• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
I like how the writer of the profile clearly has a big ole crush on him. Also "the hit Sky series Game of Thrones" what?

Iksenpets

Banned
I can't imagine the shitstorm that GoT will cause by showing Ramsay raping Sansa.

I don't think we'll get a full-on violent rape, but I think we're probably getting the whole "warm her up for me, Reek" wedding night scene. It will be gross and awful and we'll get the dual outrage of people just upset that it happened and book purists upset by the change. It's going to get crazy.

I do think that once he's with Sansa he could get increasingly violent towards Myranda, as she becomes less and less important to him. It could get really rough with her.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Dear God all mighty! I don't know anything, I don't want to know anything, I'll find out when I watch the show. But, I swear to GOD if they end up raping and torturing Sansa I'm going to throw a fit.

Szeth

It's like they saw the controversy over the Jaime/Cersei scene and wanted to see if they could create an even bigger shit storm. Can't wait to unplug my internet for a week.

Dear God all mighty! I don't know anything, I don't want to know anything, I'll find out when I watch the show. But, I swear to GOD if they end up raping and torturing Sansa I'm going to throw a fit.

I was willing to give them a second chance and call the Jaime/Cersei thing a fluke, but they're making it difficult (if the speculation is truth)

RELIGHT

Banned
About 200 pages into Dance. Liking it so far though it's a bit slow on the draw. I feel like I should have read feast again though because some of the stuff is repeated

Nezzer

Banned
Never mind, jolie, I hadn't catched up to our speculation thread on Westeros.org and now I just saw Onion Sleight's post :D

joliefaire

Neo Member
Never mind, jolie, I hadn't catched up to our speculation thread on Westeros.org and now I just saw Onion Sleight's post :D

No worries. I just fixed the link, found it at another site. Still the funniest GoT rant ever. I had tears in my eyes reading it. Hilarious.

Zolo

I was willing to give them a second chance and call the Jaime/Cersei thing a fluke, but they're making it difficult (if the speculation is truth)

Wasn't the awful part of the Jamie/Cersei scene that it completely went against Jaime's character, and it was played off later like it didn't happen rather than the fact that a rape happened? Of course, Ramsay doing anything with Sansa would be horrifically awful, and the hateful part would be that they put her in a situation for this to happen, but it wouldn't go against Ramsay's character like it did Jaime's and hopefully not played off/defended as not being a rape.

Hopefully, they still don't go that route though.

Iksenpets

Banned
Wasn't the awful part of the Jamie/Cersei scene that it completely went against Jaime's character, and it was played off later like it didn't happen rather than the fact that a rape happened? Of course, Ramsay doing anything with Sansa would be horrifically awful, and the hateful part would be that they put her in a situation for this to happen, but it wouldn't go against Ramsay's character like it did Jaime's and hopefully not played off/defended as not being a rape.

I think people are less concerned with Ramsay's development than Sansa's. It will be a really difficult balancing act to maintain Ramsay's sense of menace, while also showing Sansa growing more and more confident. How does she remain strong, without diminishing Ramsay's threat? It's going to be hard, but I won't say impossible.

Zolo

I think people are less concerned with Ramsay's development than Sansa's. It will be a really difficult balancing act to maintain Ramsay's sense of menace, while also showing Sansa growing more and more confident. How does she remain strong, without diminishing Ramsay's threat? It's going to be hard, but I won't say impossible.
Yeah. That's what I figured, and I definitely agree.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Correct. But, it would go totally against the new independent Sansa they began setting up at the end of last season.

Seems likely to me that they're going to be taking cues from how Sansa deals with Harry in the TWOW preview chapter, albeit with a far more dangerous character in the form of Ramsey. Seems likely to me that George released that chapter when he did for a reason.

Iksenpets

Banned
Yeah. That's what I figured, and I definitely agree.

I will say, there's huge upside for them if they can pull it off. That's a whole lot of fantastic characters and actors all together. The Sansa/Theon scenes in particular could be great. But the downside if they fuck it up is pretty catastrophic.

Seems likely to me that they're going to be taking cues from how Sansa deals with Harry in the TWOW preview chapter, albeit with a far more dangerous character in the form of Ramsey. Seems likely to me that George released that chapter when he did for a reason.

Definitely. The release of that chapter was when I went from 75% sure that Sansa/Ramsay was happening to 99%.

Nezzer

Banned
Just one more week to go now!

WHERE ARE THE NEW THREADS?
511312c4afa96f7ece000266.png

Kain

It's bugged the shit out of me since season two. They apparently do something to lighten them a little but it's not enough.

I'm guessing they tried it at first and it didn't go well so they decided to leave it the way we know and lover her now but... how bad could it be?

Now if we go full on nerd, she is a Targ, Targs don't have a single brown hair in their bodies, smh.

Martian

I'm guessing they tried it at first and it didn't go well so they decided to leave it the way we know and lover her now but... how bad could it be?

Now if we go full on nerd, she is a Targ, Targs don't have a single brown hair in their bodies, smh.

Yeah and purple eyes.

Ogimachi

Not sure if joking..

M.Bluth

Eh dying her eyebrows the same color as her hair would be far more distracting. Trust me it's better this way and makes her hair pop more.

I don't think the exact same color as her hair would look right, but I feel like a lighter color than her dark natural color would look rather better.

I think there are also logistical issues regarding
secret and false identities and the broader pro-Lannister politics of the Boltons
, but yeah, as far as character stuff goes, this describes my other concerns perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom