• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I personally can't even comprehend this game getting better then what I've already played and that said, it's already my favorite and an absolute masterpiece of a game...I don't want this to end.
Can you guys make it any harder to wait...sheesh.

Hnnnnggggggg!

Memento

Have you talked to embargoed reviewers, too? I'm wondering if this can top Uncharted 2's 96 Metascore.

I doubt any game will achieve such a Metascore this gen.

That said, I am positive this is going to be the best Uncharted ever going by all the impressions, previews and media we've had so far.

Gurish

I personally can't even comprehend this game getting better then what I've already played and that said, it's already my favorite and an absolute masterpiece of a game...I don't want this to end.

It's like every guy that plays it try to top the previous guy's praises.

May 10 is so far :(

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say this will match TLOU's Metacritic. That has a 95, UC2 a 96. Nobody worth a damn is arguing that TLOU is worse than UC2.

This has to be higher than a 93, it simply looks and sounds much better than UC3. I personally find the pacing bad for it.

I started it the other day and last night started it back up and I cut it off after going underground in that chateau in France. The boring puzzles and the way the gameplay feels is just hurts it. Guns are loud but the way they impact enemies is meh. It's literally the only UC I haven't beaten twice. I beat UC1 at least 3 times I think. UC2 like 6. UC3 once.

Gurish

Let's not do this please.

Do what? just said it's obvious someone will give it a lower score, didn't say we need to kill that reviewer or anything, just said it will most likely happen, it always does.

GTA VI? Those games gets that numbers almost by default.
The only game I can see do that, even GTA4 reached it without a problem.

And maybe maybe Cyberpunk if it is indeed the most ambitious RPG ever, if CDPR will keep improving like they did from TW2 to 3, it might be possible.

I think I'll bite at a 94. It will be on par with TLOU, but I think reviewers will somehow complain about it being another Uncharted game and putting visuals over 60fps.

I can't wait for the polygon lynching after they inevitably give the game a 7.

Inb4 ludonarrative dissonance in the "cons" portion of the review non-ironically.

zsynqx

Do what? just said it's obvious someone will give it a lower score, didn't say we need to kill that reviewer or anything, just said it will most likely happen, it always does.

Sorry I think I misread your post.

What I meant is let's not attack the reviewers who score the game a bit lower and make dumb accusations like they are Microsoft shills or are doing it for clicks. (Not that your post did that btw)

We know the game is going to be fantastic, so it really doesn't matter.

Boke1879

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say this will match TLOU's Metacritic. That has a 95, UC2 a 96. Nobody worth a damn is arguing that TLOU is worse than UC2.

This has to be higher than a 93, it simply looks and sounds much better than that game. I personally find the pacing bad. I started it the other day and last night started it back up and I cut it off after going underground in that chateau in France. The boring puzzles and the way the gameplay feels is just hurts it. Guns are loud but the way they impact enemies is meh.

You're talking about UC3 in your second paragraph right?

nib95

Banned
Ok I'm done lol

zhYDAMd.jpg

bKZi1ve.jpg

Lol these are awesome.

Yup. Have talked to several reviewers and have heard nothing but absolute praise. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the highest rated game this gen so far.

Call me a fanboy if you like, but I was confident that would be the case back at E3 2015.

Yeah, maybe. GTA series metacritic are really weird for me. GTA IV really doesnt deserve its metascore imo.

Preach it.

I'm betting on a 94 MC, but also that's going to be ND's best game yet.

Boke1879

we really guessing metacritic scores........

It's at that point. People are giving us impressions and it's all sounding good. Embargo It think drops on the 4th.

Thank god next week I have work and things to keep my mind occupied, COD news, Battlefield 5 news, Persona 5 news and then Civil War Friday. All while completing the ND collection and going through my backlog until May 10th :)

Gurish

Sorry I think I misread your post.

What I meant is let's not attack the reviewers who score the game a bit lower and make dumb accusations like they are Microsoft shills or are doing it for clicks. (Not that your post did that btw)

We know the game is going to be fantastic, so it really doesn't matter.

It's alright and I agree with your bottom line, I feel like after the media I've seen, details I know and the glowing impressions that reviews are really not a big deal for me this time, the chance that someone who likes Uncharted is not going to enjoy this game is slim to non existent, doesn't matter how reviewes are viewing the series today.

Call me a fanboy if you like, but I was confident that would be the case back at E3 2015.

Preach it.

I'm betting on a 94 MC, but also that's going to be ND's best game yet.

Yup. After that E3 segment and the PSX demo before it, I knew this game would probably be a masterpiece. I mean, the PSX demo wow'd us and it was just simply core gameplay, not even a set piece. Then hearing about what they're doing over the months and then finally playing the beta and seeing how good it felt, it assuaged me of any fears.

Skeeter49

Yeah, maybe. GTA series metacritic are really weird for me. GTA IV really doesnt deserve its metascore imo.

San Andreas is one of my favorite games of all time, but GTA4 was really disappointing for me. GTA4 is a blur, I can't remember that much being memorable about it.

Gurish

I second that. It deserves a low 90, imo.

Honestly I think it deserves a high 7 low 8 for production values and amazing and immersive world, other than that I couldn't even borher finishing that game, missions were so weak, controls and gameplay sucked hard, it felt like shit to play, off topic and all but I feel like it's the most undeserved MC of all time.

Honestly I think it deserves a high 7 low 8 for production values and amazing and immersive world, other than that I couldn't even borher finishing that game, missions were so weak, controls and gameplay sucked hard, it felt like shit to play, off topic and all but I feel like it's the most undeserved MC of all time.

Yeah, this. GTA V is overrated too, though not nearly as badly as IV. It's a 90 but not a 97. San Andreas is king in my opinion.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
GTA IV lost a point just for not bringing back the swing set glitch. The terrible driveway gate doesn't count, launching cars on that is way too inconsistent.

nib95

Banned
I do agree that GTAIV was overrated, but GTAV? Nah. That game is a masterpiece imo. All the typical top quality GTA goodness, polished to a T and with far more interesting and dynamic characters. Loved the heists as well, though there were too few of them.

FTF

I'm back I'm 11 hours in chapter twenty.
The pacing and overall story has been fantastic.
Some of the best set pieces I've ever played.
I would say that this game overall is better than TLOU.
Just an absolute amazing adeneline filled fun adventure that does at points sucker punch and troll it's just wicked.

I have sooo many photos I cannot wait to show you.
But alas they'll stay hidden until you have completed it.

I don't want this game to end.

Fuuuuuu

Let's go May 10th, get here already! Actually May 5th is good enough, catching Civil War that night.

Another individual playing it mentioned to me that anyone worrying about there not being incredible sequences like Uncharted 2's train needn't worry. Some wild stuff in store.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Argh, hopefully work helps next week go quick. I need to play this. I might play through TLOU on grounded again in the meantime.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
My main concern is replayability.

For as much praise as TLOU gets, on repeat playthroughs it's a big of a slog. Non stop walk-n-talk, too much tutorial, annoying having to scavenge the environment.

UC3 has the same problems and the pacing there was atrocious.

I'm worried that a lot of this will carry over into UC4...hopefully the pacing is a lot better and the game isn't filled with useless filler sections that drag for too long. Worried about the exploration sections in particular.

Also, the soundtrack...concerned about that as well. What I've heard so far is OK from an action standpoint, but what about the emotional bits? Greg did such an amazing job, and I feel that his replacement is just generic hollywood drek...

Love these tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhwB43-UCaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDRxuIsGUzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e_QvyK6GU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwADUsUP3uo

My main concern is replayability.

For as much praise as TLOU gets, on repeat playthroughs it's a big of a slog. Non stop walk-n-talk, too much tutorial, annoying having to scavenge the environment.

UC3 has the same problems and the pacing there was atrocious.

I'm worried that a lot of this will carry over into UC4...hopefully the pacing is a lot better and the game isn't filled with useless filler sections that drag for too long. Worried about the exploration sections in particular.

I just loved the quiet moments in TLOU. They really granted the world and characters time to breathe. I played that game three times with different people, and every time was a treat. The end of fall and all of winter sections are probably the best moments of any game I've ever played. That and the gutsy, amazing final scene. I just don't know how UC4 will match it, but we'll see :)

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I just loved the quiet moments in TLOU. They really granted the world and characters time to breathe. I played that game three times with different people, and every time was a treat. The end of fall and all of winter sections are probably the best moments of any game I've ever played. That and the gutsy, amazing final scene. I just don't know how UC4 will match it, but we'll see :)

I enjoy the quiet moments as well, particularly in UC2, I guess TLOU just feels too sluggish to me. They didn't pace the action vs. slow sections well enough, in my view.

I much prefer the action, set pieces, adventure, and responsiveness of the UC series. Particularly with the mechanics in UC4, it feels massively improved over the others from a gameplay perspective,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom