• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uwe Boll: A magician who makes money disappear

The author of that article forgot to take account of the dvd and video revenues when calculating losses.

Disappointingly Boll's movies do make a larger profit on dvd sales than theatrical sales due to the teen 'i want to see a kick ass movie' market.

uwe2.jpg

*saveforphotoshopusage*

Waku

They allready closed the Tax Loophole in the beginning of January. Let's see if he survives this Year.

Are you guys serious? His films are bad in an entertaining way. Hell, watching Alone In The Dark and House Of The Dead back-to-back with my friends was probably the single most entertaining movie experience ever. If you've got friends with a good sense of humor, it's really, really easy to turn a Boll movie into a party.

I even saw Bloodrayne on the big screen at AMC. First time I've ever seen my gf roast a movie like that *with* an audience present.

EDIT: I'd like to mention that Uwe Boll doesn't take his films seriously either. I remember the commentary from the AitD and HotD had memorable quotes such as, "I know people don't come to see my movie to see good dialouge or a good story, they come to see the explosions and boobies."

or

Uwe: "This part is like, 'Gone With The Wind'."
Slater: [Laughing] "This is nothing like Gone With The Wind!"
Uwe: "Oh, this is my fav part. Very much like Citizen Kane."
Slater/Others: [Dying of laughter]

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Ikaris: A magician who makes old links re-appear

j/k

I'm glad they closed the loophole now.

Die, Boll, Die!

garrickk

Has anyone here seen the movie Ed Wood? Excellent film.

There are life lessons to be learned here. If you have confidence and enthusiasm in yourself, others will as well (even if you're a fu*!ing moron).

I hate to say that I give this man my money, but watching his films on DVD with commentary is like the funniest thing EVER.

bumpkin

Ferrarisimo said:
Er, the Midas Touch was a bad thing...that's kinda the moral of the story.
In figure of speech land, he has the reverse (turning stuff to gold GOOD, turning stuff to shit, BAD), but okay. Way to kill my zinger. :lol

Ikaris

Mr Mike said:
Ikaris: A magician who makes old links re-appear

Is this really a re-post ?

I did a search and didn't find anything...

If this really is true, sorry... mods, get your LOCK on !

Ferrarisimo said:
Er, the Midas Touch was a bad thing...that's kinda the moral of the story.
exactly. Everything this guys touches turns to shit however he's probably a millionaire cause of it (ie its good for him)

Ikaris

cicero said:
Why isn't this in off-topic?

Uh... maybe cuz every movie he's ever made is based on a video game.

0wn3d !!!

# Hunter: The Reckoning (2007) (in production)
# Fear Effect (2008) (announced)
# Postal (2007) (announced)
# Far Cry (2006) (announced)
# In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2006) (post-production)
# BloodRayne (2005)
# Alone in the Dark (2005)
# House of the Dead (2003)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/

Top Bottom