• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Pata

both versions are the same price but the ps4 version comes with the soundtrack on disc and a booklet, r u havin a giggle m8?
Standard Booklets and soundtrack discs don't fit inside a Vita box (unless they reduce its size ofc), and Badland's physical releases usually come with everything inside the retail box. Plus, haven't we got told that Vita cartridges are more expensive to make than PS4 discs?

After all, given how Vita's situation on the west, we should be glad that it's getting a physical release on Vita, they could have skipped it like they did with OlliOlli, or else, we could have gotten a LRG release...

incpdo

I will not abandon my Vita but im waiting for E3 to see what the switch has to offer , I do need to buy like 40 more games or so for this console .
from the top of my head

Darkest Dungeon
Organ Trail
Adventures of mana
World of Final Fantasy
Oceanhorn
Deception 4
Grand Kingdom
Utawarerumono
yomawari
Akiba's Beat (despite awful reception)
Shu
Toukiden 2
Ys Origins
Deemo
Dj Max Technika tune
Neon Chrome
Garou Mark of the wolves
Root Letter
Trails of cold steel 2
Attack on Titan
Berserk
Fate Exile
Shiren
Unepic
Assasin's Creed Chronicles
Darius Burst
A boy and his blob
Valkyrie Drive
Caligula
Salt n Sanctuary
Nonary games
Shantae half genie
Steins Gate
Steins Gate 0
Blaz Blue Chronophantasma extend
Summon Night 6
God Wars
Dragon Quest Builder

So these are not all of them but almost, of course i plan to buy most of them in sales , the ones that didnt release yet im gonna buy them new probably.
I will try to buy Physical versions of the ones that have one.

Games getting localized which released for Vita in Japan but skipping it over here is like my #1 pet peeve.

Yes, I know, it costs extra money to stick it up on PSN and have a coder insert the text into the game. But all the effort has already been done. The game has been made in the first place. It's being translated for other platforms. Literally it's just a case of getting that text into the already made game and releasing it.

I know Vita is a low-profit platform at this stage, but c'mon. Especially for something like Blue Reflection, where Gust have been building a fanbase on the platform for 5 years; it's a turn-based RPG with life sim elements and cute girls. I know it's not going to sell loads (it won't sell loads anywhere, I can tell you that for free) but there's enough of an audience match to make it worthwhile.

It's another kettle of fish when say, Falcom announce they're skipping Vita for ToCS3. Yes, I was frustrated as hell at first, but I got over it and have come round to the idea that I'll just buy it on PS4. I never really get over it if there's a Vita version in existence, and often just end up importing. Did it with Digimon; did it with Nights of Azure; will do it for Musou Stars etc.

Arthos

Bought a Vita slim with a 16gb memory card and now I'm back! Feels weird coming from a 1000. Buying Ys later today!

I'm not expecting much at E3 for the Vita.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Some recent physical pickups. Most are games I already own digitally, some I don't even care for that much. But now, in the platform's glorious twilight, I'm feeling a strong desire to own everything physically.

dk20pV.jpg

Edit: Oops one of these is not like the others

Blue Reflection is coming out September 26...ps4 and steam only.

Absolutely. Lame.

So, Vitafam, any interest in getting a hype campaign to try and get Blue Reflection in the west? Or are we past that? :(

I'm down. Any word on whether or not Asia is getting an English Vita version?

Leaked before, but the releasedate is now official:

https://twitter.com/BadLandGamesINT/status/872109998784040960

Awesome. I've had it on order from amazon.es since it went up as they have Teslagrad in stock for like €12 as well. Debating on whether or not to add the two Tadeo Jones games to the order...

Aokage

How's Badland? JP June PS Plus stuff just dropped and it's the Vita game (on the same day it was released in the JP region no less).

MikeyB

Bought a Vita slim with a 16gb memory card and now I'm back! Feels weird coming from a 1000. Buying Ys later today!

I'm not expecting much at E3 for the Vita.

Where did you get it? Used or new?

I'm looking for a new one, but the only affordable option seems to be trawling Hong Kong electronics stores when I go there to visit relatives.

Aokage

I don't know if it has been said but Shu has been stealth released on the EU stores

I neeeeeds it on the JP store! It looks so damn nice. (Amazingly Japan is actually getting it a week after the US, which has me pretty chuffed. Western indie Vita games are usually months later in Japan, if they come out at all.)

In other news, Play-Asia is already sold out of Velocity 2X.

mollipen

I actually just bitched at Bandai Namco again recently in person about us not having a new Ridge Racer for a while, and even more for never getting Ridge Racer 2 PSP over here. I reminded them there was an English version already, so all they'd have to do is throw it up on the PS Store and let Vita owners (and whatever PSP-only folks remain) download and enjoy it.

I wish they'd listen to me. :(

milkham

I got my JOETSU pch-1000 grip today, first impressions:

1) Instantly feels better than the stupid batarang thing I had been using previously

2) rear buttons feel pretty good

3) I have no confidence in these hinges or the clips holding the top to the bottom.

35124677086_ed41ce3884_c.jpg

35164489295_39d7275cb6_z.jpg

35124676656_8852f6f913_c.jpg

35125129206_7b805daaef_c.jpg

34320039694_c959c0704b_c.jpg

35125128546_cb45544321_c.jpg

Excellent review . The potential was there , plus this was and seems it will be the last Ridge Racer game to keep the original gameplay.

Thanks! I'm sure they'll try again with this gameplay in future. I am disappointed we didn't get a more decent effort on Vita, but between this and Ridge Racer (PSP) I'm at least covered on the handheld.

I actually just bitched at Bandai Namco again recently in person about us not having a new Ridge Racer for a while, and even more for never getting Ridge Racer 2 PSP over here. I reminded them there was an English version already, so all they'd have to do is throw it up on the PS Store and let Vita owners (and whatever PSP-only folks remain) download and enjoy it.

I wish they'd listen to me. :(

Never understood why Ridge Racer 2 isn't on PSN. There's even a demo of it on the PSP store, which isn't compatible with Vita I believe.

mollipen

Never understood why Ridge Racer 2 isn't on PSN. There's even a demo of it on the PSP store, which isn't compatible with Vita I believe.

It went to the same place that Phantasy Star Online 2 went. (I was getting "we're going to be shipping out a beta copy to you soon" from Sega PR for a while until everything just went quiet).

Aokage

I got my JOETSU pch-1000 grip today, first impressions:

1) Instantly feels better than the stupid batarang thing I had been using previously

2) rear buttons feel pretty good

3) I have no confidence in these hinges or the clips holding the top to the bottom.

Glad you like it. It feels perfect, but I've had two of them break at the hinges. Be... very careful with it, and considering investing in the carry case designed specifically for it if you ever plan on taking it anywhere.

Can't believe there are 3 of these (and that I own all of them)...

It's also kind of Focus giving the finger to all those pubs who don't bother porting their games to Vita, and claim retail is dead for the platform.

It's also kind of Focus giving the finger to all those pubs who don't bother porting their games to Vita, and claim retail is dead for the platform.

I was pretty shocked when 18 was announced. Good for them. I'll likely pick that one up at some point.

Would've liked it if they could've brought a few more of their titles to Vita while it was still viable though. Stuff like Bound by Flame, as much as it got slated I'd have played it on the handheld.

Aokage

Say, has anyone in the US received Signature's Slain? It seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time...

milkham

Glad you like it. It feels perfect, but I've had two of them break at the hinges. Be... very careful with it, and considering investing in the carry case designed specifically for it if you ever plan on taking it anywhere.

I tried searching for one yesterday with no luck unfortunately

It's been available in "English" through importing for 2 years now. We would not get this game on Vita here without things needing to be changed, which people who like these kind of games would be against. For people who wanted this uncensored on Vita, there is already an option.

I'd probably suggest against anyone making a thread for this announcement as well, because it would not be long for this world.

yaffi

Well, of course. But technically it wasn't available in the west before. Also I'd've liked it to be on US/EU PSN.

Ha, yeah. That's why I posted it in here.

Well shit, I was considering importing that too. I mean is i do get it I'll have to import anyways since my laptop probably won't even be able to run the PC version.

Aokage

Say, does anyone know what exactly the story behind this is?

Does the package actually contain two Vita cards, or are both games on one card?

Arthos

Where did you get it? Used or new?

I'm looking for a new one, but the only affordable option seems to be trawling Hong Kong electronics stores when I go there to visit relatives.

Used.

I haven't really seen any new Vita's available around me and I just wanted something cheap for now.

Went to a local GS and impulse bought Utawarerumono. Any impressions?

Takao

Banned

There's actually four Farming Simulators on Vita. The first was self-published by Giants Software as a PSN-exclusive.

Ramune

Had two people I know pick up Vitas randomly (one a good friend of mine online; the other, a co-worker, whibwas pretty adamant on getting one just to waste time on). I remember the PSP had some stragglers I know of that picked that up around this time in its life. ^_^;

Are both updated versions of the games?

I believe so, at least there was no update when I checked my copy. But I couldn't verify if the invasion levels were present for Legends, since it creates a new save game and those levels open up once you make it a ways through the game...

Top Bottom