• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superman0

Hillary lost major states she could/should have won by pretty narrow margins. There are a lot of people out there who basically voted anti-establishment, on both sides. For you to confidently say that Sanders wouldn't have fared any better is pretty ridiculous. I could see it having gone both ways to be honest.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Bernie would have freaking lost WI, MI, and PA.

This election was lost because Trump activated a group of people in this country that was unfortunately much larger than anyone predicted. That's all it comes down to, IMO.

I think your right. Otherwise the polls.wouldnt have been so far off. I don't think Trump and Co. could have hoped for this in their wildest imaginations.

I'm glad he's banned now, but it happened two hours after he posted it (when most bans for racism, including at least one documented case in this thread, are dealt with immediately), and a lot of people had quoted it (so it doesn't seem like it just got "lost in the shuffle" of the thread, because it kept popping up).

Thank you for doing the deed, Lionel, but I find it hard to believe you were the first mod that saw the post. I'm sure almost every mod is invested in this election and following this thread closely, and it seems like as a rule racial hate speech against whites rarely get taken care of unless members first make noise about it.

This has been bothering me for a while on GAF - I'm one thousand percent for banning racists/homophobes/islamaphobes, but allowing racist comments for a majority group and hand-waving it away as no big deal is incredibly disheartening to see.

I hope it changes soon, because I really don't want to leave GAF - but the amount of anti-white sentiment that has gone unchecked here this election cycle has been a gigantic bummer.
It's a busy night. Calm down.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Never listening to these fuckin' pollsters again. Unbelievable.

1478669724949.png

I'm glad he's banned now, but it happened two hours after he posted it (when most bans for racism, including at least one documented case in this thread, are dealt with immediately), and a lot of people had quoted it (so it doesn't seem like it just got "lost in the shuffle" of the thread, because it kept popping up).

Thank you for doing the deed, Lionel, but I find it hard to believe you were the first mod that saw the post. I'm sure almost every mod is invested in this election and following this thread closely, and it seems like as a rule racial hate speech against whites rarely get taken care of unless members first make noise about it.

This has been bothering me for a while on GAF - I'm one thousand percent for banning racists/homophobes/islamaphobes, but allowing racist comments for a majority group and hand-waving it away as no big deal is incredibly disheartening to see.

I hope it changes soon, because I really don't want to leave GAF - but the amount of anti-white sentiment that has gone unchecked here this election cycle has been a gigantic bummer.

vax5dSS.gif

tumblr_o1zz8nCiL51rgam01o1_r1_500.gif

I'm so done with this "respect Trump voters everybody" crap.

No. fuck them. If you voted for Trump you're an asshole and I hope you have to deal with negative consequences for your selfish bigoted act.

It's a little funny (not ha-ha funny) to see everybody up in arms over calling out white male voters for electing Trump.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This election was lost because Trump activated a group of people in this country that was unfortunately much larger than anyone predicted. That's all it comes down to, IMO.

That is giving them too much credit.

It was a double knock out blow of the Democratic candidate being weak, and the Democratic party itself constantly shielding the weak candidate.

Even large swaths of the left were not excited to vote for the candidate and it showed.

The right came in frothing at the mouth and ready for action because they were told their house was falling down and they were going to imminently die unless they did something to take their country back.

The left was told to suck it up and vote because that was the best they were going to get and they should be lucky to get that.

There is literally only one way the situation turns out in a situation like this. We've seen it many times before.

Media

Serious question people smarter than me:

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois through my husbands work. I don't work currently because of my disability. He got the insurance four months ago.

I've had lupus for three years. Am I going to be dropped if the ACA is repealed and the preexisting condition clause is revoked? Cause if so, I'll have to discontinue all treatment in order to continue to feed and clothe my family. Which means I'll eventually die.

Reassure me, please. I'm still fucked as a Navajo that looks Mexican, but I'll be double fucked with this.

SarusGray

Bernie would've been labeled a pinko commie and that would've been the end of that.

It's not that Trump is an amazing candidate. It's that people and thirsting for indulging in racist and sexist rickety under the guise of "change". Bernie would've been "too PC" for these voters

I seriously doubt it. Polls showed Bernie doing better against Trump yet DNC wanted HIllary who when polled was doing worse. I mean it's too late now but god dammit does this irritate me .

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.

Exposure to racism really feels foreign from the other side doesn't it?

NeOak

Trump is ahead 30k in PA at 97% reporting in.

Obamacare is done
Climate change legislation is done
The senate, house and SCOTUS will all be controlled by modern tea party supporting republicans

This is the most hellish political scenario I could imagine for this country. A rapist is about to reach the highest office in the land. I blame white republican voters, the DNC, Hillary and Debbie.

Pretty much.

All minorities are in for hell.

WTF Latinos??

I've seen it all now.

Latinos for Trump is the closest thing to ethnicity betrayers.

Atomski

My Christian friends are having a field day on social media
How is Trump even Christian.. as someone who grew up a conservative Christian I fail to see a god fearing man in Trump.

Being a Republican use to be about family values.. and here we have a man who dosnt respect women and has been divorced multiple times. Yet people view him as a Christian leader.. wtf

Soi-Fong

So about that Cubs win... Can we just trade that? Like seriously... This is coming from a Chicago guy.. Jesus christ.. Is this the price we pay for a Cubs win??!!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Of course it's fake. And the fact that some here were latching onto it assuming it must be real speaks volumes. It's a big part of why you lost.

Somebody please direct me to the crow-eating extravaganza where gaf gets on its knees and apologizes to Nate Silver...

Sorry that thread was locked.

WillyFive

I hope she didn't pull a Romney and actually has one ready.

I mean, I assume she does, but damn. I don't think she ever expected to actually have to use it.

NBC News reported they had two, one for winning and one for losing, earlier today before the results came in. Both Clintons and the writers were making edits to it this afternoon.

Audioboxer

Genuinely, how did minority voters not save us from this?

I'm trying to find demographic breakdowns, but from some images in here it seems Black and Latino turnouts were low in some states.

Many screamed it 100 times, hindsight in politics is useless to say "oh maybe I should have voted..."

You know... When I was growing up I always said that one day I'd like to live in America. Now... Not so much. True colors have been shown.

Canada it is then.

Believe it or not America is still pretty damn dope. Despite all the upset people in here I would never want to live anywhere else.

We'll figure this shit out and get past it. America is still a great ass country in my eyes despite a result I wasn't wanting.

Love my Canada bro's and gals too though so you can't go wrong there I'm sure.

I've battled depression off & on for years. This is the most depressed I've felt in a long time :( Definitely calling my therapist & psychiatrist later today >_<
Yeah.... I had to leave college because of my depression, I was getting better and need to fill out my forms by December 1st to go back in the spring. I'm not sure if that will happen now.

Idk now maybe I'll be more motivated than ever to stop this bullshit.

Remember when we thought racism would sharply drop when all the old people died off... good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom