• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Miker

Okay, I have 405 points left after redeeming for the (fugly, yet somehow desirable) Majora's Mask bag, and I want 700 points to get Star Fox 3D. I plan to register the following to reach that total, but I want to make sure that what I'm doing is right:

405 coins (to start)
+ 60 coins Super Mario 3D World
+ 10 post-play survey
+ 60 coins Wind Waker HD
+ 10 post-play survey
+ 60 coins Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
+ 10 post-play survey
+ 60 coins Pikmin 3
+ 10 post-play survey
+ 15 points from one of these free to play games here
= 700 coins

Is that correct? I'm guessing those four Wii U games give me 60+10=70 coins each, but I'm not 100% sure. If that works out, I'll be registering those remaining games.

Is Star Fox 64 3D really that expensive and rare? I got it for $10 new a year or two ago.

I think so. I posted about that here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150326843&postcount=1652

Gameboy415

Woohoo!
Finally managed to stay logged in long enough to order a Zelda 3DS pouch. :D

Now I just need to see if I can scrounge up enough coins to get Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger. (I'm currently at 215 coins)

Hmm, or I might get the calendar instead if I get enough coins....haha

Was finally able to log in. Im glad I've been saving up my coins. With 1200 I'm on my way to Wonderful 101, Earthbound, and Link to the Past for free!

Roo

I assume the site is still a mess.
I registered 2 more games (both still working) but no coins were added.
What's up with that?

edit: yep, I see them now.
this has been an awful experience.

so many options!

I feel like The Wonderful 101 is worth picking up since I don't already own it and I'm not THAT attached to only owning games with physical retail copies. It's that or three Wii U virtual console games. I feel like that wouldn't be as good of a value if I keep an eye out for virtual console sales in the long run... What do you all think?

Roto13

Just did the registration surveys for Game & Wario, HarmoKnight, and Crosswords Plus, which left me with 220 coins. If I waited for the post plays I'd be able to afford something for 250, but the only 250 coin game I don't have is Chibi Robo Friend Finder and I probably don't want that.

So I bought Golden Sun, an old favourite. Not a bad haul.

Glad I decided to walk all the way to Best Buy and buy it for $10, then. :p

Micken

Banned
So... I've never played a Star Fox game... Should I get Star Fox 64 3D or KI:U? I get the feeling KI:U focuses a lot on the aesthetic (visual and audio), and I've watched a let's play of it, so I'm not sure I'd get that much out of it. What's you guys' opinions?

Elija2

So... I've never played a Star Fox game... Should I get Star Fox 64 3D or KI:U? I get the feeling KI:U focuses a lot on the aesthetic (visual and audio), and I've watched a let's play of it, so I'm not sure I'd get that much out of it. What's you guys' opinions?

Kid Icarus is a much better game with so much more content, but some people have issues with it's controls. That's really the only negative. The flying segments at the beginning of each level are kinda like Starfox, but the on-foot sections are where the game really shines and where most people start getting hand cramps. :p If you think you'll have a problem with the controls then I guess you should get Starfox, but otherwise definitely get Kid Icarus.

SystemUser

I haven't played KI:U, but I played the original Star Fox 64 a lot. I have heard that KI:U controls similar to Liberation Maiden which I find just barely playable. Aiming with on a touch screen while looking at the other screen seems like a bad idea. I would rather that touchscreen worked like trackpad instead of having to try to aim using relative position on a separate screen. To make matters worse for me I am a left hander and uses right handed mouse for PC games. Aiming with style with my right hand feels weird though.

The original Star Fox 64 was a fun arcadey space shooter. It has cool scripted on-rails/tube levels and open flight areas. The controls where really good. I have heard the the 3DS port is pretty good. I just have a hard time paying $40 for a game from two decades ago that I still own and have already played many times over. Otherwise I would own it.

EDIT: I looked it up and it looks like Kid Icarus: Uprising is trackpad-like instead of the the Liberation Maiden screen relative control. That makes it sound way more playable. I still with they would just let me use the Circle Pad Pro. I mean they support the Circle Pad Pro for left handed stick control. They also support using the face buttons to control the cursor. I would totally accept moving Pit with the d-pad and using the Circle Pad Pro to aim. It might make the game too easy though if it was balanced around having bad controls. The controls don't sound as bad as I thought, but they still aren't for me.

Roto13

I haven't played KI:U, but I played the original Star Fox 64 a lot. I have heard that KI:U controls similar to Liberation Maiden which I find just barely playable. Aiming with on a touch screen while looking at the other screen seems like a bad idea. I would rather that touchscreen worked like trackpad instead of having to try to aim using relative position on a separate screen. To make matters worse for me I am a left hander and uses right handed mouse for PC games. Aiming with style with my right hand feels weird though.

The original Star Fox 64 was a fun arcadey space shooter. It has cool scripted on-rails/tube levels and open flight areas. The controls where really good. I have heard the the 3DS port is pretty good. I just have a hard time paying $40 for a game from two decades ago that I still own and have already played many times over. Otherwise I would own it.

It is like a trackpad.

Micken

Banned
Hmmm, you guys are making this hard... I get that everyone love Kid Icarus, but it just doesn't look like my type of game... And I feel like getting Star Fox 64 3D would be a good way for me to decide whether or not to get Star Fox U when it comes out...

*sigh* decisions, decisions... I'm gonna get Star Fox. :p

co1onel

Hmmm, you guys are making this hard... I get that everyone love Kid Icarus, but it just doesn't look like my type of game... And I feel like getting Star Fox 64 3D would be a good way for me to decide whether or not to get Star Fox U when it comes out...

*sigh* decisions, decisions... I'm gonna get Star Fox. :p

If Kid Icarus isn't your kind of game I honestly can't see how Star Fox would be. They feel like similar games to me, especially during KI's flying sections. KI's flying sections alone are probably longer than Star Fox. You can't go wrong with either game though.

Socreges

Banned
That CN code begging thread is a sad place. No givers.

What can I do to get a 60 point code (or something)? I'm 55 points short of Platinum

BIkUQmS.png

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The site seems worse than yesterday. I click on a download and now it takes me to a blank screen :/ Same with the surveys I received today, too. Bad. Just bad. I figured the traffic would be loosened up a bit by now, but nope!

Finally got in, registered some sealed games I had, and hit Platinum. Hopefully StarFox 64 3D will be among the Elite awards. Now what to spent my 450 coins on?

Which of those eShop games provide the meatiest, most polished experience? Looking at Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western, Chibi Robo Photo Finder, Fluidity, and HarmoKnight. None of those genres appeal to me outright, but if any one game screams quality, I wouldn't mind grabbing it for free.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Which of those eShop games provide the meatiest, most polished experience? Looking at Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western, Chibi Robo Photo Finder, Fluidity, and HarmoKnight. None of those genres appeal to me outright, but if any one game screams quality, I wouldn't mind grabbing it for free.

One I have experience with! Well, I haven't actually beat it yet, but it's a fun (but challenging) tower defence game. I'm not that great at those, but I do like playing this one! The real con to this is that once you beat the level, you don't necessarily get to go to the next round/level... There's (I believe) 10 levels with 3 parts each, but if you don't earn enough stars the first time you play a level, you have to keep redoing it until you do. Think I left off on Level 4 and yeah, it took me 2 play throughs of each level to get there! I'm not sure if it HAS to be the previous level you beat, or if you can just beat another to collect more points, but yeah... That's my one big disappointment with it. I wonder if the new one improved in that sense? (Or maybe there's an easier way...)

Platy

Finally got in, registered some sealed games I had, and hit Platinum. Hopefully StarFox 64 3D will be among the Elite awards. Now what to spent my 450 coins on?

Chibi robo is really short.

Harmo Knight takes a long time because there are some evil looking stages if you are not that good with rythm games. But it has pokemon songs ! xD

Didn't played Dillon a lot, but it appears to me that Fluidity is the meatiest. But it is motion control heavy and some people not like that

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Was the Wii Mini really that much of a flub that no one bothers to check if the codes are being used?

zigg

I hope this isn't a sign that they ran out of Fierce Deity Link puzzles. 😄

Code:
DARK LINK PUZZLE - CLUB NINTENDO 	Feb 2, 2015   	XXXXXXX 	0

Might want to hold your horses. I registered two more Wii Minis on extra family accounts, and I've still yet to receive the surveys. Will keep everyone posted, but there is a *chance* that Nintendo wised up.

Real talk though, for those who legitimately own the thing... how is it? Is it as bad as people make it out to be?

zigg

Is there a way to to change my account type? I'm the only person in my "family"
Then you shouldn't be starting a family account.

Family accounts are for those who actually have multiple family members who own the same systems and games as other members of the family.

A good rule of thumb is "if there was an awesome prize we could get with our combined coin total, would there be fights breaking out over who could have it?"

SaviourMK2

Then you shouldn't be starting a family account.

Family accounts are for those who actually have multiple family members who own the same systems and games as other members of the family.

A good rule of thumb is "if there was an awesome prize we could get with our combined coin total, would there be fights breaking out over who could have it?"

it's not like I did it on purpose, I made the account when Club Nintendo first started

Ezalc

Hurray, managed to do all the registrations form the reward games.
Now to wait a week for those post plays.

Thanks for answering the question I was about to ask.

Guess I'll be able to get harmoknight then.

EDIT: If I get gold status and then use my coins to get a reward will I lose the status?

Boss Doggie

Thanks for answering the question I was about to ask.

Guess I'll be able to get harmoknight then.

EDIT: If I get gold status and then use my coins to get a reward will I lose the status?

Nope. You can spend as much as you want. The Gold/Plat counts for coins you total accumulated, not your current.

Ezalc

Nope. You can spend as much as you want. The Gold/Plat counts for coins you total accumulated, not your current.

I presume that also counts for if I didn't get gold status yet, I'm only 10 coins away, but I want to already use the coins to get a reward? So when I get those 10 coins from a post play survey I'll become gold status?

SystemUser

It is like a trackpad.

Is it like a trackpad? I thought it was the same setup as Liberation Maiden? Does the touchscreen move the cursor to the location on the upper screen that corresponds with the same location you touch on the lower screen? Or does the cursor move based on your movements on the on the touch screen and ignore where you touch the lower screen? Can you move the cursor by tapping the screen in different places or do you have to move the stylus to move the cursor?

EDIT: I looked it up and it looks like Kid Icarus: Uprising is trackpad-like instead of the the Liberation Maiden screen relative control. That makes it sound way more playable. I still with they would just let me use the Circle Pad Pro. I mean they support the Circle Pad Pro for left handed stick control. They also support using the face buttons to control the cursor. I would totally accept moving Pit with the d-pad and using the Circle Pad Pro to aim. It might make the game too easy though if it was balanced around having bad controls. The controls don't sound as bad as I thought, but they still aren't for me.

Boss Doggie

I presume that also counts for if I didn't get gold status yet, I'm only 10 coins away, but I want to already use the coins to get a reward? So when I get those 10 coins from a post play survey I'll become gold status?
Yep. Like I said, accumulation.

jbueno

Claimed Wonderful 101 and Earthbound last monday, managed to log in today to find that only W101 gave me registration coins. I guess both will get me post play surveys bonus coins. No complains though since I managed to get Platinum, I hope the rewards are good. Sad to see there´s no bar for 2016 :(

Grym

Claimed Wonderful 101 and Earthbound last monday, managed to log in today to find that only W101 gave me registration coins. I guess both will get me post play surveys bonus coins. No complains though since I managed to get Platinum, I hope the rewards are good. Sad to see there´s no bar for 2016 :(

Yeah, Earthbound doesn't give registration coins. Both should give you 10 coin post play surveys 7 day after purchase though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Does anybody kno how many coins will buying a VC GBC Game on the 3ds will give me?

I'm only 30 coins from getting 300 coins for harmo knight, so I'm thinking about buying Persona Q for all those coins (But I'll have too many coins after it), so maybe if I buy link's awakening i'll get enough coins (but 30 seems a little too much for a VC GBC Game).

I... don't know what else to do (other than get Link's Awakening, but Harmo Knight is more expensive in the eshop).

Ondore

Does anybody kno how many coins will buying a VC GBC Game on the 3ds will give me?

I'm only 30 coins from getting 300 coins for harmo knight, so I'm thinking about buying Persona Q for all those coins (But I'll have too many coins after it), so maybe if I buy link's awakening i'll get enough coins (but 30 seems a little too much for a VC GBC Game).

I... don't know what else to do (other than get Link's Awakening, but Harmo Knight is more expensive in the eshop).

10 coins after a week.

Top Bottom