• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve to Demo VR Hardware

It's pretty awesome how Valve is sharing its tech with the Oculus guys, not many companies would be that willing to help out a potential competitor.

injurai

Banned
OR already plans on putting a camera on the front

oculus-rift-consumer-version-prototype-3d-depth-camera.jpg

our cyberpunk future is already upon us...

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Being calm is not how you get a foothold in one of the largest (or perhaps the largest) upcoming entertainment markets.

Indeed. When I'm sitting on my sofa, a few feet away from my 52" HDTV, I can see that I have sufficient "visual capacity" for another 8 TVs surrounding it if I'm looking straight ahead
Or one 150" projector

By detecting what I'm looking at, the OR is creating TVs everywhere I look. I think this is what people don't grasp until they use it: If I look behind me, that's another 8 TVs. Left and right?add another 16 TVs. Looking up and down? add a few more.

People need to think of going from regular HD/3DTV to VR is like going from 1 TV to 40 or 50 TVs. It sounds crazy because it IS crazy. That's why it's the future. It's a massive, massive improvement.

Top Bottom