• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Story Trailer

The bug eyes match Rafe's and it could be him talking to Nate establishing that they grew up together.

The game could very well have Nate choosing between his bro who lead him back into this life and causing some kind of loss and Rafe who may be set up as the villain but through flashbacks we see they grew as brothers after moving to the city, and unlike Sam, has given Nate an out during this adventure.

Or it's just a very bad young Drake model.

Jigolo

Really? That completely sucks if true...

Why?

I'm personally glad it doesn't glad it doesn't because it doesn't have to. I didn't see ya'll complaining about other single player only games (W3, Batman, Fallout).

Crash 1/2/3, Jak 1/2/3, Uncharted 1/2/3 and TLOU don't have co-op either I don't see why ND should start here

foxbeldin

Why?

I'm personally glad it doesn't glad it doesn't because it doesn't have to. I didn't see ya'll complaining about other single player only games (W3, Batman, Fallout).

Crash 1/2/3, Jak 1/2/3, Uncharted 1/2/3 and TLOU don't have co-op either

U3 has co-op missions. Can't remember for U2.

thenexus6

Why?

Crash 1/2/3, Jak 1/2/3, Uncharted 1/2/3 and TLOU don't have co-op either I don't see why ND should start here

I am talking about co-op missions not campaign. Because I prefer co-op to PVP these days. It was fun in Uncharted 2+3.

Why?

UC 2 and 3 absolutely had co-op. People want it in 4. That's why it'd suck if it didn't have it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Indeed. Keep all co-op away from the story though. Thought that's what people were referring to when they talk about co-op.

We are talking about the non-story co-op missions which were some of the most co-op fun I have had in a long time with Uncharted 2. Never played 3's, since I did not care too much for 3's multiplayer over original 2's.

zsynqx

Great point. Also keep in mind, the voice talking to Nate in the beginning... was not coming from the mouth of supposed Sam at the docks. His mouth was not moving at all. So speculation is still out there that it is Nate and not Rafe that was on the bike.

CcLshpbUEAAmcnw.jpg

To be fair, the dithered shadows do hurt the overall presentation a bit. I really hope that it is fixed by release. This is coming from someone who thinks Uncharted 4 is the best looking game out there, by the way.

Sure, it would be great if they fixed it and everything was perfect, but it won't really bother me if it's not, as my eyes will probably have melted, from all the other crazy things going off, on screen.

I just except that the PS4 can only do so much, even though ND are incredible developers and have got PS4 doing things it shouldn't be able to do, even they will have to make some trade offs, to get everything looking as good as it looks.

Really cannot wait for this now though, it's going to be one amazing game and looks like it could be the best Uncharted game in the series.

His mother commited suicide, his father left him when he was young. So he could show up. I wonder how Drake's orphanage years ties into all this, maybe he goes way back with Rafe.

So that old man voiced by Downes could be their father ?

Edit: But tbh. I would like it better if he didn't turn up.

There is no co-op.

Is this confirmed? This is gonna be one of those games then that I will blast through in a week and never touch again which is a total shame. I really do wonder how many people ND need for an online component that is not half arsed. It seems 300 is still not enough for ND to not have the MP feel like an afterthought.

The co-op in uncharted 2 was perfect, something of that level again would be lovely. I remember being part of the uc2 beta for co-op but nothing in sight for UC4. People can say what they want about TLOU but for me, the mp could not feel more tacked on compared to the great sp.

Speaking of which, what a total and utter fuck up that TLOU had absolutely no co-op missions. :( I imagine it would have been so amazing.

zsynqx

So, they're retconning Drake's young good looks from UC3? He definitely wasn't as bug-eyed when he first met Sully.

This seems like prepubescent Drake, while in UC3 he was 15.

Actors for young Sam(Chase Austin) and Nate(Britain Dalton)

CcNj4TNUMAIUeYF.jpg

IS this game still going to be light hearted and funny? I'm sure it will be right? right guys? please make me feel better :D

Humor is still there, but the story will likely have more weight than the previous games.

You sure? For pre-order bonuses, on Amazon it has always said:

"You'll also get:
-Desert Drake and UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune Outfits - Unlock and equip across both competitive and cooperative play. "

holy crap, nice catch

BSsVL2E.png

man, im truly shocked realizing just now that UC 2 and 3 had co op

they modeled the characters after their voice/mocap actors. UC4 actor has similar eyes, compared to UC3 guy and his particular facial structure/wide nose/eyes/etc

actor_11473_thumb.jpg
latest

Are we sure we will play younger Nathan like in Uncharted 3? The trailer didn't show any gameplay part with hilm. Are you sure this scene isn't just a non playable flash back?

Are we sure we will play younger Nathan like in Uncharted 3? The trailer didn't show any gameplay part with hilm. Are you sure this scene isn't just a non playable flash back?

They said they were inspired by Left Behind DLC and the positive reception it got, so I could see that as the equivalent.

zsynqx

It will be playable considering the emphasis in the trailer.

They said they were inspired by Left Behind DLC and the positive reception it got, so I could see that as the equivalent.

Would love young the Nate/Sam sections to be similar to the Ellie/Riley sections

etta

my hard graphic balls

Oh, hmmm, I kinda like that actually. It was offputting at first because I didn't particularly like that section in U3, but I did love it in TLOU DLC.

Top Bottom