• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of "Bees and Winnie the Pooh" twerk dance cause huge scandal in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patapuf

It's not exactly a choreography that's suited for a presentation to parents but a group of teenage girls dancing provocatively is really nothing to get worked up about imo.

Yeah, that's basically where I am. Teenagers dancing provocatively is nothing to get bent out of shape about.

It's just rather inappropriate for a school talent show.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Really? This is a scandal in Russia? After all the shit I've seen coming from there, I thought this would be a Tuesday.

Permanently A

What the hell, I closed the video because I feel dirty watching it. Who thought this was a good idea? Even if they were older it would still be embarrassing as fuck, now its just straight up creepy.

Gnub

what is twerking? vid was obviously disturbing

Twerking is a form of dance which has two major criteria:
Movement which showcase the physics of the glutius maximus meat
Movement which mimic the movements of sexual intercourse

This looks like a highschool performance of some sort. Why wasn't thi previewed and shot down by the school administration?

At first I was like, alright. Then I looked closer. Some of those girls look 13 man. You gotta put a warning in the OP about that shit.

Scandal is because of the the colours they are wearing. Same colours as the Ribbon of Saint George, which has been used heavily in the propaganda war against Ukraine to inspire patriotism. Legislation has been introduce to the Duma to make it a criminal offensive to disrespect patriotic symbols like the Ribbon of Saint George.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

Lakitu

st5fu
Ugh, twerking. I'll never understand these horrid dance movement things. Why can't people just enjoy themselves? They have to do these overtly-sexual and attention seeking dances instead. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm on somebody's watch list now.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and get some perspective. This is very much like "First World Problems" and people are getting worked up over nothing (or making pedo-bear jokes ) when there is a significant sex trafficking and "online bride" industry in Russia.

Yes it may be disturbing to you but that isn't their fault. If stuff like this put you on a watch list, we would all be in Jail thanks to Miley Cyrus
What about Sia's ELASTIC HEART video then? Or is that exempt because no Twerking?

You guys remember being teens? It was all about looking "hot, cool & sexy"
For me at least, they failed, I was laughing

Scandal is because of the the colours they are wearing. Same colours as the Ribbon of Saint George, which has been used heavily in the propaganda war against Ukraine to inspire patriotism. Legislation has been introduce to the Duma to make it a criminal offensive to disrespect patriotic symbols like the Ribbon of Saint George.

Now that I understand. Defamation of national symbols and all that

Ugh, twerking. I'll never understand these horrid dance movement things. Why can't people just enjoy themselves? They have to do these overtly-sexual and attention seeking dances instead. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm on somebody's watch list now.

Honestly the dance itself and the choreography is what appalls me the most. I come from a place with a thousand year old legacy of dance and music yet this ridiculous Twerking is what's hot apparently.

I see nothing wrong with twerking. It's pretty hot.

Youtube the name "Shiamak Davar" is you want to see what REAL dancing looks like, not this nonsense

Despera

Banned
I see nothing wrong with twerking. It's pretty hot.

Izuna

Banned
Them dancing like that alone isn't the problem.

The concern is that the school allowed this to be the choreography. Did all of the girls plan on doing this dance before being taught?

This is sexualisation of teens being supported by an institution that teaches minors of even younger ages. Someone working for that school is pleased by this dance. If some of you cant see why that is disgusting, I don't know what to say.

You wouldn't even get away with this in Japan. Let alone in the US/UK. This is a scandal FO an obvious reason

The concern is that the school allowed this to be the choreography. Did all of the girls plan on doing this dance before being taught?

This is sexualisation of teens being supported by an institution that teaches minors of even younger ages. Someone working for that school is pleased by this dance. If some of you cant see why that is disgusting, I don't know what to say.

You wouldn't even get away with this in Japan. Let alone in the US/UK. This is a scandal FO an obvious reason

Counter argument; Toddler's & Tiara's as well as all sorts of underage beauty pageants
Also, nice try but the scandal doesn't concern the dance as much as the fact that they are wearing the colors of a national symbol.

Since these kind of performances take weeks of preparation and rehearsal I'm pretty sure everyone involve came to a unanimous decision to do a Twerking performance, probably since it would be easy and supposedly "provocative"

If any of the girls objected, they simply didn't take part

GorillaJu

I think you would. I've seen HS dance club performances and they can get pretty racy.

SgtCobra

Teenagers twerking, nothing to see here :/ but I really agree with izanudomo though, shit like this shouldn't be shown in a school.
What a horrible dance btw.

Ah this makes sense.

PillarEN

Just trying out for the next TATU-like group. The manager of that group says there is a need in the Russian market for underage looking girls acting sexy and stuff

Condom

Because it's hot? Are you asexual?

Because it's hot? Are you asexual?

This is nothing, it's not hot or erotic, just stupid
How many here actually watch good dance performances?

Damn if only the Mughals of India could watch this, they would throw out all the courtesans and replace them with Twerkers... Belly Dancing... now that's provocative... and takes genuine effort

red731

Twerking the russiangayaway to the ground.
Putin it to work.

Also CTRL + SHIFT + N and copy lel
ed: what the fuck did I just watch

-Ryn

Banned
Meanwhile, in the other room

HoneyBeeInn.png

Despera

Banned
This is nothing, it's not hot or erotic, just stupid
How many here actually watch good dance performances?
1- Just because someone thinks twerking as a form of dance is hot in an erotic sense doesn't automatically point to a lack of appreciation for the finer forms of dance.

2- You need to understand that twerking is not something that originated recently and caught on overnight... it's actually pretty ancient. Different cultures have different names for it... west africans have their mapouka, east africans have their niiko (a dance done primarily at weddings to celebrate the consummation of the marriage that night), in the arab region they call it m'alayah (it's even more suggestive than your average twerk routine). All sexually suggestive and involve poppin' that booty.

rambis

Banned
Hmmm.

On one hand, I know growing up girls used to do booty dances at ages a lot younger than these girls and I was obviously fine with it. But at the same time idk if its right to choreograph this for a school play.

Wynnebeck

Banned
lol At first I didn't think anything of it, but real talk, having a bunch of high school age girls twerking for a show is pretty inappropriate. I'm trying to imagine how my high school would have reacted and it probably would have been outraged too.

lol At first I didn't think anything of it, but real talk, having a bunch of high school age girls twerking for a show is pretty inappropriate. I'm trying to imagine how my high school would have reacted and it probably would have been outraged too.

If they were twerking with decent clothes it would be okay to borderline, but those skirts are just too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom