• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Underrated GameCube Games

Drago

I'm finally getting a copy this or next week. I'm psyched!
Enjoy it man, you're in for a real treat :D

I love this game a lot. Still need to go back and finish the last couple hours though.

Shame the DS and 3DS titles were nowhere near as good.
Well there was that second DS title that was a direct (albeit takes place several years later) sequel to the GC original and not a spinoff like Park Patrol and Photo Finder were. Too bad it never got localized. :mad:

nobody said vexx yet right

that was decent if not a little late into the age of collect tons of stupid shit 3d platformers
I'm so glad I saw this post. I'm keen to try out some of the 3D platformers on GC, because apart from Mario Galaxy, it seems like the genre on consoles has pretty much died out. I think there was an EA one called TY the Tiger. Any others of note?

They're just sore PS2, Xbox, X360 and PS3 didn't get a port and probably never will.

Biggest complain most fans had wasn't the dub it was the fact it wasn't on a dualshock.

Nobody should prefer MGS1 to MGS:TS, but Kojima Productions seems to feed the notion of it never having existed (footage reels of older games never show it even on flashbacks and stuff like that), the rest is some fans going along with it for the very same reasons, it's not canonic they say or some utter nonsense.

The storytelling in MGS1 is just crafted infinitely better. Kojima's direction really shines through, and the voice work is phenomenal, especially for a game at that time.

The dub really IS the major complaint. KP didn't ignore it at all. In fact if you play MGS4 you'll recognize that all of the audio flashbacks are from TTS (and quite woodenly delivered). No one ever says that it's not 'canon'... it's exactly the same story as MGS1, Just completely over the top.

Top Bottom