• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valentina Sampaio is the first transgender “Sports Illustrated” swimsuit model.

Not bad

d59016d1031561829061dcef39fedc7b.gif

Last edited:
I don't mean to offend anyone, but a woman is more than a soft voice, plump lips, breasts, and a fatty buttocks. A woman is a human whose pair of sex chromosomes are comprised of two X chromosomes and who subsequently has ovaries, a uterus, and the ability to become pregnant.

No matter how much surgery and hormone therapy that a man undergoes in order to attain the superficial characteristics of a woman, his pair of sex chromosomes will always be comprised of an X and a Y chromosome, he'll never have ovaries or a uterus, and he'll never be able to become pregnant.

There is no such thing as a transgender woman. There is only one type of woman: woman.
Technically, you're right. Our world is so fucked up right now, trying to fight nature, pushing the image that women should look highly masculine, and men are able to attain the physique of women...

That said, my caveman brain is easily tricked into being attracted to highly feminine traits... if a lady I am attracted to had all those traits you mentioned and turned out to be trans, would I really run away? I might never know. The trans folk I know don't pass, and their masculine giveaways repulse me. But maybe some of the hot "chicks" I know already passed, so to speak, and I just don't know it yet. Either way, it's unfortunate we've come to this point, things sure use to be simpler then...

Kreen101

It's also weird to me when people go: "some of those trans women actually look like beautiful women so it proves that trans is real". So if my aunt Gertrude, God bless her soul, actually looked like an ugly man her whole life, does that mean she was actually a trans man without her knowledge? What I mean is that if some men naturally look like women, or vice-versa, how is it surprising that people who invest thousands of dollars in surgery, make-up and hormones manage the same feat?

Who is the audience for this? Have all these woke companies given up making money?

The people responsible for all this subversion have all the money in the world. They run all the central banks and can print money at will. So making money is the least of their concerns. What they want is total subversion and destruction of Western civilization as we know it, so they can replace it with their "new world order" global control system (world federation/communism). After all, you can't build a new structure without tearing down the old structure first. If you demoralize a society long enough, the people who make up that society will stop fighting for it and won't defend it, leaving it open for even more attacks.

teezzy

Banned
_
jRhu4gG.gif

Seriously, though...I wish that were the case. If medical science had a guaranteed way of preventing prenatal sexual differentiation, I would be ecstatic. I don't want any future babies dealing with the struggles I dealt with through life.

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate way to go about this, but you seem like the kind of person I can ask without being yelled at.

What's being trans like? I mean, do you genuinely feel like you were born in the wrong body? It's such an interesting thing, and I can't really fully grasp it. Like, I'd love to look different - sure. But, I mean, I know this is who I am. It's hard to imagine that sense of physical displacement. Idk. Sorry if I'm being overly forward. You can tell me to buzz off.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
_

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate way to go about this, but you seem like the kind of person I can ask without being yelled at.

What's being trans like? I mean, do you genuinely feel like you were born in the wrong body? It's such an interesting thing, and I can't really fully grasp it. Like, I'd love to look different - sure. But, I mean, I know this is who I am. It's hard to imagine that sense of physical displacement. Idk. Sorry if I'm being overly forward. You can tell me to buzz off.

Thanks for the thoughtful inquiry! :)
(I'm really tired so my response will probably be a mess...)

It makes perfect sense that it's hard to understand. Really, it's hard for people who even experience gender dysphoria to understand at first, too...and I denied my feelings for most of my life in a strong attempt to fit in as normal. I prayed for years for it to just go away, but it only got stronger as the years passed by.

For me, it all started at a very young age...like maybe 4 years old? It wasn't so much that I felt "I am supposed to be a girl"...it began mostly as more feeling extremely uncomfortable with the socialization that boys go through. I felt much happier and comfortable around girls and how they were allowed to be genuine with their emotions. At 11 years old, I needed a surgery to internally "correct" things down below and get my testosterone flowing. After the surgery, EVERYTHING started getting worse. I absolutely despised the changes happening with my body, and where I mostly felt indifference before to my genitals, I became more and more horrified as things started to change. I imagined that was what it must feel like to be a werewolf...helpless to the horrible changes your body goes through.

I was mostly asexual even after the surgery, but as I got up in my teen years, I started having very confusing feelings. It was almost like I liked boys romantically, but was not sexually attracted to boys OR girls. It was the late 80's and 90's, so I was called "faggot" all the time. I was terrified of being bullied worse than I was already, so I just did my absolute best to hide my feelings and act "normal." I had to hide accidental feminine gestures and the way I would speak and laugh. I had to try to act like the boy everyone expected of me, so I basically created a fake persona: "The shy and quiet yet goofy and artistic nice guy."

As I approached 16 years old, I realized I didn't feel comfortable with my romantic feelings about men unless I thought of myself as a woman. In my thoughts, I didn't have the hated stuff between my legs, the body hair, and was shorter and had long hair. I could laugh and be myself and feel free. I didn't have the face of a stranger that stared back at me in the mirror...the face I hated more and more with each passing day. It was just me, who I felt I was inside. A girl. Not even beautiful or anything, really. Just a normal everyday girl who could be who she wanted to be without judgment.

Still, giving into ANY of these feelings was terrifying to me. I thought everyone would hate me if they knew. I was worried even my closest loved ones would be deeply ashamed and think I was disgusting and I would lose everyone...so I hid within the false persona I created...and hoped I could stay hidden until the day I died, taking my secret to the grave.

You see...I was raised in a faithful Baptist Christian home with loving parents, and never suffered any sexual abuse or any psychological distress other than the unexplainable gender dysphoria I was hiding from everyone out of intense shame and fear of embarrassment. I struggled for years with deepening depression and an increasingly intense self-hatred. I wanted to die for years, but I couldn't hurt my family like that.

As I reached 40 years old, the suicidal feelings became unbearable. Eventually I decided to do what I originally had wanted to in secret at 22 years old, and I finally 'came out' as transgender and began hormone replacement therapy rather than give into suicide. My parents struggled greatly with it, thinking it was some sort of spiritual corruption (even though I've been a faithful believer in Jesus Christ as my savior since I was 13.)

We didn't learn until a year into hormone replacement therapy that I had gone through epigenetic prenatal sexual differentiation brought on by a family medical history of exposure to Diethylstilbestrol...which is known to cause gender issues and even intersex conditions. After learning that there was a medical reason for what I had secretly been going through all my life, my parents accepted that I cannot help the issues I have, and they have been incredibly loving and mostly very supportive. ❤

I know this is a mess, and I probably didn't explain my feelings very well. If you have any more questions, please feel to send me a message...and thanks again for asking. :)

Last edited:

Naibel

She certainly looks the part (when she stays quiet tho) so I'm very much ok with that. Some trans models are quite attractive and worked quite hard to look that way, so it's not shocking to see them now on magazine covers. I'm pretty sure most people won't notice a thing if you don't tell them about it.

At 11 years old, I needed a surgery to internally "correct" things down below and get my testosterone flowing.
Woah. So you are intersexual?

"Correcting" this against the will of the person is some messed up shit.
I saw a documentary a few months ago about this issue, and that this is not allowed anymore in Germany. Fortunately.

teezzy

Banned
Thanks for the thoughtful inquiry! :)
(I'm really tired so my response will probably be a mess...)

It makes perfect sense that it's hard to understand. Really, it's hard for people who even experience gender dysphoria to understand at first, too...and I denied my feelings for most of my life in a strong attempt to fit in as normal. I prayed for years for it to just go away, but it only got stronger as the years passed by.

For me, it all started at a very young age...like maybe 4 years old? It wasn't so much that I felt "I am supposed to be a girl"...it began mostly as more feeling extremely uncomfortable with the socialization that boys go through. I felt much happier and comfortable around girls and how they were allowed to be genuine with their emotions. At 11 years old, I needed a surgery to internally "correct" things down below and get my testosterone flowing. After the surgery, EVERYTHING started getting worse. I absolutely despised the changes happening with my body, and where I mostly felt indifference before to my genitals, I became more and more horrified as things started to change. I imagined that was what it must feel like to be a werewolf...helpless to the horrible changes your body goes through.

I was mostly asexual even after the surgery, but as I got up in my teen years, I started having very confusing feelings. It was almost like I liked boys romantically, but was not sexually attracted to boys OR girls. It was the late 80's and 90's, so I was called "faggot" all the time. I was terrified of being bullied worse than I was already, so I just did my absolute best to hide my feelings and act "normal." I had to hide accidental feminine gestures and the way I would speak and laugh. I had to try to act like the boy everyone expected of me, so I basically created a fake persona: "The shy and quiet yet goofy and artistic nice guy."

As I approached 16 years old, I realized I didn't feel comfortable with my romantic feelings about men unless I thought of myself as a woman. In my thoughts, I didn't have the hated stuff between my legs, the body hair, and was shorter and had long hair. I could laugh and be myself and feel free. I didn't have the face of a stranger that stared back at me in the mirror...the face I hated more and more with each passing day. It was just me, who I felt I was inside. A girl. Not even beautiful or anything, really. Just a normal everyday girl who could be who she wanted to be without judgment.

Still, giving into ANY of these feelings was terrifying to me. I thought everyone would hate me if they knew. I was worried even my closest loved ones would be deeply ashamed and think I was disgusting and I would lose everyone...so I hid within the false persona I created...and hoped I could stay hidden until the day I died, taking my secret to the grave.

You see...I was raised in a faithful Baptist Christian home with loving parents, and never suffered any sexual abuse or any psychological distress other than the unexplainable gender dysphoria I was hiding from everyone out of intense shame and fear of embarrassment. I struggled for years with deepening depression and an increasingly intense self-hatred. I wanted to die for years, but I couldn't hurt my family like that.

As I reached 40 years old, the suicidal feelings became unbearable. Eventually I decided to do what I originally had wanted to in secret at 22 years old, and I finally 'came out' as transgender and began hormone replacement therapy rather than give into suicide. My parents struggled greatly with it, thinking it was some sort of spiritual corruption (even though I've been a faithful believer in Jesus Christ as my savior since I was 13.)

We didn't learn until a year into hormone replacement therapy that I had gone through epigenetic prenatal sexual differentiation brought on by a family medical history of exposure to Diethylstilbestrol...which is known to cause gender issues and even intersex conditions. After learning that there was a medical reason for what I had secretly been going through all my life, my parents accepted that I cannot help the issues I have, and they have been incredibly loving and mostly very supportive. ❤

I know this is a mess, and I probably didn't explain my feelings very well. If you have any more questions, please feel to send me a message...and thanks again for asking. :)

The fact that you eventually figured it all out is awesome, and I'm glad you were able to find peace more or less. Just being an alive human isn't easy. Gender plays a large role in self identity, and you need that awareness to go about the simplest daily tasks in life. Even as a straight white dude, reality can be crippling. and I couldn't imagine struggling with something which I currently very much take for granted. Especially when you're presented with two options and you're like "ummm none of these seem to describe me though." Then everyone around you, even your family is going, "look there's only two!" It's important that we acknowledge that yes, okay sure, biologically there are men and women - but there's also an insane amount of nuance and variance within each and every individual. You, and others in similar situations, exist too yknow?

It's a positive thing that people who aren't as easily categorized are now able to find a sense of belonging, i.e. "I'm not alone" due to the newfound prevalance of things like a transgendered woman appearing on the cover of SI magazine. It's also just as important that people are able to discuss these concerns in simple terms. PC policing has people afraid to ask questions, which should be asked. That's how you learn. This whole expectancy on everyone to just understand everything instantly is bonkers, especially given the topic at hand. People can crack jokes all they want, but until they put themselves in someone else's high heels - they really couldn't imagine what it's like to live with that 24/7 idk. Like at what point does the "facts dont care about your feelings end" and the compassion for another human being begin?

Like man, I thought I had it bad as a bald guy with a foot fetish. lol

Naibel

Such hard work paying for plastic surgery.

Oh yeah, and how you pay for that ? :messenger_winking_tongue:

I'm being cheeky, but that aside, i was mainly talking about managing to stay in a female shape, fitness stuff and I suppose hormone treatments and the like.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
WHAT? YOU ARE BALD?

LOL

(just joking... ;) )

It sounds so fucking stupid, but being bald is genuinely a trait which has led me to try harder in nearly every aspect of my life: it's a handicap.

You've gotta be relatively fit and bearded to pull off being bald whatsoever, especially losing it in your early twenties like I did. As a result, I sometimes look at other people with factors out of their control and I can relate.

This is why fat acceptance pisses me off, like, you can control that shit - shut up already. People act like junk food forces its way into their mouths. Like people who "try" to quit smoking cigarettes. Just stop smoking them, stupid.

The foot fetish thing is another one that's out of your control. Preaching to the choir here obviously.

One day lefties will defend people like me. Then, I too shall be king. No more cue ball wisecracks or, "dont you like boobs and pussy, dude?!!" for me then.

Not for this king.

tenor.gif

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Woah. So you are intersexual?

"Correcting" this against the will of the person is some messed up shit.
I saw a documentary a few months ago about this issue, and that this is not allowed anymore in Germany. Fortunately.

I was sure for years that I was intersex, but the karyotyping test actually came back negative. When I was born, supposedly everything looked normal enough for a baby boy. The problems I've had were mostly internal:

- Cryptorchidism (undescended testes),
- Testicular hypoplasia (atrophied testes)
- Defective vascular formation
- Prostatic atrophy
- Epididymal cysts
- Genital dysaesthesia (pain/sensitivity)
- No sex drive
- Infertility

Apparently, I was also at a very high risk for testicular cancer as well...but I'm thankful to say that all went away with the surgery I had 3 years ago. My blood pressure and many other health issues all started getting better after beginning prescribed estrogen injections. My body has effectively mutated genes due to the prenatal Diethylstilbestrol exposure, so it's anyone's guess why all this works the way it does with me. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The fact that you eventually figured it all out is awesome, and I'm glad you were able to find peace more or less. Just being an alive human isn't easy. Gender plays a large role in self identity, and you need that awareness to go about the simplest daily tasks in life. Even as a straight white dude, reality can be crippling. and I couldn't imagine struggling with something which I currently very much take for granted. Especially when you're presented with two options and you're like "ummm none of these seem to describe me though." Then everyone around you, even your family is going, "look there's only two!" It's important that we acknowledge that yes, okay sure, biologically there are men and women - but there's also an insane amount of nuance and variance within each and every individual. You, and others in similar situations, exist too yknow?

It's a positive thing that people who aren't as easily categorized are now able to find a sense of belonging, i.e. "I'm not alone" due to the newfound prevalance of things like a transgendered woman appearing on the cover of SI magazine. It's also just as important that people are able to discuss these concerns in simple terms. PC policing has people afraid to ask questions, which should be asked. That's how you learn. This whole expectancy on everyone to just understand everything instantly is bonkers, especially given the topic at hand. People can crack jokes all they want, but until they put themselves in someone else's high heels - they really couldn't imagine what it's like to live with that 24/7 idk. Like at what point does the "facts dont care about your feelings end" and the compassion for another human being begin?

Like man, I thought I had it bad as a bald guy with a foot fetish. lol

Thank you so very much for the kind and thoughtful response! It means a lot to me! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:💖

(And don't worry- Guys can look amazing without hair!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom