• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UW High Stakes - Jan 26 - Loaded Lux vs. Hollow Da Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ivYHz3hV2og76.png

What is it?
UW High Stakes is a battle rap event with arguably the biggest match up in history headlining since Murda Mook vs. Serius Jones. That would be Loaded Lux vs. Hollow Da Don; two battle rap legends in their own respective rights.

Frequently referenced as being the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao of battle rap, the match has been in the making for years and, after multiple controversies (Lux wanting more and more money, delaying it and making nonsensical deals to URL who has been hyping it up for years), has finally found it's home on the UW with multiple other exciting battles on the card. If you are unfamiliar with Loaded Lux or battle rap, you may remember that that about a year ago he gave Calicoe that work, resulting in the most viewed, and one of the best, battles of all time. You may remember the GAF thread on it.

Can Lux do it again and surmount expectations built from his last battle? Can Hollow defend his legacy against Lux' bombastic return to battle rap? Will the other battles on the event steal the show?​

When?
The event takes place this weekend, on January 26th in New Jersey from 2PM-8PM.​

Who is on the card?
Click on the names of the MCs to see their announcement video, and on the FaceOff link beside each match up to see opponents argue at the press conference held earlier this month.

ScreenShot20131224at10.27.02PM.png

Loaded Lux vs. Hollow Da Don [ FaceOff ]
  • Loaded Lux
    • Now I get it; why you did it. Personal shit, why are you diggin'? Because if you find any skeletons in my closet n***a... well I should tell you how long I've had bodies in it.
    • Recognized as one of the greatest lyricists ever, the artist responsible for developing most of the top tier talent in battle rap today and, recently, as the man who stole Calicoe's soul a year ago, Lux is a seasoned vet, and the pressure is on thick. Will he come with his preacher angle again? Perhaps a new gimmick? Or will he come with the raw style he came with against Miles? All eyes are on Lux, especially after the rumoured $40k he demanded for this battle to happen.
    • Notable performances: Calicoe, Young Miles, Murda Mook
  • Hollow Da Don
    • I've heard of big and tall, but I've never heard of big and.. small. Maybe you should open up a different store, called "I'm fat and I can't find my dick and balls."
    • Hollow Da Don boasts one of the most thorough resumes in all of battle rap, battling and defeating legends from many different eras. On top of this, he is widely recognized as one of the most complete battle rappers, with the ability to freestyle, outstanding crowd control, lyricism, comedy and more to boot. It is expected that he will have to rely on his ability to freestyle rebuttals and throw Lux' words back at him to compete with Lux' superior written rhymes.
    • Notable performances: Big T, Okwerdz, Goodz

42208466_video_en_US_wide,610x343,r:1389314209.jpg

Calicoe vs. Tsu Surf [ FaceOff ]
  • Calicoe
    • They talk all of this crazy shit in their slick raps. They talk about this money shit like they get stacks, like packin' the MAC in the back of the 'ac-THAT SHIT'S WHACK. Why the fuck would I pack a MAC in the back of the 'ac? In Detroit, we ride with it on our lap!
    • Coming off of one of the worst losses in battle rap's history from Lux who is headlining, and several weak performances afterwards, Calicoe finds himself with his shot at redemption. Before the Lux battle, he was a fan favourite, known for his street lingo, relentless aggression and being Detroit's frontrunner.
    • Notable performances: Arsonal, K-Shine, Yung Ill
  • Tsu Surf
    • The chamber got 1, but the clip got 8 in. Michael Myers jumper with the mask off of Jason. Lockpick his door, *creaking sound* stick my face in. The Terminator role, knocked the baby out 'the playpen.
    • Surf is another fan favourite, known for his quirky, unique blend of aggression, sports references and oddball humour. Having one of the most loyal fanbases of any battle rapper, Surf chooses his battles carefully, and has once again found himself on a bigger card than his last.
    • Notable performances: K-Shine, Yung Ill, Conceited

42209250_video_en_US_wide,610x343,r:1389314548.jpg

Hitman Holla vs. O-Red [ FaceOff ]
  • Hitman Holla
    • His homeboy keep talking while I'm rapping.. not cool. The contract said I can't hit this n***a... not you.
    • A master in crowd control, energy and aggression, Hitman Holla has the ability to make any basic line sound fierce. His ability to perform consistently is second-to-none, and arguably has the most quotables in modern battle rap.
    • Notable performances: Aye Verb, John John Da Don, Arsonal
  • O-Red
    • I say it's like I'm playing Uno, when them TECs spit. Wild card, 'Red draw two, shoot, walk in reverse, and make your set skip.
    • O-Red has built his name taking down big names who were not ready for what awaited them, but looks to finally take that chip off of his shoulder by taking on Hitman in a higher pressure situation than what he's used to.
    • Notable performances: T-Rex, Big Kannon, Black Haze

42209991_video_en_US_wide,610x343,r:1389314710.jpg

Daylyt vs. B Magic [ FaceOff ]
  • Daylyt
    • I'm asking you.. one last time. Where's that chain at? He tucked it in. Think we ain't notice it either. Shiiiiiiieeeeeet, all of my dawgs' are golden retrievers.
    • Dressing up as a Klansman, stripping naked during a battle, battling a blind MC dressed as Batman, rubbing his testicles on stage and rubbing his hands on his opponents face right afterwards is a mere slice of the controversial antics Daylyt has brought to his battles. Known for his Dragonball Z schemes, Captain Planet references, comic book wordplay and the Spawn tattoo on his face, Daylyt is the quirkiest, most volatile battle rapper who is sure to put on a show where he goes, backed up by unorthodox lyricism.
    • Notable performances: Rich Dolarz, LottaZay, Manaz Ill
  • B Magic
    • Westside of St. Louis; when the Loc is home? Bitch, I be in the trap house like Home Alone.
    • The fastest rising star in battle rap, B Magic is known for his relentless, back-to-back-to-back punchline style with creative and funny references interspersed. Magic is one of the most consistent performers in battle rap, quickly jumping into people's top 5s in the short time he has been active and tussling with legends.
    • Notable performances: Real Deal, Charlie Clips, Tay Roc
And some undercard battle between amateurs that doesn't matter.

UW has also started releasing a mini documentary of the MCs preparing for the battle. I'll update this post as more parts release.
Part 1
Part 2

Where to watch?
UW will have a PPV live stream for $30 on their Ustream channel on the day of the event.

After some prior controversy of Lux not wanting the battles to be released to YT so he could be greedy and get more money, it has been stated that the battles will eventually be released on YT at an unknown date in the future. If it's not up soon, it will probably be all over the internet anyways. I have a feeling their hand will be forced to upload them fairly soon because of how badly it will be bootlegged.

Alternatively, you can go to the event and pay $100 to get in and watch it live.

Great op

Hollow
Tsu surf
Hitman
Daylyt and magic are my two favourite so I just want them both to go hardbody and have me on the floor laughing

Nice OP. Won't make any picks, but will watch & judge once the battles are out.

Looking forward more to BO4 though, tbh

Damn, I didn't even know that this event was coming up! This is going to be AMAZING!

I hope Hollow Da Don take it... and I also hope that Calicoe can bounce back. Though Tsu Surf is going to get at him!

Great OP by the way!

Esch

Banned
yeah im gonna call it like:

Hollow (though this could go either way)
Tsu
Hitman
Daylyt (I think he'll outweird/swag B-magic but its probably the best battle on this card).

Does anyone here care about o red?

Lol

Hell no. He is hot fucking garbage.

Glad to see this thread pop up seeing as how the Battle Rap OT flopped. I fulled expect the Calicoe/Surf battle to be ruined by the biased Jersey crowd. As for the main event, I'm going with Da Dinininon.

Sidenote: OP choose the wrong quotable for Hollow. "I'll shock you on some Raiden shit, Johnny Cage ya hips, and have my girl Sonya blade ya bitch"

yeah im gonna call it like:

Hollow (though this could go either way)
Tsu
Hitman
Daylyt (I think he'll outweird/swag B-magic but its probably the best battle on this card).

Sounds about right...

Hell no. He is hot fucking garbage.

Glad to see this thread pop up seeing as how the Battle Rap OT flopped. I fulled expect the Calicoe/Surf battle to be ruined by the biased Jersey crowd. As for the main event, I'm going with Da Dinininon.

Sidenote: OP choose the wrong quotable for Hollow. "I'll shock you on some Raiden shit, Johnny Cage ya hips, and have my girl Sonya blade ya bitch"

I really hope not. Seriously, it gets tiring rather quickly. Calicoe always is the "out of town" guy so I'm sure he's used to it...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My final expectations:

Hollow 2-1 - I wouldn't say any of these rounds will be clear victories either unless Lux chokes. Echoing other various predictions I've watched, I really do feel Hollow's ability to freestyle consistently will be the trump card and make Lux look incomplete. He may even pull this as an angle against Lux and taunt him to freestyle or something like he did against Hitman Holla. Plus, it's not like Lux can really say shit against Hollow because of how laid back he is; Hollow doesn't glorify shit and makes fun of himself all the time. Lux needs to be the Lux that faced Miles to win IMO but I think the pressure is on to do something that has content or a schtick that is more than just battle bars.

Surf 2-1 - Both are looking shaky babyyy, and I wouldn't call myself a fan of either but TBH fuck Calicoe for his "I don't have to put in effort and I still get paid" shit. I hope he fades into obscurity. I just think Surf has more potential. IMO is the hardest battle to call.

Hitman Holla 3-0 - I don't think O-Red is ready for this stage, and still puts way too much filler in his rounds. Probably the least deserving to be on this card; I don't necessarily like the dude but I can't get excited for him. I feel like Holla will bounce back after owning up to his bullshit in the Conceited battle. I feel like this is a body bag in the making.

B Magic 2-1 - I hope we get the Daylyt that faced Lotta Zay or Rich Dolarz but I have a feeling we won't because he will use the big stage as a platform to make a blip alongside Lux and Hollow in recaps of this event. Magic is on fire and apparently his battle with Ill Will is flames so I'll go with consistency on this one.

Believe me, at some point I had to stop searching for quotes and just go to sleep :p

Echoing other various predictions I've watched, I really do feel Hollow's ability to freestyle consistently will be the trump card and make Lux look incomplete.

Lux did a decent rebuttal in his battle against Murda Mook, but I agree that Hollow is the superior when it comes to freestyling.

EDIT: Love this line from Lux in that Mook video, "He lyin' to them hoochies, only time Imma throw a G in they face is when they wanna see the time on the Gucci."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
VladTV - Lux: "I've Put In More Work for Hollow Than Calicoe". Sounds like Lux is hinting at something like his last battle, saying how he wants to leave something thought provoking and intelligent. In the follow up video if you let it play, he goes on to really distance himself from his old style too.

Also Ill Will couldn't get across the border to BO4, that makes 2 of the matches now that aren't going down.

Smack lost.
@urltv
Wow 233k and counting in 24hrs. http://instagr.am/p/PaZk1SRw-w/

Smack winning even through taking losses
I rewatched it again yesterday too

Lux did a decent rebuttal in his battle against Murda Mook, but I agree that Hollow is the superior when it comes to freestyling.
I just don't think he'll rely on that sort of thing; or if he comes up with something to freestyle he won't do it because of the risk of it coming out less than perfect. Hollow can freestyle damn near any bullshit and it comes out clean even if it's not hot (but usually is).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo, did you watch the faceoff brah?

Did anyone? I think this is gonna be a hot Sunday.

http://youtu.be/1ntu0jzk2nc
This shit is getting me hype. Peep the 24/7 video in OP and that video I just posted above of Lux too, he responds to the idea of Hollow coming with personals from the FaceOff.

Hollow is such a clown, "you gon' get this workout!" *hits the treadmill*

Don on his Nardwuar shit. "Ruff Ryders, Cash Money tour, you were there, right? Around 2000, when Head ICE battled?" lol
Lmao

Here's Head ICE talking about what Hollow said. Apparently Head ICE went on tour with Ruff Ryders and brought Lux along? This shit is getting interesting.

Rewatched some old battles

Tsu surf is gonna wipe the floor with calico

IMO, o red desperately needs to go first. I think if hitman starts it off, it's gonna be over before o red even begins

" if holla bring a prop, that thing gonna come with a kickback"

Whew

Esch

Banned
Rewatched some old battles

Tsu surf is gonna wipe the floor with calico

IMO, o red desperately needs to go first. I think if hitman starts it off, it's gonna be over before o red even begins

Whew
Did you watch Cals last battle? Absolute unredeemable trash. He's Larry Holmes in 1991 status. I think its kinda lame that he's on the card almost. Bodybag coming.

Did you watch Cals last battle? Absolute unredeemable trash. He's Larry Holmes in 1991 status. I think its kinda lame that he's on the card almost. Bodybag coming.

I didn't even watch it cuz I heard it was beyond ducked up. I mean, it's a statement for him either way tomorrow. Either he still wants to do this shit or he's gonna be taken behind the shed

Also, I know b magic is the name flip king, but the day flips are kinda getting old as his past several battles, the day flips were use ( lottazay, Emerson Kennedy, rich dolarz, xcel)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Whew
I'm actually really excited to see Hitman do his next remix live. He's 3 for 3. I can't even choose which one i like most.

Clips trying to reenact the kaboom remix was hilarious too.
"yo that was Smack, he said he had your $8k!"

I REALLY liked Calicoe's first round vs. Rex, but yeah him being on the same card as Lux anyways is just sort of dumb.

Where them Dot Mobb n***as at? Same n***as he gon' get killed with.
Knock the LEGOs out of every n***a he build with,
I'm putting something hot, in every n***a you chill with
Play your cards right? I'm at every n***a you deal with
Let the MAC barbeque ever n***a he grill with
And if they survive.. I'm with every n***a he's still with

I showed up to this battle on some chill shit
But I could've showed up to this battle without raps, on some Ill shit

That first round was crazy, but it was something light
The next round I'm talking about a lot of shit.............. ICE

EDIT: nm I forgot he battled DNA, lmao not even bothering watching that shit

EDIT2: Second part of the Road of the Warrior 24/7 documentary is up. SMH @ Calicoe saying he doesn't do it just for the money

Enzo, did you watch the faceoff brah?

Did anyone? I think this is gonna be a hot Sunday.

http://youtu.be/1ntu0jzk2nc

Hollow Da Don doesn't like him at all...

"Just call him $40K"

And the explanation about "putting a bullet in the preachers head" was hilarious because it was straight to the point (I guess the interviewer thought he was going to go in".

I can't wait for this!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Daylyt says he doesn't have to do antics for this battle. Hopefully that means he won't. Interviews with the rest of the card in there too. Lux and Hollow interview too.

I'm excited for some next level shit bruhs.. we've never seen this much pressure on any battle rappers to bring the coldest shit ever since Aye Verb vs. Hitman. Seems like people are very split on Lux and Hollow. I'm just excited it's finally happening. It's really sinking in now. None of these guys can disappoint. I'm feeling it now.

Mdeezy

I got Hollow, Tsu Surf, O Red and B Magic takin the W's.
Hollow been wanting to kill Lux for quite awhile now. I just hope Lux doesn't go the gimmicky route. I hope he shows up like he did against Miles
O Red is going to lyrically rape Hitman.
B Magic is going to punchline Daylyts head off.
Tsu Surf is going to scream louder than Calicoe lol.

Also did anyone here keep up with Blackout 4s updates? Seemed overall like a disappointment

mellz

Daylyt posted this on Twitter

Be6hYT3IUAAGWsD.jpg

I'm hyped as fuck, might buy the PPV. Got Daylyt, O-Red, Tsu Surf and Loaded Lux.

PPV starts in about an hour.

Esch

Banned
O Red is going to lyrically rape Hitman.
B Magic is going to punchline Daylyts head off.

iGe6rlTmdzYPF.gif

O-Red is not 'raping' anyone and B-Magic and Daylyt is an equal battle. B-Magic will definitely come with better bars but Id bet Daylyt will have better crowd control and punches. Did you watch Magic vs. Will today or yesterday? He lost. He brought his B game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I was supposed to go to this...

Just got done with a presentation at work and about to order this now.

hyped as fuck to see my fan tear calicoe up.

Also looking forward to Lux getting back in the ring.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
@TopBattleRaps 2h
5300 people attending the PPV for UW HIGH STAKES!!! At $30 a piece that's $159,000!!!!! That's why they gave Lux $40k

..damn. Lux gets a % of that and Ustream gets half. But they made it so that the venue tickets alone covers Lux and Hollow's pay.

Was worth it for UW.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Apparently doors only opened at 2, so yeah it's gonna be a minute until this goes live #RNT

I'm guessing this shit won't start until 4.

@Mea7Vz 54s
If yall waitin on the PPV for the #HighStakes event yall can relax lol .. we're still in line so the event prolly wont start til 3:30

835586725.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The quality is incredible. Video is crystal clear and it really looks like a live TV production.

ibgqEAxofOUt0P.png

Daylyt vs. B Magic is starting right now. Daylyt dressed up as Neo and B Magic with the hoodie on. Daylyt going first. Crowd is live as fuck, unlike every other UW battle.

"Put your phones away, I don't care how much you paid to get in here, these n***as'll throw you out.. FOR FREE. THEY AINT PLAYINN. THEY AIN'T PLAYINNN!" - Jack Thriller lmao

EDIT: They have a really fucking stupid whirring sound instead of a Don Demarco.

EDIT2: Daylyt is on some super self-aware shit. Blue pill = quill, red pill = the antics. He's letting the crowd choose what direction to take the battle.

EDIT3: Daylyt is really going the fuck in, this is the Daylyt I wanted. Final Fantasy references, comic book and TV references and more.
"I've circled the North. South. East. West. And I still can't figure out where the comp is." - Daylyt
B motherfucking Magic is up.

EDIT4: B Magic just went the fuck in, fantastic round. Nothing radically different from what we've seen from him but he went the fuck in. He had a good Dizaster line but I can't remember, he closed the battle with a
Butterfly Effect line
that was hard as fuck.

Daylyt just started his 2nd round by bringing out a Loaded Lux imitator lmfaooo and theres a dude that looks like Morpheus that started fighting him holy shit you can't make this shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom