• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Cosmic Star Heroine update - got the file size down AND I got our RAM usage down as well. Like for example, I had accidentally set our cutscene audio to preload instead of stream so that was wasting a bunch of RAM. Thought I might have to load/unload the main menu as needed (which would add some load time to that), but it looks like that won't be necessary. Not enough RAM was the main issue stopping the Vita release and I think I've solved that, so next week, I'll be going through the entire game on Vita to make sure everything works right.

If I don't run into any difficult-to-fix last minute bugs, I should be able to submit the game to Sony for release very soon. :)

maouvin

Cosmic Star Heroine update - got the file size down AND I got our RAM usage down as well. Like for example, I had accidentally set our cutscene audio to preload instead of stream so that was wasting a bunch of RAM. Thought I might have to load/unload the main menu as needed (which would add some load time to that), but it looks like that won't be necessary. Not enough RAM was the main issue stopping the Vita release and I think I've solved that, so next week, I'll be going through the entire game on Vita to make sure everything works right.

If I don't run into any difficult-to-fix last minute bugs, I should be able to submit the game to Sony for release very soon. :)

Cheers! :D

Olengie

Then LRG release afterwards right? ;D

N° 2048

omfg hype

! :D

deadfolk

Nice - thanks for the update!

Pata

Or, or a full wide release that I don't have to be up and online right at the exact moment it goes up at to have a chance to secure a copy of for. :3
It was one of the first games confirmed to have a LRG release (sorry). Plus, this game wouldn't sell well at retail imo.

It was one of the first games confirmed to have a LRG release (sorry). Plus, this game wouldn't sell well at retail imo.

Yeah I know, just joking around and being a dick. I'm super happy for every physical release and have only missed a couple of the LRG things because of timing.

Anyone else having problem with the store? Is there a maintenance? The status website says they're all green (unless noone updates this shit) and this says nothing about any maintenance.

Tried both webstore (JP, HK, US, too) and Vita store (JP).

The account website gives me a Access Denied, too.

Edit: Apparently, it's DDoS attack blocking related. >___>
I guess that makes sense considering I got banned on some irc networks a few days ago. Some guy on the same IP I have probably is part of a botnet or something.

joe2187

Banned
I got my JOETSU pch-1000 grip today, first impressions:

1) Instantly feels better than the stupid batarang thing I had been using previously

2) rear buttons feel pretty good

3) I have no confidence in these hinges or the clips holding the top to the bottom.

I have the one for the 2000....but Im having trouble trying to use it. I cant map any buttons to the rear touchpad for some reason....or I dont know how to...

incpdo

Day one for me , hope you can solve the memory issues.

Olengie

Vita Collection so far. Plus some anime blu-rays.

Games that don't have boxart is Supremacy MMA, Hyperdimension Neptunia R2, Army Corps of Hell, and Dragon's Crown. Super Monkey Ball is there but it got cut out. lol

Latest article finished - one of my series looking at a publisher's output on Vita over the years. This time around, Ubisoft!

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/06/12/a-history-of-vita-games-spotlight-on-ubisoft/

Thanks, will read later!

Ubisoft did some amazing things on the Vita. Until the chinese PS4 version of Child of Light, the Vita one was the only physical release to get. Or that amazing Rayman bundle, with both games on one cartridge. Ubiart engine games in general were phenomenal on the Vita. Sadly they never brought Valiant Hearts to the plattform.

Might as well post here too:

Strange request, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I have a silicone gel cover for my OLED Vita that's a bit like this one (but black):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Mobile-P...rotector-Protective-Rubber-Bumper/B00GLBZ444/

It's fine, but when I'm using the Vita I find it isn't fitted very tightly and tends to slide around so I have to keep re-adjusting it - particularly if I'm lying on my side where it just doesn't fit very well.

I recently bought this silicone cover for my LCD Vita:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QXWS8RG/

The thing fits really snugly and doesn't move at all so it's perfect for playing on.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any covers I could get for the OLED that would fit a bit better? I've tried plastic covers, but I find they just attract a load of dust underneath that you can't get out without dismantling the whole thing.

joe2187

Banned
Undertale

DCKZVfCVoAAMTy1.jpg

Ventara

Zero Vita mention at E3 conference. Well, at least we got Undertale.

Not surprised. Only news I expect from Sony regarding Vita is when they discontinue it.

But indeed, Undertale was an amazing get for the Vita. One of my dream Vita games that I never thought would happen.

Takao

Banned
if vita can still get years old western indie meme games
maybe there is still hope for stardew
maybe
probably not
i'll get a new switch color i when it's not $400 CAD

I'm really happy with Undertale comming to Vita! It seems like a good fit for a portable console.
Now to get the physical edition... I think this is going to be hard :p
It's only on fangamer.com right?

Takao

Banned
Bandai Namco has made it painfully obvious that Digimon is their last Vita title. Not even the Japan-only jank anymore. : /

Bandai Namco has made it painfully obvious that Digimon is their last Vita title. Not even the Japan-only jank anymore. : /

What's this based on? Taiko & .hack?

I could see some budget crap still coming out. It's not like they've really announced much on that front for a while.

Takao

Banned
What's this based on? Taiko & .hack?

I could see some budget crap still coming out. It's not like they've really announced much on that front for a while.

Taiko, Academia, .hack, Granzella cancellation.

I fully expected that last one because of what happened to Crows. Academia is a Unity game from the Asterisk War devs, so it would've ran like garbage. .hack stings because Matsuyama is now in the realm of Harada.
Asked about potential PlayStation remakes, Matsuyama said: ”There is a lot of desire for a PS Vita remake [...] of the .hack series."

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2013/04/dot-hack...t-for-future-developments#mvtf5o7Bz8KlHSHB.99

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given CC2 went from pumping out PSP games to never developing a single Vita one, but still, not even a Switch version? Unless those games are getting Square Enix level visual upgrades, that's weak.

18-Volt

At least they're localizing their Vita stuff, Digimon and Accel World vs SAO. Their recent 3DS releases remain unlocalized: DB Heroes 3 and that One piece Arc Sys fighter.

Taiko, Academia, .hack, Granzella cancellation.

I fully expected that last one because of what happened to Crows. Academia is a Unity game from the Asterisk War devs, so it would've ran like garbage. .hack stings because Matsuyama is now in the realm of Harada.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given CC2 went from pumping out PSP games to never developing a single Vita one, but still, not even a Switch version? Unless those games are getting Square Enix level visual upgrades, that's weak.

Academia is the Asterisk War devs? Didn't realise that. Guess they're off Vita then.

I wonder what Artdink are working on.

So seems like there is no european limited edition for Tokyo Xanadu? All the usual stores only have the standard copy for pre-order. And radio silence from Aksys. No offical information, no replys on social media or anywhere else.

I don't know why they even bothering with Europe in the first place if it is such a huge pain in the ass for them. Yes, I can import it without any problems, but if they announce a european release I'd like to purchase and support that instead.

Their communication about that is just terrible to non existent.

Saphirax

So seems like there is no european limited edition for Tokyo Xanadu? All the usual stores only have the standard copy for pre-order. And radio silence from Aksys. No offical information, no replys on social media or anywhere else.

I don't know why they even bothering with Europe in the first place if it is such a huge pain in the ass for them. Yes, I can import it without any problems, but if they announce a european release I'd like to purchase and support that instead.

Par for the course when it comes to Aksys and Europe. Happened with Period Cube and I expect the same to happen with Collar x Malice.

This has been irritating me for weeks now.

Still can't decide whether to import the LE and miss playing on release day or settle for the European standard edition.

i-Jest

This hurts my soul significantly. All the more reason to get Digimon everyone. Let us all support the .Hack//G.U. HD Trilogy as well.

Emalde

Does anybody have that older comic with the little anime girl who goes "Vita is life!", then gets older+jaded and is just playing a bunch of visual novels? I was going to capstone a joke elsewhere with it but it seems to have been lost to the sands of time.

autoduelist

I guess I'm happy that my backlog on Vita is going to last for a very long time, but I'm still kinda sad we're clearly in the 'sundown' phase. I want a Vita 2. I have no intention on getting a Switch, and my brief love affairs with IOS [a couple years ago] and Android [early this year] are both over. I like trophies, I like buttons, I like the Sony ecosystem. And I still have an absolute ton to play [and buy] on my vita... but it's still not enough.

Looking very forward to God Wars, at least, and some others. Not to mention, I have a huge backlog of owned games, and there are still a lot i need to buy [Salt & Sanctuary topping the list after GW].

Question -- How is God Eater Resurrection? I own Soul Sacrifice [played some, really dug it, got side tracked], Ragnarok Odyssey [played some but didn't realize how game breaking the dlc was so quit and need to restart], and Freedom Wars [liked it but got a bit bored at some point, need to go back]... so a) I'm not even sure I actually like hunting games or just want to like them, and b) i've got a bunch already... does God Eater do something new/different? Is Toukiden better?

flohen95

Just started God Wars and it's pretty cool so far. Also expecting to get Operation Babel soon (ordered it together with God Wars and Ultra Street Fighter II for Switch in one of Saturn.de's buy 3 get 1 free deals). A while back, I bought a few 8-card cases for my Vita games, and I thought that those would be enough, but at the rate I'm going, I'll have to order some more soon.

Just started God Wars and it's pretty cool so far. Also expecting to get Operation Babel soon (ordered it together with God Wars and Ultra Street Fighter II for Switch in one of Saturn.de's buy 3 get 1 free deals). A while back, I bought a few 8-card cases for my Vita games, and I thought that those would be enough, but at the rate I'm going, I'll have to order some more soon.

Looking forward to seeing more impressions of God Wars.

Top Bottom