• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN: Best of E3 Sale + Spend $100 Get $15 Back Promotion

Rymuth

For those of you who need to get to $100, don't forget that the following games have been knocked down to $20

• Bloodborne
  • DriveClub
  • The Last of Us
  • Until Dawn

Such a shame that both Furi and King of Fighters XIV aren't available for pre-order else I'd have jumped on that in a heartbeat.

Mortemis

Banned
For 5 bucks I don't think I can resist not picking up BF4. Loved just jumping in and playing a quick game in BF3. The player count on ps4 is still pretty high so it's a no brainer.

Okay this account won't take my Paypal or my VISA card for some reason.

Can I buy some US pre-paid cards maybe and just use them on the account instead ?

Laws00

I've been wanting to play Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed so bad. I finally bought it for PS3.

This game is so god damn cringy as fuck. It makes me realize how far removed I am from Otaku culture even if this game is a parody.

I just want to know does my character ever
get his figurines? And does he ever become cured of being a Synthister?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hmmm May have to grab Child of Light. Does Tomb Raider Definitive Edition come with any extra features over the old PS3 version?

Hmmm May have to grab Child of Light. Does Tomb Raider Definitive Edition come with any extra features over the old PS3 version?

Pretty sure it just comes with all of the cosmetic DLC. Dunno if there was ever multiplayer DLC (never touched it), but probably that, too? Looks and runs better, for sure.

Did things ever get ironed out with Need for Speed 2015? Looked up the OT and it seems like impressions were pretty negative, but with a lot skewed toward car accuracy (which I don't care about).

Mendrox

Okay this account won't take my Paypal or my VISA card for some reason.

Can I buy some US pre-paid cards maybe and just use them on the account instead ?

Payment methods only work for your current country ala you have a german creditcard? Won't work anywhere except for the german store. Same thing with PayPal. Sucks, but you can easily buy cards for PSN at other places.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
question about GTA V

i'm looking for an open world to mindlessly cruise through / grind for stuff

is GTA V single player good for that? i tried GTA O when it launched on 360 but it was absolute mayhem... i'm looking for a much more chill experience. has GTA O evolved to a point where i can do that without getting blown up all the time? does the SP provide enough opportunity to do that?

thanks!!

What's more fun, Lego Marvel or Disney Infinity 3.0?
Is the Disney game still content heavy without any of the figures/DLC?

I'm almost 100% sure you need figures to play Infinity. The game starts by asking you to plop a figure onto the base, so without those, you're probably out of luck (I think you can buy "digital" figures on the PC/iPad/Android versions for about $4, if you wanted to try those versions out first - Android version seems like a slower, chuggier version of this game from what I played).

So....I'd probably go with Marvel instead. Pretty typical LEGO experience, but it's nice to have a whole bunch of Marvel characters in one place (including the now-forbidden X-Men and Fantastic Four rosters).

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
question about GTA V

i'm looking for an open world to mindlessly cruise through / grind for stuff

is GTA V single player good for that? i tried GTA O when it launched on 360 but it was absolute mayhem... i'm looking for a much more chill experience. has GTA O evolved to a point where i can do that without getting blown up all the time? does the SP provide enough opportunity to do that?

thanks!!

The offline open world is perfect for chilled moments and experiences. You don't have to shoot if you don't want, and if you keep it civil, no one will disturb your peaceful day.
You can bike, do some sports, hike, lol or just cruise with your car of choice through the big world of Los Santos.

Also the single player campaign is pretty awesome and has some great moments, definitely worth playing.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The offline open world is perfect for chilled moments and experiences. You don't have to shoot if you don't want, and if you keep it civil, no one will disturb your peaceful day.
You can bike, do some sports, hike, lol or just cruise with your car of choice through the big world of Los Santos.

Also the single player campaign is pretty awesome and has some great moments, definitely worth playing.

great, exactly what i'm looking for - thanks!

I've been wanting to play Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed so bad. I finally bought it for PS3.

This game is so god damn cringy as fuck. It makes me realize how far removed I am from Otaku culture even if this game is a parody.

I just want to know does my character ever
get his figurines? And does he ever become cured of being a Synthister?
There are multiple endings, in one ending he stays a synth and gets together with vampire girl. I think in the other endings he more or less stays a synth but in one he definitely turns back into a human I think.

.hacked

I fucking hate PSN, crap shoot if my Credit Card works or not and this time after one preorder card is locked out for who the hell knows how long. So now I have to go to amazon and buy a PSN code so I can buy fucking Diablo III. Ugh

I never have this problem with Xbox Live, Steam or iTunes.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Thinking I will be grabbing

Battlefield 4
Shadow of Mordor Complete
Alien: Isolation

All those for $27 sounds like a steal to me.

OCD Guy

I already own a lot of the games on sale unfortunately, however there are a few that are fairly cheap that I'm in two minds about.

The Crew Wild run being one of them, I'd love a Forza Horizon fix (but I no longer own an Xbox), will I get that from the crew or am I crazy?

gazele

Banned
Ended up getting:

Southpark pre-order and stick of truth = $60
Bloodborne = $20
Dragon Age = $6
Need for Speed = $12
Lego Batman 3 = $6

Total: $104

So enough to get the $15 credit

Feel like I did okay

It's kind of strange that there's only 2 first party games in this sale - inFamous and The Order. Both made by developers who didn't show anything new this year at E3.
This would have been a perfect time to put GoW3, Killzone SF, Heavy Rain and Beyond on sale since all those devs have games in the pipeline.
Maybe in a flash sale.

I fucking hate PSN, crap shoot if my Credit Card works or not and this time after one preorder card is locked out for who the hell knows how long. So now I have to go to amazon and buy a PSN code so I can buy fucking Diablo III. Ugh

I never have this problem with Xbox Live, Steam or iTunes.

You really, really, really shouldn't have a credit card or paypal tied to your PSN, steam, or xbox live account. They are heavy targets for hacks, and there is nothing worse than having some random hacker buy hundreds of dollars of games on your account and the nightmare process of trying to reverse it without your account getting banned. Even with 2 factor on my steam account I still don't have a payment tied on it.

I always buy $50 cards for all three services from amazon/gamestop/best buy/ebay/etc and keep a $100+ balance, I trust amazon way, way more with my payment information than the 3 game companies.

Anyways bought Infinite Warfare digital deluxe and Destiny Hearts of Iron, $130 so a little more than I wanted to spend but I already have finished or own all the games on sale. Thought about just getting Infinite Warfare Legacy, but $20 more for season pass seems like a no brainer and you get 1000 black ops 3 points immediately.

OCD Guy

To those who've played both - NFS Rivals or NFS 2015 reboot?

NFS Rivals is more akin to Burnout in my opinion.

I thought it was more fun to play than the 2015 version. To be honest the things most people criticize the 2015 version for such as being online all the time, the FMV sequences etc don't bother me.

In terms of core gameplay i.e the races themselves I personally find rivals more fun. My main issue with rivals was the frustration when the police would chase you while you had racked up a crap load of points only to lose them when they'd take you out.

Graphically obviously 2015 looks better, but I wish they had included daytime as opposed to night and just before night lol.

Toki767

Rise of Iron Expansion - $29.99
Megadimension Neptunia VII - $11.99
Akiba's Trip - $14.99
Superbeat Xonic - $11.99
Shadow of Mordor GOTY - $9.99
LEGO Batman 3 - $5.99
Battlefield Hardline - $4.79
Omega Quintet - $3.99

Total so far: $93.72

I need 1 more game but I don't know what.

Snaku

Banned
Akiba's Trip - $14.99
Superbeat Xonic - $11.99
LEGO Batman 3 - $5.99
Omega Quintet - $3.99

Dragon Age

curb

Banned
I'm almost 100% sure you need figures to play Infinity. The game starts by asking you to plop a figure onto the base, so without those, you're probably out of luck (I think you can buy "digital" figures on the PC/iPad/Android versions for about $4, if you wanted to try those versions out first - Android version seems like a slower, chuggier version of this game from what I played)..

You are correct. The PSN version requires the USB base and at least one figure to play even the basic features. It's really just an upgrade path for people who bought a previous version and didn't want a starter pack to get the new base game.

I got Lego Marvel, Lego Batman, Unravel, Superbeat Xonic, The Order, and the Mega Man Collection. Under $50. Insane deals, man. I guess I will go with a year of PS Plus to get me over $100.

Rymuth

Akiba's Trip - $14.99
Superbeat Xonic - $11.99
LEGO Batman 3 - $5.99
Omega Quintet - $3.99

Siren

I'm going to wait until this weekend to pull the trigger in case a flash sale hits, but I'm looking at a pretty darn good haul to get to $100.

I just got a PS4 camera and wanted to get a couple of family games, so I'll grab Rabbids Invasion and Just Dance 2015.

Otherwise, I'm looking at:
Lego Batman 3
Lego Marvel
Assassin's Creed IV
Darksiders II
Need for Speed Rivals
Legend of Kay
NHL 16
Bloodborne

Throw in a Rock Band song or two, and I'm over $100. With the $15 I get back, I'll buy Cosmic Star Heroine.

That's a lot of frickin' gaming for $100.

Top Bottom