• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

University ignores warnings about Milo, leaving him free to bully trans student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Besides the "college campus as the last bastion of our democracy" talk, there's the tiny fact that Milo is established to go around to campuses just to start shit and harass people.

Like, come on. Someone may as well hand out cards that read "I'm Mr. Stalker, I am coming to stalk people" and then make a troll face when they say they want to come to your campus to talk about economics and totally not stalk people. You've got a pretty good case for telling them to fuck right off.

Acting gay, but isn't? The way he talks no gay man would utter. Therefore I think he really isn't gay. Its part of his act.

I've wondered before if Milo is lying about being gay. Maybe he is. But admittedly I've met a few gay men who are massively fucked in the head, including one who absolutely is as gay as they come, and could be a Milo.

Slayven

I have to disagree, he is definitely a political opposition to my views personally, and to say he is not open to having a conversation is completely inaccurate considering that is literally the reason why he was there to speak on that campus. The people who are not open to having a conversation are the ones who believe he shouldn't be allowed to speak on campus

"Lesile Jones is an ape"

"I am choose to be gay so I wouldn't have to deal with nutty broads"

That conversation is not worth having

Alienous

He's a wonderful toy for homophobic neo-nazi kids: a gay man who hates himself and other LGBT people and wants to be one of them. They can - and do - use his very existence to troll by saying they don't hate gay people, see Milo is one of us.

Yeah, I suppose that's it. He's an token caricature leader who is self-hating enough to be acceptable. It's fucking vile.

I have to disagree, he is definitely a political opposition to my views personally, and to say he is not open to having a conversation is completely inaccurate considering that is literally the reason why he was there to speak on that campus. The people who are not open to having a conversation are the ones who believe he shouldn't be allowed to speak on campus
I mean he's political opposition in that progressives need to wipe the floor with his ilk but he's not someone of any value or insight in to the political process. He has no job or formal position of power in the political process.

And no, he is not open to having a conversation. Did you read the OP? Why are you fixated on having a conversation with someone who's a hateful piece of garbage who's been proven in the past to be fabricating and exaggerating some of his persona just to get fame?

If you want to try and convince him of his backwards views go ahead and contact him online or in person. Colleges should not be giving this fuck head any more exposure or money than he already has.

Reeks

What the fuck? This isn't about "political opposition", it's about some asshole targeting and harassing an individual.

Should your universities allow me to go on a stage and go, "Boy, <Name> sure is disgusting, let's all mock this person, especially their appearance, horribly until they're in tears, tee hee"?

Schools are supposed to prevent bullying, not let it rampant under the guise of "free speech".

Right? The fuck? As if trans people aren't already targeted for violence... Disgusting.

The central tenants of academia are to learn and delve deep into the subject at hand and to allow discourse, not to give any shitstain a platform.

Spineless coward of a chancellor, a complete disgrace to higher learning and very likely a fucking liar to boot. The student body should be calling for his head now.

Ms.Galaxy

Tell me, what valid conversations and debate is there about the humanity of transgender people.

Somethings are black and white in this world, otherwise there wouldn't be so many shades of gray.

I'm not even going to mention the fact he just used his platform to embarrass, bully, and humiliate a private individual for who they are.

That's a load of shit. If he gave a damn about having a conversation, he wouldn't have harassed somebody for kicks.

DedValve

Banned
Acting gay, but isn't? The way he talks no gay man would utter. Therefore I think he really isn't gay. Its part of his act.

I've met transphobic gay people, they aren't immune to intolerance and bigotry.

EDIT: Until we get any hard proof its irrelevant if he's acting or not, right now he's a very real stain on our community and incredibly hurtful we need to figure out how to stop this asshole from being given an open mic.

What the fuck kind of university gives a platform to a walking breathing fuckface troll who craves nothing but attention? They might as well just contact a random youtube comment and ask it to come speak.

Meicyn

Gold Member
What is acting gay?

Sorry, but homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual preference. Milo's homosexual and that's the reality of it. You can be gay and a piece of shit for a human being at the same time.

Anarky

Banned
Dude literally targets and harasses a student with transphobic abuse and we still got people up on that freeze peach shit.

Do you genuinely believe that he was speaking there so he could have a conversation with those who hold an opposing view? His beliefs are set. He's there to spew objectively hateful extremist rhetoric.

I appreciate your sentiment, but it's irresponsible and not nearly as logical as you think.

Reeks

What is acting gay?

Sorry, but homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual preference. Milo's homosexual and that's the reality of it. You can be gay and a piece of shit for a human being at the same time.

"You mean they're just like you and me?" Deeeerrrrrpppppp....

(This thread is making me so angry)

Lol what fucking conversation?

Getting paid to attack a student that he's targeted is not and should never be a platform supported by any institution of education.

People arguing that this is ok are being obtuse and absurd.

Mark L

I hope the bullied student recovers from this. I can't imagine living a life where society forces so much shame on you only to have a malignant spotlight turned on you like that. I really really hope she gets help from someone.

RPGCrazied

Well, I happen to be gay. And most people I know that is, isn't this hateful. Sorry, its just how I feel. Specially to other gay people. We have to stick together, specially in today's time.

What is acting gay?

I disagree with the notion that homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual preference. I think you are confusing what should be with what is. The people who discriminate against us because of the simple fact we are romantically and sexually inclined toward the same sex has forced us to create community identities to protect ourselves from violence and validate our self worth. Being gay in current society is thus more than a sexual preference. It often serves as a community identity out of necessity. You can of course opt out of the community, but I feel you should recognize that it exists and why it exists.

Alienous

What is acting gay?

I understand what RPG is talking about. I've yet to see extended footage of an interview or talk involving Milo where he doesn't tell a man he's cute, or say how he'd have sex with them, entirely unwarranted in the context of the discussion. Much of the time it comes across as an act, to play up to a stereotype.

Ms.Galaxy

...why would a gay man want to force his way into the women's locker rooms?

Because old conservative rhetoric that links LGBT with rapists and pedophiles. It's a very idiotic and stupid argument that makes little to no sense but, you know, "think of the women and children".

Meicyn

Gold Member
Well, I happen to be gay. And most people I know that is, isn't this hateful. Sorry, its just how I feel. Specially to other gay people. We have to stick together, specially in today's time.
I'm not sure what your sexual preference has to do with anything though. I happen to be gay as well. Anyone can be the best of the best or the worst of the worst. You can feel whatever you want, but that doesn't change the reality: Milo is another shitty person in a world full of shitty people that just happens to be homosexual.

Media

While I'm with most of you in having a personal disdain for Milo and his views, I don't fault the college for allowing him to speak on their campus. We should be open to having a conversation with our political opposition

Obama said it best ->https://youtu.be/mi5da2AhDCY?t=241

Milo isn't political opposition and he isn't open to having a conversation. He's a con man trying to sell hatred and by letting him speak on campuses he's winning.

What he said.

There's a difference between listening to what the other side has to say and allowing an asshole to attack people because he's well, an asshole. I hope he's never allowed to speak at any college again.

PopeReal

Straight guy raping people is ok with the right. But be very scared of gay people raping. That is just wrong to them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Setting aside whether the university ought to have allowed him to speak, they will almost certainly lose a Title IX case brought by the student.

Alienous

What exactly went wrong in this guy's childhood to turn him into such a despicable waste of sperm?

I really struggle to imagine what set of circumstances makes being a 24/7 terrible human being a worthwhile trade for a pseudo-celebrity status amongst generally hate-filled people and recognition from people who hate you.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have watched dozens of his speeches now, I listen to all the ones I can and heard him on podcasts too, enough to know all his talking points, all his rebuttals, he is such a strange character, when he first started to appear in the UK on Sky news he provided quite an upstanding image, he argued on tv on tech, gender issues and presented himself almost entirely as someone of integrity, whether he had it or not. Watching him turn from that over the last 2 years to what he is now is incredibly strange, when he was serious before he made some interesting points that, if you didnt agree with would make you think, make you look up, I genuinely like having my thoughts challenged so having someone like him who goes very much against what you know appeals. But what he has turned into is so far from where he used to be and it exists in a world where it feels like he is play acting, he feels anything but sincere, half the time when he makes comments like the above he laughs afterwards, he plays it off, reading it in text is obviously much more vitriolic but if I had a hunch I would legitimately believe that he himself does not believe half the things that come out of his mouth.

What he has done rather incredibly is use his status to exploit a gap in the media that Trump exploited wherein he is actually immune from criticism, in the sense that, you cant really hurt him, you outcast him he becomes more popular, you call him a racist his fans protect him, what he actually is is somewhat irrelevant now.

His talks have slowly evolved into pantomimes where the audience shouts back things at him, he posts funny images and plays the clown to a bunch of people who take it as gospel.

Fuck him, but I still have issues with the idea of no platforming.

Edit: having read more I would acknowledge that this case is different due to the harassment. In general however I stand by the fact that no platforming at universities is somewhat silly. Universities should promote debate and people should question these people rather than stop them from speaking.

Question these people? Debate?

There is no debate, this poor girls humanity and dignity are being shat on for nothing. That's not a debate. That's disgusting and dehumanizing.

Her humanity is not a debate.

Euron

I went to my university's College Republicans club and had a discussion about how awful of a person Milo is and how if he were ever invited on campus to speak, the damage done to their organization would be irreversible. Thankfully they (the leadership at least) agreed with this not only regarding Milo but all other "alt-right" speakers as well.

You will not change these people. They are only there to incite hate and violence then use the ensuing chaos to claim a false sense of legitimacy.

If you ever wish to know why GAF enforces a strict set of rules, look no further than Milo and his ilk. They are the very manifestation of everything wrong with political discussion and their presence itself is the death of any intellectual thought.

The man most likely to be Trump's first Supreme Court appointee, everyone.
Please don't joke about this. Given everything that has happened this year, this is not outside the realm of possibility.

You didn't read a single word of what Milo said and assumed, in spite of the mountain of evidence of his years as a target painter for neo-nazis on the internet, that he had something of value to bring, a part of an actual conversation.

You don't even know what a conversation is if you believe that to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom