• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Trailer leaked

Great Hair

Banned
GIF by HULU
Wondering Chance The Rapper GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Sylvester Stallone GIF by Warner Archive

mortal

Gold Member
What is even the point?

Uncharted's entire premise was taking tropes and set pieces from blockbuster action-adventure films and casting the player as the movie hero.
You take out the interactive element and you're left with a derivative action-adventure film.

Fbh

Can't buy Holland as Nathan Drake, as expected.

I hope at least that youtube after effects tutorial green screen background is just a placeholder

Not really enough to judge it from, but I think he's fine for a young Nathan Drake. Mark Wahlberg is a questionable choice for Sully though, I just don't really see it.

thegame983

Uncharted ripped that scene off from the bond movie 'The living Daylights'.

How can another movie justifiable rip it off?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What is even the point?

Uncharted's entire premise was taking tropes and set pieces from blockbuster action-adventure films and casting the player as the movie hero.
You take out the interactive element and you're left with a derivative action-adventure film.

This, 100%. People whinge about Tom Holland like that's the real issue. No, they've created a parody of themselves.

plushyp

This, 100%. People whinge about Tom Holland like that's the real issue. No, they've created a parody of themselves.
You're right about it being a parody but the miscast is a huge contributing factor that certainly doesn't help matters.

Last edited:

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
Tom Holland as become one of my most disliked actors. He seems like such a nice guy and I want to root for him. I wish he would just do movies I don't want to see.

gow3isben

Well they nailed that setpiece scene from 3.

But what is up with that cringey music? Uncharted is has one of the all time great and iconic themes.

Nico_D

Ripping off a scene from the game isn't a good sign either In the past that hasn't been a recipe for success with games to movies.

Really struggling to see Holland as Nate too.He isn't even close to how young Nate was in 3.

kyliethicc

Just gonna leave this here as an example of a Nate & Sully dynamic that could actually work.

Richard Madden IMO would have been a better Nate. Or Oscar Isaac.

And I don't even care that Idris Elba is black, he'd be a better Sully than Marky Mark.

SpokkX

Yeah it's like trying to watch a 007 movie except you get James Bond Jr. instead.
Not that there's anything wrong with Jr. but you get the idea.

At least there was this

This is still amazing. They should have made a movie out if this instead of this... boy spiderman spinoff

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Now you can see the drizzling shits in glorious HD:

"Hey! Shall we use possibly the greatest video game theme there is in our trailer?"

"Nah! Just a couple of notes from it, and some Led Zeppelin song that nobody gives a toss about."

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yeah it's like trying to watch a 007 movie except you get James Bond Jr. instead.
Not that there's anything wrong with Jr. but you get the idea.

At least there was this

... ouch that was bad, if they saw that and were even remotely considering him for the role that would have killed any chance of it.

MastaKiiLA

Looks tits. Can't wait to see it. I don't expect it to do that well in the theaters, but no telling what that situation will be like by the time it releases. This being the first proper trailer, they'll probably have a multipronged marketing push with this movie and the game. Hopefully they can get some real buzz going. In the end, I just want it to be a fun watch. Rampage was nothing like the game, but was still enjoyable.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Lets cast someone (too) young in the hope of it being a long, decade spanning franchise....

Laugh my tits off it fails because people thought the actor was too young for the role.

Top Bottom