• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Western RPGs

spritex

Divine Divinity 2 looks very pleasing there.

I quite liked the first one, I didn't know that they are going 3D.

(Beyond Divinity I quit in the middle, it was just boring somehow.)

devilscallmedad said:
I am a really big huge WRPG fans and looking forward to lot of upcoming games

Castaway's first game
another RPG from ex-Blizzard guys
castaway.jpg

Aion
MMORPG developed in newly formed NCSoft Seul Studios
aion.jpg

Not the Time for Dragons
A classic party-centered RPG based on steam-punk fantasy series of novels by he game's based on a novel by popular Russian fantasy writers Nick Perumov and Sergei Lukyanenko.
nvdd.jpg

Hard to be God
Isometric RPG set in world created by Strugacki's brothers. Co-developed by Akella
hard.jpg

Sacred 2
Sequel hack and slash RPG that was propably the best DIablo2-like game(aside from Diablo itself ) ever released. This time Ascaron is making the game in in full 3D
sacred2.jpg

Divine Divinity2
Sequel to one of best action-rpgs ever
t_3.jpg

Dropship
A turn-based SF wargame with RPG elements developed by ex-Troika guys using the Source engine
dropship.jpg

Witcher
Amazing graphics, ambitious gameplay, incredible book license and Bioware's backing
38.jpg

Dragon Age
Bioware next epic
920668_20040518_screen003.jpg

Hellgate: London
A new game from makers of Diablo2
hellgate-london-20050610052948100.jpg

Bioshock
Spiritual successor of the masterpiece that System Shock 2 was.
bioshock.jpg

Overlord
An innovative RPG that turns the fantasy cliche by 180 degrees. In Overlord YOU are the big bad guy, who's goal is to dominate the peaceful land, destroy all that is good and to become " the nastiest bastard around". The game is developed by Triumph Studios(creators of Age of Wonders series,
overlord.jpg

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
Action RPG set in KUF universe
kuf.jpg

Elveon
Unreal Engine 3.0 based RPG from 10Tacle
elv.jpg

Mass Effect
mass-effect-interview-20070119010127888.jpg

Fable 2
1160233706.jpg

QF2P :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Not The Time For Dragons, Hard To Be God, and Divine Divinity 2 all have a nice style about them... Maybe I'll get into PC RPGs one of these days.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ohhh Dropship is sounding and looking sexy!!

More of a question than anything towards Western RPG's: Are the expansions for Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion coming out for the Xbox 360 and/or PS3?

Wow, this game looks gorgeous. The style is downright amazing.
hard.jpg

butsomuch

Atari To Publish The Witcher In The US

ATARI AND CD PROJEKT SIGN PUBLISHING AGREEMENT FOR ‘THE WITCHER’
- Highly Anticipated PC Role-Playing Game Confirmed for Fall 2007 North American Release -

NEW YORK, February 5, 2007 – Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR), one of the world’s most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher, and game developer CD Projekt Sp. z.o.o. today announced that the companies have entered into a publishing agreement for The Witcher, whereby Atari will market and distribute CD Projekt’s upcoming fantasy role-playing game (RPG) throughout North America. The Witcher is scheduled for release on Games for Windows, the new brand optimized for Windows XP and Windows Vista, in North America in Fall 2007.

jarrod said:
Why are there Korean games in a "western RPGs" topic?

Most of the games are by US/Europe devs except Aion which is by a korean developer for the western market and because of the gameplay/art style can be called "western RPG"

jarrod

Banned
devilscallmedad said:
Most of the games are by US/Europe devs except Aion which is by a korean developer for the western market and because of the gameplay/art style can be called "western RPG"
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom is another Korean title (Phantagram/Blueside). Those two might be it... but it was jarring seeing KUF in a "western RPG" thread.

Frenck

Banned
Fallout 3

There are no pretty pictures yet, but I'm sure that the game will stick to its roots, at least visually.

Pellham

Banned
Mass Effect looks great, as soon as the 360 drops in price I am picking one up for it.

I want to play Overlord too, the premise sounds great. Too many cool western RPGs coming out! It's going to be tough finding time to play all or most of these games. :(

Frenck said:
Fallout 3

There are no pretty pictures yet, but I'm sure that the game will stick to its roots, at least visually.

I have my doubts...how can you reproduce the feeling of the isometric visuals without copying them?

KTallguy

Banned
Dropship looks nice but more info needed.

I loved Jagged Alliance but that screenshot is void of any real style... I hope the actual game looks better in motion.

Fallout 3, yea I wish.

firex

After looking over this thread some more, and checking out Sacred, I've got to add Dropship and Sacred 2 to my "interested" list. I don't mind a good hack and slash game at all... hopefully Sacred 2 can nail the multiplayer from the beginning, and if so then it will be awesome. Dropship is something I'm interested in because of the setting and the people making it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
devilscallmedad said:
Here is an interview from the makers of Dropship
http://rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=130

And here are a couple of more screens
http://www.rpgcodex.com/gallery.php?game=dropship

Why Steam... the reason Steam is so fantastic, is because the game can be developed and distributed without any publisher involvement. Laidback will get to keep the IP, which means that the idea and world the game takes place in will still be ours. Laidback can make a great title, put it up there and people can download it for less than they'd pay in the stores. On top of that, Laid Back will only need to sell a very small number of copies to recoup its cost and keep the company going.

Laid Back is going the steam route...

Top Bottom