• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Promotion: Spend $100, Get $15 Back. October 1 - 28

This combined with the PSN credit I bought at 25% off from Target means I might actually buy Driveclub. Maybe. If it doesn't suck. Not sure what else I want, though. Tales of Hearts R would be an obvious one but it sounds like that's coming in November and I highly doubt there will be a pre-order.

Megatron

I will never understand why people pre order these completely non refundable digital games. Its so bad for the consumer.

RPGCrazied

I always miss these deals. I've spend hundreds of dollars over the past months, yet I never seem to get in on the free credit programs. Sucks.

Lucky for you you can just make a US account and buy US PSN cards and get cheaper pricing on games and promotions like these.

The problem is missing all the Plus discounts which are damn near mandatory in some sales, because you need a US credit card to have a US Plus account.

maouvin

Buying games launching on the 28th will still count, right?

The problem is missing all the Plus discounts which are damn near mandatory in some sales, because you need a US credit card to have a US Plus account.

?

I have a US account with PS+ and don't even have a cc attached.

maouvin

Did you buy it as a code or did you use PSN funds to get it? It complained that I need to enter credit card info to redeem a 30 day code.

Ah yes, those 30-day codes demands a credit card indeed, forgot about that.

I always used either 1-year cards (digital codes from amazon or bestbuy) or bought with PSN funds.

Eusis

I hope they do honor at least 9/30 purchases. It's kind of bullshit to launch stuff then go 'lol no next day matters.' Though I only got the DSII DLC, it'd still be nice in case I get close to $100 and it'd push me over.

ohhh for fucks sake i should've bought mordor a day later from its release along with driveclub :/

but then i wouldn't have been able to pre-load mordor and enjoy the shit out of it since midnight launch >_>

Great Guy

I will never understand why people pre order these completely non refundable digital games. Its so bad for the consumer.

I just said this in my head, then realized that I totally want to preorder Bloodborne, because there is no way i'm not getting that game digitally, despite it being 5months away. So if it happens to get me a 15 dollar credit before October is over, then hooray!

Pre-ordered the digital versions of Alien Isolation and The Evil Within today. I'll use that $15 promo towards Far Cry 4 or possibly a season pass for either Alien Isolation, The Evil Within or Shadow of Mordor. I'm not too excited for The Evil Within but I have faith that Shinji Mikami will deliver a great horror game.

Sorry, in advance, for the (probably) dumb question. When they say "trough 28" and "ends 28/10", is the 28th day included?

Thinking about getting Dragon Age and Lords of the Fallen, if the last is actually good as previews are saying. The problem is that the game releases in October 28, and I would like to wait for the reviews to get it, so thats the reason for my earlier question.

I would use the 15U$ for the Isaac Rebirth!! \o/

Vestax

Banned

Very true. Biggest winners are publishers and developers. Less used copies floating around.

That being said, I only purchase digitally games that I know I won't get rid of...TLOU, TItanfall, Infamous, BF4 and now Driveclub.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can you actually buy anything and make it count towards those $100? Their site here says "Third party application purchases are excluded"
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/en-ca/store-credit

So it only works on Driveclub and preordering future Sony games? Then on the other hand, when you click on the promotion link in PS4 store, all kinds of 3rd party games are listed, so I assume it should mean it works for 3rd party stuff as well?

gdt

Boom, The Evil Within and Lords of the Fallen (if it gets decent buzz here). If not Lords, then I'll just preorder Dragon Age.

Einbroch

Banned
Can you actually buy anything and make it count towards those $100? Their site here says "Third party application purchases are excluded"

So it only works on Driveclub and preordering future Sony games? Then on the other hand, when you click on the promotion link in PS4 store, all kinds of 3rd party games are listed, so I assume it should mean it works for 3rd party stuff as well?

Third party applications.

Netflix subscriptions, MLB games, whatever. Stuff you don't purchase through the Sony store. Third party games are part of this promotion.

TheBear

There's something seriously wrong with me. I spend $15 on lunch everyday and here I am getting the shits about buying Driveclub too early and planning how I can get the free $15 by buying games I'm not even interested in.

I just bought a Soul Sacrifice Delta code on Amazon because I happened to be shopping there anyway. I used the code. Does it count based on what I redeemed with my code or should I have just added 35$ to my PSN account?

It's not as if I plan to spend 100$ on PSN this month but it could happen maybe.

gdt

Let's break down my reasons.

I'm spoiled with digital. It's so freaking convenient to have it all there. Getting up to switch a disc is archaic.

I rarely trade in games.

Recently, I've started game sharing with my brother, so we split the cost. That lessens the pain of a lack of a hypothetical trade in.

I still do physical sometimes. But for games that I know I won't get rid of, I'll do digital.

In terms of preordering, I'll only preorder something I'm pretty sure I'll love. Even then there isn't a reason to preorder, except with the Evil Within I get a few bucks off right now.

It means if you buy a digital movie through Amazon Instant Video, that doesn't apply towards the $100.

Amory

so this isn't just full games right? If I were to preorder the Destiny season pass that counts?

Coño!! I bought Shadow of Mordor just before midnight on 9/30. Wish prices would start to drop more often on PSN. Sony is failing us in this regard.

Too bad I preordered DriveClub last week.

Still hoping for GTAV before the 28th. I can order that with Project Cars if it's up or Bloodborne.

Tizoc

How do we redeem this, I just bought ps plus, does that count toward this?

Did you buy 1 year of Plus from the PS Store or webstore-
store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
?
If yes, you just need to buy more stuff worth $50. If not...that Plus doesn't count

To avail for this offer you must buy stuff from the PS Store and their total must be $100 by the 28th of October then in November you will get a code for $15 to add to your PS account

taizuke

Had they gone with the "spend $50 get $10" deal then i would've bought some stuff. But, i'm not gonna spend that much just to get $15. In fact, i don't think i'm gonna spend anything at all this month (PS store-wise).

It's a great deal for people who were already planning on spending that amount, though.

Tizoc

You can check how much you've spent since October 1st through this website
SonyEntertainmentNetwork.com

Log into your account through it, then click on Transaction History. Set the dates so it starts from Oct 1st.

Also it would be safe to buy a little over $100, try to get an avatar for example.

Omiee

so if i already have 45$ in my wallet and i add 75$ and i buy 2 games ( NBA 2K15 and Unity ) will i get 15$ in my psn wallet or what?

or should i redeem a 100$ code to be elligeble.

AndyD

aka andydumi
so if i already have 45$ in my wallet and i add 75$ and i buy 2 games ( NBA 2K15 and Unity ) will i get 15$ in my psn wallet or what?

or should i redeem a 100$ code to be elligeble.

That's what I want to know. I already had near $100 in the wallet. Do I need to just spend it, or actually deposit $100 AND spend it?

jonezer4

Yep had $40 in my wallet when this deal started. No clue if I have to spend $140 now.

The phrasing "Spend $100 USD using your SEN Wallet, you'll receive $15 USD credit..." sounds pretty clear to me like the only determining factor would be "Did $100 come out of your wallet?" Regardless of when it went in.

I would hope if that's not the case, they would say something like, "Deposit and spend $100 from your SEN Wallet"...

Top Bottom