• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video games that you have never played despite their awards, console exclusive or recommendations.

RickSanchez

Never played Call of Duty because i only play single player games.

Never played a FromSoft / soulsbourne game because skill issue (my hand-eye co-ordination and reaction speed is shit).

Never played a Final Fantasy or a Zelda game because......just never got around to it, and i don't have a Switch.

Never played a Halo game apart from the very first one (Halo: Combat Evolved)

I’ve never played one second of Mass Effect 3.

I’ve played the first two. Mass Effect 2 was
My GOTY when it came out. I even own a copy of the original on PS3 I got on sale ages ago. Doesn’t make any sense, I guess I was just over it by the time it released and then everyone hating on it at the time didn’t help.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Far Cry 3. I just missed it at the time and then so many games followed the formula that I never bothered to go back, but I will.

Chrono Cross and the 2nd and 3rd Splinter Cell games also come to mind, will get round to those too one day.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
tl;dr: too many.

Dragon Quest III. Want to, badly, but I'm holding off to see how that HD-2D remake ends up being.

The Goemon games come to mind too. Always loved the 2nd one on the N64. Would love to at least play the first one that came out on the SNES and also the first one that came out on the N64.

More recently, Stellar Blade, I just don't have a PS5 and I'm not going to get one for just one game lol.

People seem to love to FF7 remake, but I tried the demo of the first part on my PS4 and thought it plays like shit. The second one looks even worse.

Baldur's Gate III is another one. I love BG2 but something about the third one ticks me off, mostly being made by different people and that what I've seen about the writting isn't my kind of jam. Also, turn based combat, wtf? Give me real time with pause or fuck off back to your Divinity games Larian.

And probably many others. There are just too many games man, no way to keep up with them.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
Your posts deserved them. If it bothers you that much, ask for another ban.
Glad it bothers you too much.
Sipping Tea Time GIF

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I finished my umpteenth playthrough of Bloodborne earlier this year and I'll stick with my easiest and overexaggerated comments. The technical issues are there and aren't ideal but "awful" should be saved for the likes of Blightown on PS3. Dark Souls. Elden Ring also has a few bosses that are more difficult than anything in Bloodborne.
I love BB to death ... is the best Souls game together with Sekiro Imo... But after playing all their subsequent games at 60 fps I just cant play BB anymore until they remaster it.

About the difficult to each is own I guess... BB had very hard chalices dungeons and the bosses from the Hunter expansion are pretty tough... ER is the media and casuals darling, the first Souls many were able to finish after giving up on the series, and the reason is that is easier than the rest. For me is a no contest. But again each of us are gonna have different experiences.

Cheers

Rocinante618

Neo Member
quickly off my mind, I have not played nor have any interest to play:

- Minecraft
- Spiderman & its sequels
- Disco Elysium
- Hades (and sequel)
- Stardew Valley
- Baldur's Gate 3 (or in fact any game in this genre)
- Diablo/Overwatch/Starcraft (+sequels) (in fact I haven't played any Blizzard game)
- Alan Wake (and it's sequel)
- Final Fantasy (any, the recent remakes also)
- Mass Effect (any, as well as Dragon Age)
- most competitive multiplayer titles: fortnite, valorant, league of legends/dota, etc (the only competitive multiplayer title I play is ;) Clash Royale on iOS)

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
The performance issues were exaggerated when we first played.. now is ridiculous in the age of 60 fps games.

And no fucking way you think bloodborne is easier than Elden Ring... ER is From's take on mainstream Souls filled with easy modes help.
Elden Ring can be considered harder because the open world lets you go anywhere, which means you often run into enemies that are way above your level. I find Dark Souls 3 easier as it’s linear. Bloodborne probably falls into that category.

Bloodborne I just never enjoyed despite everyone telling me it’s “the best”. I’m sure it gets better but I have no desire to find out.

Last edited:

Loope

Still haven't bought it yet. Desperately want to, but not until I have a disgusting amount of free time to play it that I know I'll need :p
Not going to lie, love Baldur's Gate, love Larian's work, but knowing this game has so much cutscenes kind of pushes me off, although i'm sure it is a great game that will enjoy.

Bond007

Never cared for Fallout.
Nor do Bethesda games really move the needle for me with the exception of Skyrim itself (Not Elder Scrolls as a series) and maybe one Wolfenstein.

Bernardougf

Gold Member

Elden Ring can be considered harder because the open world lets you go anywhere, which means you often run into enemies that are way above your level. I find Dark Souls 3 easier as it’s linear. Bloodborne probably falls into that category.

Bloodborne I just never enjoyed despite everyone telling me it’s “the best”. I’m sure it gets better but I have no desire to find out.
Well yes and no... because you can just say "fuck it" and do another area and come back .... but doing a "normal" progression I found the easier one ER... and again the game became popular among "non souls" fans and even the mainstream media because it was more accessible...

But every Souls game (outside Sekiro) the difficult can be easier or harder depending how you approach the game... You can go open chest + dagger and make the game insane... but utilizing everything you can and everything the game is telling you to use, I found Elden Ring ridiculously easy and cheap.

Kssio_Aug

A huge amount unfortunately. I don't play a Call of Duty game since Call of Duty 4, I don't play a Ubisoft game since Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity. I pretty much don't play any JRPG since PS3, with the exception of Persona 4 and 5. I don't play Final Fantasy since XIV.

And I still have to play Cyberpunk 2077 and Baldur's Gate 3... but these I really want to play, I'm just waiting for the right moment.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Well yes and no... because you can just say "fuck it" and do another area and come back .... but doing a "normal" progression I found the easier one ER... and again the game became popular among "non souls" fans and even the mainstream media because it was more accessible...

But every Souls game (outside Sekiro) the difficult can be easier or harder depending how you approach the game... You can go open chest + dagger and make the game insane... but utilizing everything you can and everything the game is telling you to use, I found Elden Ring ridiculously easy and cheap.
Interesting I found it the complete opposite. Yet I also found it to be far and away FromSoftware’s best game.

Chronicle

Pretty much anything Nintendo just because of tge ecosystem. However I now have a Switch for my daughters so I'll definitely be playing botw someday but not yet.

So it's Zelda.

Never played and completely not interested:

Any MMO or multiplayer shooters
Any Assassins Creed game
GTA5
TLOU1/2
God of War 2018 and Ragnarok
Any of Spider Man (lol)
Harry Potter

And I was a big fan of PlayStation games. But their movie games burried any will to play their games.

1) Anything involving Hideo Kojima - Go make a movie if you want to make hour long cutscenes.

2) Assassins Creed Whatever-the-Fuck - Ubishit. All of them.

3) Red Dead Anything - No GTA game post-San Andreas can keep my attention for more than two hours. So why would I play the same gameplay but on a horse?

4) Zelda: Breath of the Tears of the Wild Kingdom - I never asked for open world bullshit in my Zelda games. I want fun dungeons, god damn it and I don't want to have to trek across a gigantic open world to find them.

Dazraell

• Demon's Souls / Dark Souls / Bloodborne / Elden Ring
  • Metroid
  • Dragon Quest
  • Resident Evil
  • Fortnite and other battle royale games
  • Halo

Mortisfacio

Banned
Monster Hunter: World

The game looks fun as hell and right up with what I want out of an RPG, but all I ever hear from that game is how grindy it is. There's too many games out I want to play while also trying to manage wife/kids, work, gym and other hobbies. I just don't have time for that.

Hudo

Any Marvel or DC game, including the Arkham games.

There is just something about superhero stuff that immediately kills any interest for me. Ironically: I quite liked the Guardians of the Galaxy game by Eidos.
Also: I have never played the Star Wars: Jedi games.
And also pretty much every live-service game because I have standards.

Last edited:
4) Zelda: Breath of the Tears of the Wild Kingdom - I never asked for open world bullshit in my Zelda games. I want fun dungeons, god damn it and I don't want to have to trek across a gigantic open world to find them.

Um... Zelda 1 practically invented the Open World concept. And you do have to trek across a pretty big map for the time.

Every Fromsoft game after trying out Dark Souls. I realized pretty early on that thier games are just not for me. Aside from the annoying difficulty, I found no interest or liking in the game world, story, or art design.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
NES games that aren't FF, Zelda or Mario/Duck Hunt .....I was a master system kid

Top Bottom