• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of the March Xbox One Update

daman824

Funny how not a a single insider said there would be a price drop, following day.
Only tell them what you want them to know.
Yeah. I think that a few of the "insiders" bit off a bit more than they could chew or let their bias influence what they talk about ever since the whole "ass storm" fiasco. Cboat at least is definitely poasting fud nowadays.

Anyway, the update looks awesome. It's a bit annoying some of the stuff wasn't there at launch. But it's getting fixed pretty quickly.

I love it! Yesss! This is clean and beautiful. I may not like Metro but this looks fantastic. I'm so happy to get my X1 soon. I couldn't hold out any longer.

Looks like a great update, but have they addressed Dolby Digital via optical out? DTS down samples to stereo from a DD source like a DirecTV receiver.

ShapeGSX

Looks like a great update, but have they addressed Dolby Digital via optical out? DTS down samples to stereo from a DD source like a DirecTV receiver.

I'm not sure you can ever expect DD 5.1 over optical passed from the HDMI input. The reason is that the HDMI audio is encrypted. Optical audio is not encrypted.

They can't conform to the HDMI spec while decrypting the audio and sending a bit-perfect 5.1 unencrypted optical signal out of the optical output port. Best you can hope for is stereo.

This is also why TVs with optical outputs will downmix HDMI 5.1 audio to stereo.

You are probably going to have to get an HDMI receiver to get 5.1 audio from the passthrough.

Yes, it is stupid. Blame the HDMI group.

see5harp

party chat is useful so you can opt out of hearing others on your team that aren't your friends. Also, anyone can join even if they're playing some other game, if you just want to shoot the shit.

Yea, I'm saying it wouldn't make sense for Respawn to have to make their own party chat for Titanfall. They already have voice chat in game.

see5harp

And party/cross game chat was already functioning since day one.

Yes, among that fact. To be honest, Titanfall as it works now actually is one of those games that basically works with the Party system. You get into a party, start the game and you are instantly in a lobby with friends. I'm not actually sure I like that. I want to at least have to respond to an invite in most cases. Sometimes I'm just checking stats and don't really want to play with people right away.

That's pretty damn impressive stuff right there. Looks fantastic. Great to see Microsoft really putting to good use one of their primary strengths here. Some pretty nice improvements.

Oh man, this is making me even more excited for when I grab my own Xbox One!

And not surprised in the least another seemingly fabricated shock and awe story is put to bed.

Top Bottom