• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's "PC gaming is expanding" page/hub is live

NeoFaff

btw any reason triggers like those haven't caught on?
Aside from high end joysticks I don't think there's any controllers which make use of 2 stage triggers regularly.

I feel that triggers were stuck onto controllers so that people could play driving games without needing a wheel. Everything after that was probably an afterthought. I mean they don't make good buttons, are often uncomfortable and there's no standard for their design or tech.
There's just been no reason to make significant improvements.

Felspawn

Thinking about a Steam Controller for my pc and retiring my 360 one. Hopefully it is supported by companies and not just ignored/ have to use workarounds.

i wonder how the steam controller will work for the vast majority of games that are configured for a 360 controller in mind... does it instead try to emulate a keyboard + mouse? i'm not trying to bash it, i'm really curious myself..... i'm really eager to go all in with Steam but thats probably the one aspect of their vision that i'm not 100% sold on yet

orava

Otherwise it should work but there's this issue that causes the led lights around the Xbox symbol blink continuously when you play. Not sure if someone figured out a way to make it stop. I don't have experience with it myself.

In steamos, it does not do the blinking and wireless works out of the box.

Thinking about a Steam Controller for my pc and retiring my 360 one. Hopefully it is supported by companies and not just ignored/ have to use workarounds.

Apparently, Valve will ship an app that will allow you to configure the Steam Controller controls for each individual game, regardless of its controller support.

i wonder how the steam controller will work for the vast majority of games that are configured for a 360 controller in mind... does it instead try to emulate a keyboard + mouse? i'm not trying to bash it, i'm really curious myself..... i'm really eager to go all in with Steam but thats probably the one aspect of their vision that i'm not 100% sold on yet

By default it will be kb&m, however you can set it to sorta emulate X360 or just wait for someone to make a popular X360-esque bindind and choose that.

Apparently, Valve will ship an app that will allow you to configure the Steam Controller controls for each individual game, regardless of its controller support.

It's already in BPM/SteamOS.

orava

Also there is presets for games so you don't have to configure every game by yourself.

Top Bottom