-op), would be fantastic! And judging by what was posted about the content with the skin, it may be there.

Didn't see people talking about the old "fortune" guy so sorry if it was already discussed but here I go: do you think he is... Uncharted 3 spoiler...
Nathan's dad? In the third game, we know he left Nathan but we don't know if he's dead or not, unlike the mother and since this game seems important about family relations, I wouldn't be surprised to see him.

Alienous

Take 6-8 chapters from the Uncharted 4 campaign, reformat them for multiplayer (flip the start and the end for instance) and that'll do me. Basically just do what Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 did.

A solid 3 hours in six 30 minute missions would be good enough for me.

I am worried that CO-OP might manifest as some kind of horde mode, though. I wouldn't be surprised if a mini-campaign just wasn't an effort they made this time around.

The Deluxe Edition has extra solo missions, it is written on it. Is the announced DLC or this DLC is something else apart from those extra missions in the Deluxe Edition? Also will the Deluxe Edition only be available to pre-purchase or will it exist after the launch of the game?

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Day 1 Edition will have a reversible cover.

285501_ps4_a.png

CcN622aW0AAUHhc.jpg:large

That's a nice reversible cover. But I'm going to have that superior steelbook.

There's no way that kid grows up to be Nate.

It's jarring as a result and seems artistically and graphically bad, even if it is just a render of the actor. Poor decision.

But if it wasn't him/was Rafe, it'd feel more natural and no longer look "bad".
He looks like a kid version of the main guy in Mr. Robot and Until Dawn

Not sure why some don't think the kid looks like Nathan. Kids aren't going to have a chiseled jaw-line, and they aren't going to be grown into their features (eyes/nose/ears), and kids usually have chubbier cheeks. Just compare a photo of your 10 year old self to yourself now and you'll probably find that you've changed dramatically...unless you're Haley Joel Osment.

CrazyDude

There's no way that kid grows up to be Nate.

It's jarring as a result and seems artistically and graphically bad, even if it is just a render of the actor. Poor decision.

But if it wasn't him/was Rafe, it'd feel more natural and no longer look "bad".

He looks similar, not sure what people expect. Kids usually look different from their adults selves.

No, it is just that I think it wastes the whole potential of the level design by playing on easy, because you wont need to be creative using it to your advantage, you know? But well, for each their own.
Ive been playing Uc2 remastered lately and it's such a great joy to play a game I have (late teen early twenties) nostalgic feelings for, having said that one of the things I really don't like in the game is that there's way, way too much shooting for my taste. So I just wanted to get straight through that shit as fast as possible. The platforming is what I like most about Uncharted. Chapters 8 and particularly 9 are my favorites to play through. The gorgeous graphics...

As much as I loved uncharted, this is one of the reasons I don't shrug off the shooting criticisms of this franchise. I love uncharted and I love mass effect
but I don't mind the shooting as much as I do in mass effect, but overall in a setting like those I like fighting more than using guns. maybe that's why I like the yakuza series so much.

okay...i'm veering off topic. i'm just saying, yes the first time I play through this I'll play it on easy. after that i'll play it on crushing (if it's already unlocked) but that'lll just be for getting the gold trophy (i'm assuming it's gold)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Anyone who says these graphics arent amazing are just trolls.

This is hands down one of the best looking games on any console, and i'd be so bold as to say one of the best looking games graphically period.

Now i hope that the game itself delivers, but i think Naughty Dog has gotten to a point where they just make good games. There is no chance of a real stinker from them, and to have a pedigree like that is a rare thing

thuway

I just wanted to say this again- I really appreciate the colorful and warm look that they gave the forest. The Beta had this almost desaturated look to it, and I'm glad they chose to go with this look instead. The scenes with Sully almost look like a cross between CG and real life- it's stunning. The almost foglike atmosphere behind him gives it this dreamy quality.

What amazing work.

i think the game would look better if they added some film grain..

lol at all the apps covering the wallpaper. and did you really take a pic of your phone instead of taking a screenshot..
thats a new phone and the new case I recently put on there making it look even more brand new. If there was a way to make the apps transparent I would do that but I heard it's only possible through jail breaking

ugoo18

Will be picking up a PS4 in two or so weeks, will finally get to try the Uncharted series 1-3 and then this if i enjoy the first 3. I expect i should considering i enjoyed Tomb Raider 2013 (Although i didn't enjoy it in regards to replayability).

Jigolo

Will be picking up a PS4 in two or so weeks, will finally get to try the Uncharted series 1-3 and then this if i enjoy the first 3. I expect i should considering i enjoyed Tomb Raider 2013 (Although i didn't enjoy it in regards to replayability).
Where do you live? Try and hold out for the Uncharted 4 LE PS4

dedhead54

Man. I really want to play this but I haven't played any of the previous games. Guess I have to order the Collection asap and try to play through them before this comes out.

Man. I really want to play this but I haven't played any of the previous games. Guess I have to order the Collection asap and try to play through them before this comes out.
Amazon had it for $30 last week its about $35 now i think. Hop in now or wait closer to release they're all great games.

Top Bottom