• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Durango specs: x64 8-core CPU @1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM, 50GB 6x BD...

Raide

I'm sure there's those that disagree but I had more fun with Fable 2 than I have with the VAST majority of Zelda games but played a couple hours of Fable 3 and never picked up up again....sad :-(

Same. Played hours and hours of 1 & 2. 3 just bored me to tears. All the good & evil stuff was rendered pretty much pointless because of a poorly thought out story.

Just bring back the open feel of the game and let me craft my own story. Stop with the last second "Do evil or do good" options. Also, drop the farting.

USC-fan

Banned
So then... what with Edge's developer contacts stating that the PS4 is more powerful, do we now think that a lot of this talk of secret aspects to the Durango hardware has been massively overblown?

I'm aware that one of the developers here has stated that they were pretty much equal (which would have inferred that there really was some sort of aspect we weren't seeing), but now I'm wondering if perhaps that was based on older hardware or perhaps an overly powerful dev kit?

On paper the ps4 is across the board more powerful.

I wouldn't worry about that at all. In real life performance it will be about the same. Couple fps at most IMO.

Ms has always built great balance systems with amazing dev tools/support.

MaulerX

That's more than one word, jesus...

LOL. By him saying "Durango will be the main character", does that mean their next leak will simply be titled "Durango"? Or is he saying out of the list in their poll, they will pick the one that has one word? Either "GPU" or "other".

FordGTGuy

Banned
Well I guess MS could break the tradition and be the first and only console to ever just do sequels and have 0 new ip's ever. Or they could do as everyone has done in every generation ever and have new IP's, especially in the first 3-4 years. We will see for sure.
If they do go against every single generation for any hardware maker ever and just do sequels or games based in the same world they deserve failure.
Anyone any hardware maker would deserve failure for that.

Black Tusk... does no one pay attention?

Ales

Neo Member
Looks like there's at least 4 on the way (posted here recently):
jlHs1mM4E7JWB.png

Hopefully they are great games.

The source in the article says and I quote "slightly more powerful" lets keep that in perspective with other sources saying here they will be close. When we see the games that will be the basis.

Aegies on twitter is almost to the point of combustion trying to get this point out. Developers have been telling him that the differences in power are negligible. Makes sense, I don't think Sony has anything to gain by trying to outpower Microsoft by a wide margin. It would increase costs with no guaranteed gain. Plus, I don't think you can sell your system to the everday gamer with tech specs. We will see though.

derFeef

It's kinda funny that the "record gameplay" rumor now appears for the PS4, didn't the large RAM spawn those rumors for Durango too?

FrankT

The 4 new IPs sounds good as in my mind it is a start. Just depends on the talent behind them. I think we know one of those possibly with that latest filing.

I believe MS is likely to bring some 3rd party love to the table early on as well.

Edit: though I should add likely nowhere close to early on this gen I bet.

eso76

It's kinda funny that the "record gameplay" rumor now appears for the PS4, didn't the large RAM spawn those rumors for Durango too?

I did say I expected something similar to be a standard feature next gen, especially Durango given the amount of ram supposedly reserved at all times

sangreal

what's funny to me is that if Durango had this feature it would be responded to with a bunch of rants about focusing on social media, but that thread is a circle jerk instead

what's funny to me is that if Durango had this feature it would be responded to with a bunch of rants about focusing on social media, but that thread is a circle jerk instead

I've wanted it as as standard feature for years and it's something I really hope microsoft are thinking of doing.

saying that, it will be interesting how sony implement it. will 512mb be enough? or would they using something else? I hope it also doesn't mean multitasking is out as that's another must have feature for me.

multitasking and game recording at an OS level is the minimum I expect from both consoles.

Is this just a persecution post or has there been a thread with the rumor of video recording on 720 met with mostly scorn?

Karak

Is this just a persecution post or has there been a thread with the rumor of video recording on 720 met with mostly scorn?

Many many thread discussions actually. And the feature gets wrapped up with everything else as one big example of MS focusing on children's programming and reruns of old Hasbro cartoons as its main function.

That last bit of that sentence might be hyperbole:)

gaming_noob

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/xbox-720-could-record-video-hints-patent-50006557/

What can you record? Microsoft lists TV programming, local and online games, music and DVDs as some of the possibilities. You'll be able to switch between the type of media you're seeing while the console is recording.

From January 2012.

Many many thread discussions actually. And the feature gets wrapped up with everything else as one big example of MS focusing on children's programming and reruns of old Hasbro cartoons as its main function.

That last bit of that sentence might be hyperbole:)
I can only find searching durango/720 and capture/recording related to dvr recording but I will take your word for it, there wasn't any large focus on that one rumor though, and it probably does get wrapped up in everything but I don't think there's been any pooping on that one feature specifically.
You see that is a patent instead of a rumor from a reliable source. It's probably coming in 720 too though.

I think his point is that he doesn't believe people have been bashing the Durango for its perceived focus on media. To that I would say, just go back a few pages in this very thread (let alone every Durango/Orbis thread).
Not focus on media, game recording specifically.

Karak

I can only find searching durango/720 and capture/recording related to dvr recording but I will take your word for it, there wasn't any large focus on that one rumor though, and it probably does get wrapped up in everything but I don't think there's been any pooping on that one feature specifically.
You see that is a patent instead of a rumor from a reliable source. It's probably coming in 720 too though.

I found over 40 posts just recently using proper google searches including just random responses and or sarcastic mentions.
I won't hazard to guess what someone was thinking from one moment to another when it comes to their responses. When they post like that. I sort of just assume they meant what they posted.

That leaked document talks about gaming streaming too. Each user having its own channel to distribute that stuff.

That would be unique. It will be interesting to see for sure.

The 4 new IPs sounds good as in my mind it is a start. Just depends on the talent behind them. I think we know one of those possibly with that latest filing.

I believe MS is likely to bring some 3rd party love to the table early on as well.

Edit: though I should add likely nowhere close to early on this gen I bet.
Ya 4 is a good start. I am not sure if they can repeat those first 1-2 years. That wasn't only planning there was some fortunate luck, lack of big delays, all kinds of things to really come together well.

quickwhips

I still wonder how much stuff is spot on in all these threads. Microsoft seems to always keep a pretty tight ship so I can't wait for an announcement.

abadguy

Banned

Welcome to the wonderful world of Console Wars! A system feature is either cool or useless depending on whether or not their console of choice is using it.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Welcome to the wonderful world of Console Wars! A system feature is either cool or useless depending on whether or not their console of choice is using it.

Pretty much, Kinect is a piece of crap but Move is a welcome addition to core gaming... right......

eso76

That leaked document talks about gaming streaming too. Each user having its own channel to distribute that stuff.

What ? There's a leak about this ? You sure you didn't read my post on neogaf saying Ms should do this ? basically Microsoft Xbox own twitch TV ?
Or someone read my post and spread it as leak/rum or ?

Karak

Triple bonus points if they mention some kind of 'magic sauce' :)

It would be delicious if they somehow dropped Magic sauce into various commercials and tv shows. Just in the background or being used back actors.
Has nothing to do with games but it would be awesome to see Spartacus eating some pheasant and someone offers him some kind of magic sauce hahahahhaa

USC-fan

Banned

Starting to sound like a wiiu thread...

come on guys lets not start that nonsense.

What ? There's a leak about this ? You sure you didn't read my post on neogaf saying Ms should do this ? basically Microsoft Xbox own twitch TV ?
Or someone read my post and spread it as leak/rum or ?

That document from 2010, which talked about kinect v2 and fortaleza glass.

They talk a lot about XTV, which seems a bunch of features and services related to media consumption, and IIRC, they say something about each user being able to create their own OTT service with the console.

FrankT

Was that more based on Sony going with 2gb of ram though. Not sure when 4GB of GDDR5 came into the equation. Also how long have we known MS would go with 8GB of DDR3. There would be some bandwidth issues there special sauce or not.

The only way to be more powerful than 4GBs of GDDR5 would be to go with more. I mean that is pretty much it.

Though going by that source in edge they are still going to be close as others have stated here.

Can't see how that can be spun as some sort of "MS is on a loss of focus on gaming" when it's directly related to gaming tbh.

madmackem

From his twitter feed:

@aegies: if you insist on buying only one of the next gen consoles this fall, your decision is going to be pretty hard. lots of exclusives for both.

Distinct possibility I end up with both if so.

Wont be hard for those of us in eu hahah.

Top Bottom