• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege PSN Game - New Trailer

Man said:
F-Pina, with the PlayStation Move now announced, which type of pointing method are you using? There is laser pointing (a ray cast from the 3D object that is the Move) or 'draw pointing' (X&Y position of sphere) ?

I'm also assuming the camera is moved with the subcontroller/DS3 while the cursor moves freely within the screen space.

The game uses both depending on the situation (draw pointing is especially nice for stuff like modeling the terrain).

Yes, the subcontroller (or the DS3) are used to control the camera while the Move controls the cursor, although it can also control the camera when it approaches the edges os the screen. In general it's very, very similar to standard PC RTS controls.

Regarding news at E3... we hope to have the game out before then :p

The game is PSN-only because we are a really small team, so it made sense to focus on only one platform. After evaluating our options, we decided the PS3 and the PSN Store were the best options for our game.

Man

One thing I personally prefer when it comes to DLC (I'm sure there are plans) is to have a more complete, bigger add-on pack.

The Pixeljunk and their Encore add-ons are elegantly pulled off.

In contrast, Super Stardust HD has multiple keys, a demo that functions like an upgrade and whatnot and I believe this is a messy setup.

Personally I would prefer if you pulled off a bigger, singular add-on when the time comes that contains a variety of features (for a higher price obviously). It becomes almost like a second launch in that sense (maybe in the PS Move release period?).

TheGuardian said:
Regarding news at E3... we hope to have the game out before then :p
1013045-familyguy_good20good_super.gif

Good, good....

Man

TheGuardian said:
The game uses both depending on the situation (draw pointing is especially nice for stuff like modeling the terrain).
Also, this speaks to me that you're getting it since you're seeing the advantage of both. Laser pointing for user movements and such, draw pointing for map making. Excellent!

I think you should promote PS Move support in your next trailer, seems like the interest on GAF almost tripled after that announcement and it might influence other gamers as well.

Grooski

Banned
TheGuardian said:
In general it's very, very similar to standard PC RTS controls

This is what all RTS devs need to aim for. So many awkward implementations, when emulating PC controls is what they should have aimed for. But the motion controls sure put the RTS back on the console map now. I'm looking forward to giving this a spin.

Thanks for the posting too TheGuardian and F-Pina, certainly helps sell your game when you can speak to the devs about it.

TheGuardian said:
The game is PSN-only because we are a really small team, so it made sense to focus on only one platform. After evaluating our options, we decided the PS3 and the PSN Store were the best options for our game.

Nice, thanks for the answer! And best of luck to you, if you guys succeed this might be the first big step for our country in the video gaming world! :D

Top Bottom