• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale announced for PS4/Vita, physical editions as well

DNAbro

I wonder how that will work
considering you have to adjust the fun value more than once to see all of it
?

Doesn't the fun value reset on each playthrough? I know the last patch made it possible to see everything without editing it yourself.

Toby Fox has stated before that he is against achievements because they may encourage the player to act in a specific way.
Specially in a game like Undertale.

I guess trophy support is mandatory in PS4.

He could easily circumvent that by being creative with the trophies like Stanley Parable, which has achievements for not playing the game for five years, playing for the entire duration of a Tuesday, and an achievement that is literally impossible to get without hacking the game (because there's no in-game unlock criteria for it).

Alternatively, the trophies could unlock for mundane things that are constant across all playthroughs (reaching certain areas, playing for a certain amount of time, meeting specific NPC's, etc).

When I read on reddit that 8-4 was porting it, I was like "someone clearly didn't read the article properly, they're a localization team!"

Then I read it and was shocked. Haha, pretty sweet setup for Toby.

sasliquid

So no word on a physical vita edition in the UK? And if not is it only available from one chain in NA? Cos I usually import from Videogamesplus.ca

Kalamoj

Yikes, just tried on an art book and was shown this:

Edit: It looks like this still varies. 90210 shows $8.80, but still. Won't hurt as much if you're buying both versions.

Edit: $15.90 to somewhere in New York...

Thanks for the update, I'm not expecting a cheap EU shipping then. Will decide when the preorder goes up.

ike_

When I read on reddit that 8-4 was porting it, I was like "someone clearly didn't read the article properly, they're a localization team!"

Then I read it and was shocked. Haha, pretty sweet setup for Toby.

Yeah, just learned that 8-4 is doing the localization and the programming (for the first time according to last night's GB interview with Ricciardi).

Those guys consistently show up in the credits of my favorite games so I'm pretty sure I have no choice but to support this.

PSqueak

Banned
I love that he confirmed trophy support, because the headache this is gonna be for trophy whores.

Will you ignore the game's themes? Will you platinum this? are you a fucking monster?

honestly i am not getting why people are mad with trophies? Thats only just a extra layer of troll if you want to, look at nier automata

Trophy support is contradictory to one of the major themes of the game.

That's why he's apologizing for trophy support.

Epcott

Crossbuy? Oh my yes! I have a reason to turn on my Vita... if I can find the plug. I had to stop myself from port begging for a particular new console... but you know what? I'm just happy it's released on consoles.

Any news on Toby's next project, and did he truly create this with Gamemaker? I was thinking of trying that out myself.

Syril

Actually, considering the game discourages such actions constantly, I'm willing to bet all that trouble will only net you a bronze one lol.
I'd bet on the former since genocide also represents completionism. It would be hilarious if the trophy for it wasn't even hidden and was simply "Reach maximum LV" with no context.

shmoglish

Already own the gane on Pc, but I guess I am going to tripple dip here (Retail for Ps4 and Digital for Vita). Love this game.

taco543

honestly i am not getting why people are mad with trophies? Thats only just a extra layer of troll if you want to, look at nier automata
I was thinking the same thing lol, I was just going through reading all the trophy salt and just thought do what nier automata did, it handled trophies perfectly!

GeNoMe

Isn't this due to release this month? Can't seem to find any news about a specific release date. My Vita is craving content!

john tv

y46W29S.jpg

More info to share in July! (Which means more info soon.)

GeNoMe

y46W29S.jpg

More info to share in July! (Which means more info soon.)

Guess I go that confused with a release window. But even so, I'd have expected to hear some more news right about now. Guess there are at least two weeks left for more info.

DNAbro

Unfortunately can't get the CE and Splatoon 2 so even though I'm a huge fan I have to pass up. Just preordered the digital version and theme is super nice. The new music is fantastic.

Top Bottom