• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA CHALLENGES JAPAN TO GIANT ROBOT DUEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

if kuratas is truly able to move around, it's probably going to win, i can imagine it being more mobile since it's using wheels instead of tank tracks

GnawtyDog

Banned
The Americans took the bait.

Unleash the real giant robot, Japan.

ibHyG.png

Shame it's not Voltes V.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I want mech battles to be the next monster truck shows. Give them real weapons, flamethrowers, grenades. Let them battle it out in a desert with drones capturing the footage.

thefro

if kuratas is truly able to move around, it's probably going to win, i can imagine it being more mobile since it's using wheels instead of tank tracks

I'm guessing the endgame for the Mark II would be to use the paintball guns to blind the Kuratas pilot's vision and then get in close and tip it over.

I hope this escalates so we get a whole lot of international companies fuelling money to both Mech teams, for sponsorships, and before we know it, we'll be having Mech Sports.

As much I find the Kuratas cooler, the American mech just looks way more combat orientated, and would function on both roads and off-roads, with it's tracks.

Loona

USA bot looks like it came from a future where cool superpower robots fight for freedom and shit

Japan bot looks like it came from a dystopian future where it is a part of an army of identical police/military bots that rule humanity

It's pretty established in Japanese giant robot fiction that mass-produced bots tend to be weaker than prototypes - I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese answered the challenge with a new prototype that'll leave the Kuratas behind. I mean, those known models are 3 years old already, I don't think the American team is ready for whatever's being built a Suidobashi's workshop for the past few years...

SUIDOBASHI (Kurata) has just accepted the challenge lol!

It seems that they'll upgrade their melee combat and the robot's speed.
It's happening.gif

jojo-yes-o.gif

The more you smile, the more you shoot, the more fun you have, the more you smile.

It's perfect.

It's like they implemented the Super Robot Wars morale system into the goddamn machines, holy shit!

wildfire

Banned

Terrain matters when making that assessment.

Either way Japan bot is better armored than Freedom bot and has superior stabilization.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG, when is this gonna happen? This is gonna be awesome.

Now how long until we get Battlebots: Giant Edition?

Make something huge, stick a gun to it. It's so Super American. LOL. I agree.

This shit better happens now. Get on it, Twitch, Youtube, HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime.
Yup. I'm hoping the Megabots team go full bore and it ends up looking like the Destroid Monster from Macross.

HWR00-Mk-II_Destroid.gif

Bring it on Japan!

dramatis

Think the MegaBots guys can armor the cockpit and then use screens for piloting? Only one year though, might not be enough to develop software for that.

They should just put it through an obstacle course/skills challenge.

- While stationary, hit a moving target from 10 meters
- While moving, hit a target at 10 meters
- Timed navigation of obstacle course
- Lift a 250kg object off the ground
- Flip a vehicle
- Single punch to a concrete cinder block wall with no tools (count how many bricks are left standing)
- 15 second timed attack a concrete cinder block wall with tool/melee weapon of choice (no explosives)
- 100 meter speed test

shaowebb

I may be an American but its a giant robot fight...Japan was bred for this fight. No way will they lose this. The whole nation will rise to support that thing in spirit and if Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has taught me anything its that you can't beat that.

Team Japan.

I mean aesthetics aside.

Our generation is alive in a time where, even in it's most basic state, fucking PILOTED ROBOT FIGHTS ARE A THING.

Seriously this is the best news ever. My 12 Y/O fantasies are coming true!

TalonJH

Also, HOLY SHIT, you can buy them on Amazon.

120,000,000 Yen meaning about 976,940 USD

I know what I wan't for my birthday this month.

KDR_11k

the American mech just looks way more combat orientated, and would function on both roads and off-roads, with it's tracks.

I dunno, the high center of mass plus the fairly short tracks would limit its ability to handle inclines and the wedge shape doesn't look like it'll help much with climbing over obstacles either (note how tanks have a downward slope at the front of their tracks), the Kurata's wheels are much further apart so at least it can't tip as easily.

I'd like to see them mount some real weapons on the things (like the M2 that's seemingly mandatory for all US vehicles). Not for shooting each other, just to see if they can handle the recoil in a test fire scenario.

massoluk

Banned
I hope this escalates so we get a whole lot of international companies fuelling money to both Mech teams, for sponsorships, and before we know it, we'll be having Mech Sports.

As much I find the Kuratas cooler, the American mech just looks way more combat orientated, and would function on both roads and off-roads, with it's tracks.

If Super Robot Wars taught me anything, it's that evasion > defense. Kuratas will circlestrafe the living shit out of lunk of metal.

AAK

By duel are they just going to run through a bunch of target practice and obstacle courses taking turns... or is it gonna be a legit BattleBots fight?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So if this gets popular enough, this can be an Olympic Event, right? Or would all the robots just be flippers and then pushing the opponent into fire pits?

By duel are they just going to run through a bunch of target practice and obstacle courses taking turns... or is it gonna be a legit BattleBots fight?
We all know this is going to be horribly boring. Giant, slow awkward machines pelting each other with paintballs they cant dodge and hiting each other with mechanical arms that only move in one direction. It will be a modern rock em sock em robots with the head popping off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom