• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United Airlines passenger dragged from plane at O'Hare reaches settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
C-NOk0LVYAAmH63.jpg

at first i was like.... but then i was like

Needs to go viral

Chances of more than what most professional boxers do in their careers.

Also, I don't think it would be 8 figures. I'm inclined to think that we see that as a possibility because he is celebrity famous now, and that's the minimum a person that was a celebrity before would have gotten.

UFO

Banned
Hey Neogaf.com, how much money would u accept to be beaten and dragged off a plane and memed to high heaven?

I'd do it for $100k I think

Beaten and dragged off a plane to the extent this guy was? $5,000 + medical expenses. Broken nose and concussion? That's nothing.

Memed to high heaven? $50,000. I don't like spotlight attention.

Do he doesn't. Theres not one person here that wouldn't sign up to go through that for $1 million+. That's ridiculous money, thats retirement money. He deserved $25-50K, and for United to pay a $10- 15million fine.

meh. Congrats on the victim for essentially winning the lottery. The $10million fine was paid, but the money went straight to the victims bank account. If some major corporation's employee/security was beating me to a coma, and I knew the amount of $$$ coming my way, I would be taking the abuse looking like....

Er3RO.jpg

Slayven

Do he doesn't. Theres not one person here that wouldn't sign up to go through that for $1 million+. That's ridiculous money, thats retirement money. He deserved $25-50K, and for United to pay a $10- 15million fine.

probably wouldn't even cover his dental and hospital bills

SheHateMe

I love y'all, but I think some of you are low balling this.

If anything, UA's lawyers went and took a napkin, a pen, and a lighter out. Slid the pen and the napkin to him and said "Write down a number. Don't care how big it is, write it down." He writes down $50 million and slides it back to the lawyer. The lawyer nods, writes the check, and takes the lighter and burns the napkin.

At least that's what I would've told my lawyers. "Make this go away. I don't care about the cost."

Also, he should get at LEAST 10 golden tickets for him and his family. No matter when or where, he flies First Class to wherever on their airline. (If he even chooses to fly again.)

I couldn't imagine taking less than $25 million in that position, unless the rest was being donated to charity.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

Dude, his doctor bills are probably 25 to 50k alone. He paid for his airline ticket, and when they tried to make him miss the flight he paid for and refused, they beat his ass and dragged him off the plane. That's nice that you feel that they should maybe compensate a bit of his medical fees, but let's just say I disagree.

The very minimum I'd ask for is ALL medical and legal fees paid for plus first class flights for life.

You must not value yourself very highly if you think getting a viral beat down is only worth the cost to fix you back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom