• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Summon Night 6 now has a new placeholder date - August 15.

This game is never coming out.
tumblr_inline_ny2r8y5aCy1qfrihj_400.png

This game is never coming out.

Gamestop has a release date for 7/11.

I seriously hope this game comes out in july, but I won't hold my breath.

I really want to play Saga: scarlet grace, any chance that SE will announce it during E3?

Edit: also, I thought we would see 13 Sentinels this week.

They're showing the old TGS trailer at their booth. Yeah, the almost-2-year-old trailer.

mollipen

Does anybody have that older comic with the little anime girl who goes "Vita is life!", then gets older+jaded and is just playing a bunch of visual novels? I was going to capstone a joke elsewhere with it but it seems to have been lost to the sands of time.

I have no idea what this is, but now I want to see it.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
It might be an old game and whatever but im really excited to play the vita version of this , i have never played the game.

Undertale is an old game like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is an old game.

It might be an old game and whatever but im really excited to play the vita version of this , i have never played the game.

Not sure why it being "old" matters all that much, considering it's only 2 years old at this point. How often do 5+ year old VNs get thrown around in here when it comes to what people want? Or even other indies that came out several years ago and have a fraction of the fanbase that this one does?

I'm amazed they gave the system the time of day, when porting it to just about anything else on the market could have brought in better sales most likely.

autoduelist

Just started God Wars and it's pretty cool so far. Also expecting to get Operation Babel soon (ordered it together with God Wars and Ultra Street Fighter II for Switch in one of Saturn.de's buy 3 get 1 free deals). A while back, I bought a few 8-card cases for my Vita games, and I thought that those would be enough, but at the rate I'm going, I'll have to order some more soon.

How'd you get God Wars so fast? I thought it wasn't out til the 20th.

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/874896065740320768

#PSVita fans would you prefer a port of the free to play PS4 version of Death Tales or a paid spinoff

Go vote for paid version.

I guess I'm happy that my backlog on Vita is going to last for a very long time, but I'm still kinda sad we're clearly in the 'sundown' phase. I want a Vita 2. I have no intention on getting a Switch, and my brief love affairs with IOS [a couple years ago] and Android [early this year] are both over. I like trophies, I like buttons, I like the Sony ecosystem. And I still have an absolute ton to play [and buy] on my vita... but it's still not enough.

I'm kinda in the same boat, except I am intending to get a Switch eventually. But I'm less enthused about that ecosystem than I am about Vita.

I've said this for a while, but what I've loved most about Vita has been the heritage. It's a platform I can play Spyro the Dragon on; then play Jak & Daxter later; then play Tearaway. Or I can play Wild ARMs; pop in Ys for a bit then finish on Atelier. Syphon Filter and Metal Gear Solid are there. All these games I grew up playing.

Switch is never going to be able to replicate that. It can fill the Japanese gaming niche, alongside select third-party western games (just like Vita), but I don't have the history with Nintendo that I have with Sony.

Works for my wallet. It only disappoints me because I'd hoped Gaijinworks would've been working on something else by now.

flohen95

Or they got a review copy.
Ha, I wish!
How'd you get God Wars so fast? I thought it wasn't out til the 20th.
It comes out in Europe on the 16th. It's not inconceivable someone could have received it a few days early.
Yup. I ordered this at the start of the month. Preorders weren't included in the sale, but God Wars was listed as available (but with an estimated delivery time of 16 weeks), so I just tried using it as part of the buy 3 get 1 free sale, and it worked. I then got a shipping confirmation for the game on the 9th, and a "ready for pickup" notice yesterday, which is when I went to the store and got it. I assume the data they had for the games release was wrong (since, again, I shouldn't actually have been able to get it as part of the sale), possibily from a previous release date, which is why they sent it out as soon as they had it in their hands. But maybe they just didn't care. Who knows.
Looking forward to seeing more impressions of God Wars.
I'm horrible at giving impressions, but let me try:
I haven't had all that much time to play yet (I'm on the fourth map), so I can't comment too much on intricate gameplay systems or the story (although I think it's interesting so far). I think the game looks charming, and I appreciate that you can change the camera from an isometric perspective to a more traditional one (more akin to Fire Emblem), because I usually struggle with isometric grid-based games. There's also 4 zoom levels, the only thing missing really in terms of overview options is a top-down perspective (unless I missed that).
The game is a bit on the slow side in terms of movement/animations, but there's an option to skip animations altogether (which I have not used yet). Sadly, it doesn't seem like you can skip/fast-forward animations on the fly like you can in Disgaea/modern Fire Emblem. But that's a minor inconvenience at most.
Load times are on the long side, especially on game start-up. It takes 1:20 minutes to get from starting the game to the title screen, and that's not on the first start-up. Loading from the title screen into a save game (and onto the game's main map) takes about 5 seconds, but loading into a map/story scene from there takes 20 to 25 seconds. I personally think it's fine, especially past starting the game, but I just wanted to mention it. This is all using a physical copy, of course.
I do like the voice acting so far (although I'm easily pleased in that regard), however, in scenes where there's a voice file playing without any other sounds or music, I noticed a light buzzing noise and a click at the end of individual voice files, which could be distracting for some people. This is all with the English voices, I have not used the Japanese voice option.
The general gameplay is roughly comparable to Disgaea. Height and positioning affects attack strength and hit rates. There are 3 classes per character, main, sub, and unique. main and sub classes can be freely set. Each class can level up to unlock more class options. Each class also gets job points, which you can use to level up and unlock skills on the class's skill tree. The points are not shared between classes, and main classes earn more JP than sub classes, which in turn earn more than unique classes. Turns are taken on a per-character basis, with the characters' speed influcening the turn order. So no strict enemy turns a la Fire Emblem.

So, yeah. I really like the games's aesthetics, and I'm having fun with the gameplay and the story so far. I'd say that if you like Strategy RPGs, you'll like this one. I don't see why you wouldn't.

Oh, and heads up, there's a 873 mb patch that adds a voice change option (and presumably voice files) and fixes some bugs. I know some people are short on storage space with their Vitas, so keep that in mind.

Ha, I wish!

Yup. I ordered this at the start of the month. Preorders weren't included in the sale, but God Wars was listed as available (but with an estimated delivery time of 16 weeks), so I just tried using it as part of the buy 3 get 1 free sale, and it worked. I then got a shipping confirmation for the game on the 9th, and a "ready for pickup" notice yesterday, which is when I went to the store and got it. I assume the data they had for the games release was wrong (since, again, I shouldn't actually have been able to get it as part of the sale), possibily from a previous release date, which is why they sent it out as soon as they had it in their hands. But maybe they just didn't care. Who knows.

I'm horrible at giving impressions, but let me try:
I haven't had all that much time to play yet (I'm on the fourth map), so I can't comment too much on intricate gameplay systems or the story (although I think it's interesting so far). I think the game looks charming, and I appreciate that you can change the camera from an isometric perspective to a more traditional one (more akin to Fire Emblem), because I usually struggle with isometric grid-based games. There's also 4 zoom levels, the only thing missing really in terms of overview options is a top-down perspective (unless I missed that).
The game is a bit on the slow side in terms of movement/animations, but there's an option to skip animations altogether (which I have not used yet). Sadly, it doesn't seem like you can skip/fast-forward animations on the fly like you can in Disgaea/modern Fire Emblem. But that's a minor inconvenience at most.
Load times are on the long side, especially on game start-up. It takes 1:20 minutes to get from starting the game to the title screen, and that's not on the first start-up. Loading from the title screen into a save game (and onto the game's main map) takes about 5 seconds, but loading into a map/story scene from there takes 20 to 25 seconds. I personally think it's fine, especially past starting the game, but I just wanted to mention it. This is all using a physical copy, of course.
I do like the voice acting so far (although I'm easily pleased in that regard), however, in scenes where there's a voice file playing without any other sounds or music, I noticed a light buzzing noise and a click at the end of individual voice files, which could be distracting for some people. This is all with the English voices, I have not used the Japanese voice option.
The general gameplay is roughly comparable to Disgaea. Height and positioning affects attack strength and hit rates. There are 3 classes per character, main, sub, and unique. main and sub classes can be freely set. Each class can level up to unlock more class options. Each class also gets job points, which you can use to level up and unlock skills on the class's skill tree. The points are not shared between classes, and main classes earn more JP than sub classes, which in turn earn more than unique classes. Turns are taken on a per-character basis, with the characters' speed influcening the turn order. So no strict enemy turns a la Fire Emblem.

So, yeah. I really like the games's aesthetics, and I'm having fun with the gameplay and the story so far. I'd say that if you like Strategy RPGs, you'll like this one. I don't see why you wouldn't.

Oh, and heads up, there's a 873 mb patch that adds a voice change option (and presumably voice files) and fixes some bugs. I know some people are short on storage space with their Vitas, so keep that in mind.

If that patch is a necessity for JP voices, then it's a pass for now. My memory cards are all full.

Thank you for the impressions. Just finished my playthroughs of the last 3DS Fire Emblems and I just need more SRPG. Received my LE today (Germany) and I hope I will enjoy it, I already love the graphics.

That D1 patch is annoying, though. I already thought it would have one due the many delays the game had. But it could be worse.

Newses. In this video, someone from Devolver Digital says "We're seriously thinking of bringing a game to Vita this summer... but we're not ready to announce it just yet"

Wonder what it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKlkrvoDVtI

Screenshot of Count Lucanor on Vita:

https://twitter.com/RatalaikaGames/status/875013379651497984

Banner Saga on the Vita version:

https://twitter.com/BannerSaga/status/875012442912432128

We will be providing an update on the status soon.

Rofl

Saphirax

Wonder if that's the reason for the delay (apparently retailer placeholder dates have changed to September).

For some reason I read that reply in a rather ominous tone too.

To be fair, some retailers had it for September since the beginning. IFI hasn't even mentioned the game yet, but they probably will soon.

Ephidel

Apparently there were Mary Skelter Nightmares prequel LNs sold separately in JP; those'll be TL'd & be in-game on Vita (new to ENG version).
4:37 PM · Jun 14, 2017
https://mobile.twitter.com/HDKirin/status/874999173187198977
That tweet won't load for me. Is that an official statement, or someone making assumptions based on viewing a copy of the game?

Because part of the LN is actually in the Japanese version under bonus features, so I'm wondering if they could be confusing that for the whole novel.
There are there are 46 "pages" which unlock as you go through the game (of which I'd unlocked 24 before I got distracted by another game).

Behold, ramblings about sugar.
So yeah, it's the same text (physical novel left, vita right) but there's slightly less text on the vita pages, which is understandable.
As the physical novel has 250 pages (and the vita only has 46) then obviously at some point it cuts off and goes "now go buy the novel for the rest, cheers ^_^"

It would be nice if they included the whole thing but I'd be very surprised if the English version actually includes more than just the preview. I'm just struggling to see them going through the effort of translating the entire novel and coding the extra text into the game.

Saphirax

That tweet won't load for me. Is that an official statement, or someone making assumptions based on viewing a copy of the game?

Because part of the LN is actually in the Japanese version under bonus features, so I'm wondering if they could be confusing that for the whole novel.

There are there are 46 "pages" which unlock as you go through the game (of which I'd unlocked 24 before I got distracted by another game).

Behold, ramblings about sugar.

So yeah, it's the same text (physical novel left, vita right) but there's slightly less text on the vita pages, which is understandable.
As the physical novel has 250 pages (and the vita only has 46) then obviously at some point it cuts off and goes "now go buy the novel for the rest, cheers ^_^"

It would be nice if they included the whole thing but I'd be very surprised if the English version actually includes more than just the preview. I'm just struggling to see them going through the effort of translating the entire novel and coding the extra text into the game.

He said he "had a closed appointment" that let him view the game so I'm not sure.

Tohsaka

I hope Mary Skelter doesn't get pushed back to September, it's already packed with Ys 8, Blue Reflection, Danganronpa (probably) and Utawarerumono.

mollipen

I talked to the IFI folks here at E3. All of the Mark Skelter VN pages that I guess had to be obtained through various sources are indeed all there in the NA version.

Ettie

Hi Vita fans, this is the thread that seems to have the most consistent action, hoping someone can answer a question.

Are Vitas still in production? I've been keeping an eye on the JP vitas (glacier white, please) and all of the retailers on amazon seem to have limited stock lately. I don't want to wait too long to jump in and lose out.

Ventara

Hi Vita fans, this is the thread that seems to have the most consistent action, hoping someone can answer a question.

Are Vitas still in production? I've been keeping an eye on the JP vitas (glacier white, please) and all of the retailers on amazon seem to have limited stock lately. I don't want to wait too long to jump in and lose out.

Sony hasn't officially said anything, afaik, other than the Vita being a legacy console, but shortages began last year and it's just been getting harder to find one. Most people believe it indeed has been discontinued, so yeah, I'd jump on one now if I were you.

Ventara

I talked to the IFI folks here at E3. All of the Mark Skelter VN pages that I guess had to be obtained through various sources are indeed all there in the NA version.

Almost missed this. I was on the edge on this game, but them going the extra mile like this has convinced me to pick it up day 1.

Aokage

Say, I've been too busy to look at E3 news, but I know Bloodstained was playable. Do we know if anyone asked IGA about the Vita version?

takoyaki

Hey VitaGAF, thought some of you might be interested in the GAF LRG VOTE going on right now in the Limited Run Games Thread.

LRG are actively looking for games to localize, have a great track-record of supporting the Vita and they have asked for feedback/suggestions.

This could be a rare opportunity to get some Vita games localized that never seemed possible, so make your voices heard!

Vote ends tomorrow!

DreamDere

Neo Member
My picks
1) Strange of Sword City Revisited
2)Luminous Arc INFINITY
3)Dungeon Travelers 2-2 Yamiochi no Otomo to Hajimari no Sho

Dreams games
1)Date A Live (ps vita)
2)Reco Love Blue Ocean
3)Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution [The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter

Edit ops wrong thread

Aokage

Hey, Level 5 are supporting Vita after all!

(I think this clearly shows that Comcept weren't paying Engine Software for the MN9 port, lol).

The pathetic thing is I will buy it and feel desperately ashamed, because
fc2blog_20150905121349fc0.jpg
is already on my Vita and such an infinitely better game.

Ekid

Any news about Root Double on Vita from Sekai Project (or any of their others vn supposed to come to the platform) ?

Are they competing with Gaijinworks for the longest QA ever ?

I know it's unusual to ask about one of the few major Western Vita titles, but is Uncharted: Golden Abyss any good?

I've had it since I got my first Vita but never played it. Wondering if it's worth clearing the memory card space for.

Aokage

I know it's unusual to ask about one of the few major Western Vita titles, but is Uncharted: Golden Abyss any good?

I've had it since I got my first Vita but never played it. Wondering if it's worth clearing the memory card space for.

It's a tech showcase, that's for sure. If you're a fan of the series, it's probably worth the $15 or whatever you'd be paying for it. Don't go in expecting Naughty Dog quality writing, or anything, but for a launch title... Wow, it sure blew my mind back in the day.

If you've already got it installed, absolutely you should play it. It's a fun adventure.

Any news about Root Double on Vita from Sekai Project (or any of their others vn supposed to come to the platform) ?

Best not to expect anything with Sekai Project then you can be surprised if something good does happen.

Cornbread78

Yeah, let's not bother. Grisaia, Clannad, Rewrite.... Where?

Narcissu was clearly announced for a 2017 PS4/Vita launch, but nothing has been scene or heard of it since...

I just picked up a slim for $75 with a 8gb card. I sold off my OLED model a few months ago because I got a REALLY good sale price for it. Very impressed with its design, and without the OLED screen to compare the 'inferior' LCD screen doesn't faze me. I like being able to use my note 4 charger since I carry that with me daily. Doesn't have quite the 'premium' feel of the OG model but it's pretty sleek and light.

Ephidel

Whoa, damn son.
Almost missed this. I was on the edge on this game, but them going the extra mile like this has convinced me to pick it up day 1.
Yeah, I see myself doing the same. Cheers to E3 Deals.

Wait, what. I'm reading that answer they gave Mollipen completely different to the rest of you.

"All of the Mark Skelter VN pages that I guess had to be obtained through various sources are indeed all there in the NA version."

I read that as "All of the Mary Skelter pages [that are already in the game] that had to be obtained through various sources [as you go through the game] are indeed all there [we haven't removed them]"

Not as "All of the Mary Skelter pages [from the novel] that had to be obtained through various sources [the physical LN] are indeed all there [have been added]"

The rest of the LN isn't exactly "various sources" to gather other pages from, after all, it's a source, unless they're talking about the serialised stories too, but even so, I think if they were they'd actually say so properly.

I don't think they're going the extra mile, I think they're just translating the content that's already there - as you would expect them to.
I think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think the whole LN will be in there. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'll be seriously surprised if I am.

Ventara

Wait, what. I'm reading that answer they gave Mollipen completely different to the rest of you.

"All of the Mark Skelter VN pages that I guess had to be obtained through various sources are indeed all there in the NA version."

I read that as "All of the Mary Skelter pages [that are already in the game] that had to be obtained through various sources [as you go through the game] are indeed all there [we haven't removed them]"

Not as "All of the Mary Skelter pages [from the novel] that had to be obtained through various sources [the physical LN] are indeed all there [have been added]"

The rest of the LN isn't exactly "various sources" to gather other pages from, after all, it's a source, unless they're talking about the serialised stories too, but even so, I think if they were they'd actually say so properly.

I don't think they're going the extra mile, I think they're just translating the content that's already there - as you would expect them to.
I think you're setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think the whole LN will be in there. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'll be seriously surprised if I am.

I don't think they would describe the VN pages just from the game as "various sources." That would be some really poor wording if that's what they meant.

You may still be right, as I find it hard to believe myself. I guess I'll look for further clarification until the game releases.

Olengie

Don't expect anything from Sekai Project besides promises. It'll be a miracle if they ever release the promised Vita ports even if you take the LRG partnership into account

Top Bottom