• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegans that only eat fruit bench pressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I've seen people lift weights without taking that much protein in. I imagine though, that those people aren't looking to put on as much mass.

My point. If you lift weights to get some size and aquire strength 150gs of protein is commonplace.

jax

Banned
You don't lift weights do you?
My diet gives me around 100g a day which is more than enough. I haven't noticed any type of plataeu so far, still making gains. But I started at around 170lbs. Still, there are multiple options besides soy beans that contain loads of protein.

Cooter

My diet gives me around 100g a day which is more than enough. I haven't noticed any type of plataeu so far, still making gains. But I started at around 170lbs. Still, there are multiple options besides soy beans that contain loads of protein.
When did you start? New gains don't last forever. There's a reason every strong guy you meet in a gym eats a lot of protein. It's not because everyone is brainwashed by the dairy/meat industry.

SeanR1221

150g isn't even that hard.

Sometimes I eat well over 200 by accident without trying :/

The meat/dairy industry has their hooks in me HARD.

jax

Banned
When did you start? New gains don't last forever. There's a reason every strong guy you meet in a gym eats a lot of protein. It's not because everyone is brainwashed by the dairy/meat industry.
I started in November. I wake up, eat a brick of tofu (40g) with some toast (5g) a protein shake (40g) and peanut butter toast fer lunch (8g), and for dinner a false meat substitute with edamame (rounds out to about 40g)

I guess it is closer to 150. I honestly hadent even realized how much protein I intake. Makes sense.

Cooter

I started in November. I wake up, eat a brick of tofu (40g) with some toast (5g) a protein shake (40g) and peanut butter toast fer lunch (8g), and for dinner a false meat substitute with edamame (rounds out to about 40g)

I guess it is closer to 150. I honestly hadent even realized how much protein I intake. Makes sense.
Well that's a big difference. As long as you're eating at a calorie surplus you can most definitely get stronger with that much. You may hit a wall in 6-9 months though. Muscle gain isn't often easy or predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom